Beyerdynamic Xelento!
May 18, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #1,606 of 2,944
I might be a little late to the party but I just got a pair of Xelentos today. They really fill that missing bass itch that I don't get with my Andros. I owned the T8ie MKII a while back and while I really did enjoy it I felt that its midbass was a bit too much and the Xelento feels like it has more subbass which I like. While I feel that the EX1000 still is the overall king of dynamics in my book the Xelento has infinitely better fit and no sharp twin peaks that the EX1000 has. Besides, like Crinacle mentioned earlier the EXK kind of cheats by being practically an open back IEM with 0 isolation....and is practically unusable outdoors or any non quiet environment
Great choice of headphone! Enjoy :) I also prefer sub-bass > mid-bass.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 18, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #1,607 of 2,944
But this is an Xelento thread so back to the main topic. The fit on these is the best I've ever had on any IEM along with the T8ie which is essentially the same housing. Tastefully done V shape tuning since so many companies do it wrong and mess up the mids. While it doesn't have that surgical accuracy of the Andros it is very realistic and fun sounding. As expected from Beyerdynamic, the originator of the dynamic headphone

Attachments

• 627CF19D-3810-4C3F-AADF-DC136D4F63AC.png
    627CF19D-3810-4C3F-AADF-DC136D4F63AC.png
    543.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
May 18, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #1,608 of 2,944
The aching question is whether this soon too be out in a few months t9ie will no question outperform it or not asking 1100. Better be amazing.

May 22, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #1,615 of 2,944
Hi - I know this is the Xelento thread, and apologies for going slightly off topic, but for those who have heard both, what's the difference between the Xelento and the A&K T8IE MKII in terms of sound signature?

Thanks.

May 22, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #1,616 of 2,944
May 22, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #1,617 of 2,944

Awesome! Thanks, that's an objective view of the differences. So the Xelento should have less bleeding into the mids, so mids should be slightly clearer, but also overall a slightly more V-shaped sound, though the bass emphasis is really more in the sub-bass region (which I strongly prefer) and goes down relatively quickly once you approach the mid-bass region.

Hopefully I can find a good deal on a used pair somewhere (or new), as $900 is a bit too rich for me right now :)

May 22, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #1,618 of 2,944
Awesome! Thanks, that's an objective view of the differences. So the Xelento should have less bleeding into the mids, so mids should be slightly clearer, but also overall a slightly more V-shaped sound, though the bass emphasis is really more in the sub-bass region (which I strongly prefer) and goes down relatively quickly once you approach the mid-bass region.

Hopefully I can find a good deal on a used pair somewhere (or new), as $900 is a bit too rich for me right now :)

There's a fair bit of midbass. Don't expect it to be that clean of a bass boost. But yes compared to t8ie, it sounds clearer and more balanced overall

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
May 22, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #1,619 of 2,944
I also tend to prefer the Xelento-type shape of FR, i.e., more in the sub-bass and less in the mid-bass.

BTW, I just heard official word from Beyerdynamic that the T9ie will be on demo at the A&K booth at the Socal CanJam next month :)

May 23, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #1,620 of 2,944
Anyone here ever heard either the Sony MDR-7520 (over-ear studio monitor) or JH Audio JH13FP? How would those compare to the Xelento? I'm now starting to wonder if they have too much bass for my liking as I listen to a wide variety of music, ranging from jazz to electronic (including some EDM, but mostly non-EDM synth heavy music, or ambient). My Sony 7520 has my ideal bass response, very very detailed, extends deep, but is never overpowering and never bleeds into the mids.

I'm just reading such wildly varying impressions about this IEM, and I might be able to get a good deal on them, used :) Just want to be sure before I pull the trigger.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back