Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Feb 28, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #1,456 of 2,940

Why didn't you get the second generation, the facial plate looks better, that being said, I also have the first generation.
IMG_8281.JPG

Feb 28, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #1,457 of 2,940

Why didn't you get the second generation, the facial plate looks better, that being said, I also have the first generation.

Because My friend is letting his .. so I got it from him..

Feb 28, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #1,459 of 2,940
Hey How does the Xelento compare to HS1551?

To me, Xelento is an upgrade version for HS1551. 1551 sounds clearer on instruments while xelento is better in overall performances. Xelento has really good vocal! As for their sound sig, i would say it’s more or less the same. V shape, warm and refined.

Feb 28, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #1,460 of 2,940
Has anyone tired the MIY/Mimi hearing test included with some new Beyer wireless headphones?

I keep trying it with my Xelento but it’s so inexact that I feel the resultant eq curve is inaccurate. The test has a beeping sound (one ear at a time) that fades in and out while rising in pitch and you hold it button when you hear it and release the button when you don’t. Observing my own ear-hand coordination, I see how inexact my response is. I’d prefer a typical hearing test.

Any else try it?

Feb 28, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #1,461 of 2,940
Has anyone tired the MIY/Mimi hearing test included with some new Beyer wireless headphones?

I keep trying it with my Xelento but it’s so inexact that I feel the resultant eq curve is inaccurate. The test has a beeping sound (one ear at a time) that fades in and out while rising in pitch and you hold it button when you hear it and release the button when you don’t. Observing my own ear-hand coordination, I see how inexact my response is. I’d prefer a typical hearing test.

Any else try it?
I couldn't get the app to work...

Mar 1, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #1,463 of 2,940
The xelento uses the MMCX standard, there are many available along with custom made.

You have to heard to them personally to make you decision.

Mar 1, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #1,465 of 2,940
Mar 1, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #1,466 of 2,940
I couldn’t compare them yet, but the contenders are Shure SE846, CA Andromeda, CA Solaris, and Sony EX1000, which includes a variety of driver configurations.
Curious to hear your final thoughts, as I'm very familiar with all but one of the above.

The Solaris is a bit of a break from the usual Campfire Audio design. I don't think it's going to fit and feel like a proper Campfire Audio IEM without me welding some razor-sharp edges to the outside of its nozzle. It's kind of large. Does it actually fit ok in your ears??

Mar 1, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #1,467 of 2,940
What are some good pure silver cables for the Xelento
I like Effect Audio Thor Silver II+, but the Eros II+ sounded the best to me for the Xelentos; had the best balanced sounded.

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #1,468 of 2,940
What are some good pure silver cables for the Xelento

This is what I use with my Xelentos, and I like it, I find it to be a good pure silver cable (to my ears, at least): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Top...798.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dUg4g1h - Keep in mind that it will obviously be quite a bit cheaper to get it on some occasion in which the Aliexpress guys give special discounts, like 11.11/Chinese New year etc.

Hakuzen, over on the lower priced cables thread, also tested this cable and liked it (I have no personal experience with it, though): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/6n-...pm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.292.55053c00w63spV - I kept an eye on them during 11.11 etc, and they usually do maybe a 20% discount on those occasion (while NiceHCK can get to 30-40%).

Hakuzen's review is here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/gucraftsman-headphones-earphones-cables.23451/reviews#review-21214

Mar 1, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #1,469 of 2,940
Curious to hear your final thoughts, as I'm very familiar with all but one of the above.

The Solaris is a bit of a break from the usual Campfire Audio design. I don't think it's going to fit and feel like a proper Campfire Audio IEM without me welding some razor-sharp edges to the outside of its nozzle. It's kind of large. Does it actually fit ok in your ears??

I've had a few days with the Xelento, and I haven't listened to them wired, so my perspective is correspondingly limited. They sound very good, commensurate with their peers. I'd say the EX1000 are better in retrieving details in music (though their treble can be fatiguing) and more dynamic. The Andromeda is also more detailed (and better balanced that the EX10000)), though maybe a little less organic. The SE846 is probably last of the pack. The Solaris is a strange beast, not clearly better, but very good, enjoyable, and well balanced. Yes, the Solaris has an odd fit and I've found a comfortable way to place them in my ears, though it took some time. The Andromeda are more comfortable than the Solaris though, which isn't saying much considering all the complaints of their comfort.

So far, the Xelento are somewhat TOTL 'average', strange as that might sound, and not necessarily bad. They're very well rounded, without any extreme qualities good or bad.

Still more time is needed, using a wired connection with head-to-head comparisons.

Mar 4, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #1,470 of 2,940
I've had a few days with the Xelento, and I haven't listened to them wired, so my perspective is correspondingly limited. They sound very good, commensurate with their peers. I'd say the EX1000 are better in retrieving details in music (though their treble can be fatiguing) and more dynamic. The Andromeda is also more detailed (and better balanced that the EX10000)), though maybe a little less organic. The SE846 is probably last of the pack. The Solaris is a strange beast, not clearly better, but very good, enjoyable, and well balanced. Yes, the Solaris has an odd fit and I've found a comfortable way to place them in my ears, though it took some time. The Andromeda are more comfortable than the Solaris though, which isn't saying much considering all the complaints of their comfort.

So far, the Xelento are somewhat TOTL 'average', strange as that might sound, and not necessarily bad. They're very well rounded, without any extreme qualities good or bad.

Still more time is needed, using a wired connection with head-to-head comparisons.

I got my wired version today via ebay deal last week. I quickly tried them using my ES100 versus wired and even on a short listen, wired is much improved to my ears. I am running them off of a Topping NX4. More detail, more resolving and warmer. I haven't compared them to the others so I offer no opinion other than wired is a meaningful improvement over wireless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back