Beyerdynamic Xelento!
May 5, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #1,576 of 2,944
So is the hidisz sonata dongle mind blowing costs 30 bucks. But whatever you do do Not get that radstone earstudio one. That thing puts everything forward like your sitting in a front row of a theatre don't know why it's so popular, huge disappointment.

May 5, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #1,577 of 2,944
Has any1 tried the plussound x series gold + silver by any chance. Odered it on the massdrop few weeks ago pretty excited for that.

May 5, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #1,579 of 2,944
FIIO.png
I heard cl2 needs a lot of juice. The BR3 is enough?
Yeah, it sounds great. I just popped on the Xelentos about 20 minutes ago, and while they have better sub-bass, the CL2 is a better 'sound'; cleaner, more controlled and balanced.

Last edited:
May 5, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #1,581 of 2,944
May 8, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #1,586 of 2,944
I'm looking to replace my Audeo PFE232s and the Xelentos (wired) have piqued my interest. The PFE232s are just incredibly light and small, making them super comfortable. If anyone here has/had a pair and can compare the sound of them to the Xelentos, that'd be awesome. My ears are smaller and I've had difficulty with many " IEMs being too large/bulky for my ears. That said, how would you say the Xelento compare as far as size vs. many of the other popular brands/models (Fiio, MEE P1, BGVP DM6, Kanas Pro, Ikko OH1, etc.). I tried Etymotics years ago and didn't like them, fwiw. The Xelento's are on sale for around $750 right now and with Amazon Prime I could afford to try them out but they'd absolutely be the most expensive IEMs I'm considering, by a long shot, so I want to know if they'd be worth the price. To me, if they fit really well and could be worn during work days for the whole day without discomfort, they'd be worth the price to me. Thanks for any advice and opinions you can provide!

May 8, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #1,587 of 2,944
I'm looking to replace my Audeo PFE232s and the Xelentos (wired) have piqued my interest. The PFE232s are just incredibly light and small, making them super comfortable. If anyone here has/had a pair and can compare the sound of them to the Xelentos, that'd be awesome. My ears are smaller and I've had difficulty with many " IEMs being too large/bulky for my ears. That said, how would you say the Xelento compare as far as size vs. many of the other popular brands/models (Fiio, MEE P1, BGVP DM6, Kanas Pro, Ikko OH1, etc.). I tried Etymotics years ago and didn't like them, fwiw. The Xelento's are on sale for around $750 right now and with Amazon Prime I could afford to try them out but they'd absolutely be the most expensive IEMs I'm considering, by a long shot, so I want to know if they'd be worth the price. To me, if they fit really well and could be worn during work days for the whole day without discomfort, they'd be worth the price to me. Thanks for any advice and opinions you can provide!
Hi!

I have a pair of Xelento's I am trying to sell. It is only the wire and the earphones, no packaging, but they are in great condition, and i could give you a nice deal...
Xelento.JPG

May 9, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #1,588 of 2,944
Moved to a balanced cable with these and genuinely can’t see myself wanting to upgrade ever again, after a year where I must’ve bought 7 or 8 IEMs. The petite form factor is just perfect for me. They have the perfect amount of bass without the image ever becoming congested. The soundstage is wide and separation is excellent but never weirdly so as with the Oriveti ONPs. I’m hearing details I never noticed before but nothing is too forward or insistent: I have these glued in my ears all day. Isolation is fine with medium Spiral Dots. They make me happy :simpers:

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #1,589 of 2,944
Moved to a balanced cable with these and genuinely can’t see myself wanting to upgrade ever again, after a year where I must’ve bought 7 or 8 IEMs. The petite form factor is just perfect for me. They have the perfect amount of bass without the image ever becoming congested. The soundstage is wide and separation is excellent but never weirdly so as with the Oriveti ONPs. I’m hearing details I never noticed before but nothing is too forward or insistent: I have these glued in my ears all day. Isolation is fine with medium Spiral Dots. They make me happy :simpers:

Would you mind listing what other IEMs you tried? I'm starting down a path of testing a bunch out and I'm curious.

May 9, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #1,590 of 2,944
Would you mind listing what other IEMs you tried? I'm starting down a path of testing a bunch out and I'm curious.
Try the CL2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back