Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Oct 1, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #1,816 of 2,934
I returned mine because of fit issues on my right ear, where they kept coming off and breaking the seal. But after the disenchanting experience I had with the Rai Penta, I was seriously considering buying the Xelento again, even if that meant going on a crazy tip hunt. However, I ended up getting the JVC HA-FW10000 (that come with Spiral Dots ++ by the way), which have been described as being like the love child of Xelento + T8IE. They should be arriving next Friday, I will then be able to see if I made the right choice.
Any word on thise JVCs? Have they arrived, any initial impressions?

Oct 1, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #1,817 of 2,934
My new Xelentos arrived today and they are night and day different from my first set. They look the same same, came in the same box and have the same accessory kit but thats where the similarity ends..... these sound amazing, nice deep & defined yet uncongested bass, beautiful mids with vocals exactly where they should be. and beautifully sibilant free sparkly treble. You may remember I bought my first set a few months back, had a ton of driver flex issues and a very muffled and congested sound stage with them. Beyer Replaced them but I sold them before ever listening to the replacements. But ever since selling them, its been nagging me that I had to give them a fair shake, there was just too much positive comment about them for my experience to be typical and boy am I glad I repurchased. There is no driver flex problem with them (there's a very little flex in both L & R but far less than the originals and less than all my other IEMS with a DD) and the soundstage is open and clear. I'm happy. Going to pick up a 2nd set for my wife and the oBravo Cupids are no longer needed. They're a really nice set but off they go! And the IMR RAHs should show up in about a 6 weeks. If any of you have avoided the Xelentos because of the reported driver flex issues, Beyer has fixed it and these are an outstanding set of IEMS.

Oct 1, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #1,818 of 2,934
Any word on thise JVCs? Have they arrived, any initial impressions?

Yes they did... Well, I'm over the moon with them. Fit is great, they look amazing and they sound so f...ing nice. Any genre sounds beautiful and detailed. Also there's never harshness on any track. Some tracks on the Xelento were borderline impossible to listen to, some tracks on the Rai Penta were super congested. These? These just made me stop skipping songs altogether. I can't wait for JVC to release the 4.4mm balanced cable for these.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #1,819 of 2,934
The foam tips supplied by Beyerdynamic with the Xelento are from the aftermarket Company called Comply. The model is. Comply T500. They are notoriously soft with a short lifespan and wont be covered under warranty. They are there for variety and so you can find the ideal.tip for you. You can either replace them when they fall apart (and they will) or replace them with Dekoni Bulletz Mercury which last much longer. The Dekoni are very good. I also bought about 30 of these. They were cheap, delivered fast. Fit comfortably and are compatable with the comply T400 and wear much longer than actual comply tips: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F 173499907178.

Thanks I will check these out!

Oct 4, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #1,821 of 2,934
M5 to me doesn't sound great. I see it for BT convenience, but as a DAP, you are better off with an LG Phone.

Oct 4, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #1,823 of 2,934
That is a great option. M11 is great if you have some budget flexibity

Oct 19, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #1,825 of 2,934
I need help, im torn between this or Hyla te5b that is in stock at the moment, im looking for a bass iem mainly for my hip hop and RNB listening to compensate for my fh7. can anybody help?

You have asked this question on several threads and been provided advice. You said the TE5B is in stock so why can’t you just have a demo with it?

Oct 19, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #1,826 of 2,934
I dont know the Hyla, but the Xelento Bass is very good with excellent transition to mids.
I have one. PM if yr if you're interested.

Oct 19, 2019 at 6:56 AM Post #1,827 of 2,934
You have asked this question on several threads and been provided advice. You said the TE5B is in stock so why can’t you just have a demo with it?
first off. i want to thank u as uv been helping me out with your advices in several threads. sadly im in New Zealand and I dont have local audio shop that sells it and i communicate straight from hyla . so I am just asking the people who had experience with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back