Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Sep 29, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #542 of 2,937
Then the bigger case will probably suit you better.

Yep, this case I have it's too small, you need to roll up the cable into small loops, with the supplied cables, it may be ok, but this cable I have is much stiffer. beyerdynamic recommend you to remove the cables from the ear piece, but you know MMCX cables, the connector will come loose with too many removal.

Sep 29, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #543 of 2,937
After some tweaking with the xl tips (reversing and such) I can't complain about the sound at all. They are hands down the best I've ever heard with electronic sounds. Sure BA's can be quicker but cohesion and decay wise it's like listening to an electrostat. I've read someone compare them to the KSE1500 and I can understand why. WIth BA's I've never heard that clean of an extension from top to bottom that sounds so linear. It is a mesmerizing experience that had me in a trance because of the perfect timing. I think however they sound good on lower volumes but on higher settings they come alive, I had a similar experience with the Harmony 8 Pro, not with the 8.2.

Still they grab my attention in a way that the 8.2 never did. But I don't think I was the right kind of listener for it since it is an excellent ciem. The tonality of the Xelento is much more to my taste and my musical interests.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #544 of 2,937
Is there any evidence that BA drivers are actually quicker than the Xelento Tesla driver? I think the primary advantage of BAs is that they're so prolific (cheap!) by virtue of their widespread use in hearing aids. But as a result, they aren't required to (and often don't) do a great job beyond about 8 or 9 kHz. I would assume that the current trend toward lighter, stiffer drivers with better damping properties and more sensitive, easier-to-drive headphones (KSE1500, Utopia, Xelento) would actually produce the faster, more responsive driver. They're certainly able to cope with the upper frequencies better than any BA IEM I've heard.

BTW, the Xelento scales really well with better sources :) It sounds unbelievably awesome with the Hugo 2 - possibly leap-frogging my other favorite non-electrostatic IEM, the FLC8S.

Has anybody done any time-domain impulse-response measurements on the Xelentos?

Oct 6, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #545 of 2,937
Those after the wireless version, it should be out and available, from what I've been told the wireless part is not available optional, at least in Hong Kong, the agent of Hong Kong asked me to write to BD Germany for more information, and if it will be available they will forward it back to Hong Kong agent with a part number for me to order, I did this for the leather case, and just collected yesterday.

See the leaflet below, this is the official release for the wireless I picked up from Digi power which is Hong Kong's only authorized agent.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #546 of 2,937
15073351566771323664203.jpg
1507335177814687412766.jpg

Oct 6, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #547 of 2,937
Those after the wireless version, it should be out and available, from what I've been told the wireless part is not available optional, at least in Hong Kong, the agent of Hong Kong asked me to write to BD Germany for more information, and if it will be available they will forward it back to Hong Kong agent with a part number for me to order, I did this for the leather case, and just collected yesterday.

With the depressing proliferation of smartphones without 3.5 mm headphone sockets, I'd be surprised if Beyerdynamic didn't eventually release this cable as a standalone product. But by the time they do, there will probably be zillions of other such products on the market.

I know it's a convenience, but I hate the way a lossy, interference & drop-out prone system is being forced down all our throats. What headfi really needs right now is a rolling-eyes emoticon for whenever Bluetooth gets a mention... :wink:

Oct 6, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #548 of 2,937
P.S. I picked up an LG V30 today. It has a 3.5 mm headphone socket, quad ES9218P DAC and a pretty powerful amp. I'm happy to sit on the sidelines for a few more years until BT gets its problems ironed out and gives me the same so quality as that of my current wired headphones...

:gs1000smile:

Oct 6, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #549 of 2,937
I agree, just yesterday, when I picked up the leather case, the agent got a official pricelist for parts and I wasn't too happy with it, I got a spare cable from them before at USD 46, now it's USD 122, the leather case was quoted for me at USD 51, but was increased to USD 71, although they did let me have it at the cheaper price as I did wrote to BD and was past to marketing department in HK and a price was quoted beforehand, was going to pickup a spare oval buds, was quoted before at USD 5 a pair, and the new price was USD 10, so I didn't buy the buds, too expensive for one pair. And I won't be surprised if the wireless unit is super expensive, but I will write to BD Germany and let you know, on the side note yesterday I was in China saw some fake xelento cables didn't have chance to ask the price, but will do next time I visit.

Oct 6, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #550 of 2,937
P.S. I picked up an LG V30 today. It has a 3.5 mm headphone socket, quad ES9218P DAC and a pretty powerful amp. I'm happy to sit on the sidelines for a few more years until BT gets its problems ironed out and gives me the same so quality as that of my current wired headphones...

:gs1000smile:
I picked up a iPhone 8 just a few days ago HKD 7288 for the gold 256GB version, my first ever iPhone. All is going well, just more used to Android.

Oct 6, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #551 of 2,937
Oct 8, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #552 of 2,937
I got the Sony M2BT1 and i've been using it with the Xelentos for the last 3 days. Got to say it's not half bad....Sony did quite a good job with the DAC in these...they have a similar tonality to my Iphone 7 wired connection, maybe a little more open, very cohesive sound, very good detail in the mids and highs. You will however feel the difference in bass presentation. I don't think it's from the limited bandwidth ( starts from 20 HZ), but you lose some of that magic low end of the xelento's wired conection. It doesn't go as deep, a tad less impact, not as rounded as wired..However, for a wireless solution, within noisy environments, the difference in sound quality won't be so noticeable.
IMG_3087.JPG

Oct 9, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #553 of 2,937
I got the Spinfit CP100's (L) and while they do fit and sound good the reversing of the original XL-tip was the winner in my book. The sound of the original is more open and expansive imho compared to that of the Spinfit's. The fit is excellent as well and doesn't pressure my ear canal as much as the Spinfits while providing (for the Xelento's) an excellent seal.

Edit typo

Oct 9, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #554 of 2,937
I got the Spinfit CP100's (L) and while they do fit and sound good the reversing of the original XL-tip was the winner in my book.

That's the complication with this hobby. There's almost no point in handing out advice on eartips, because we're all shaped differently. None of the stock tips worked for me :frowning2:

Does "reversing" mean you use the L tip in your right ear, and vice versa?

Oct 9, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #555 of 2,937
Just turn them 180 degrees if they first don't seal well.
It can be a bit tricky if you test others because on a couple of occasions I thought I've put them back the same way only to discover it wasn't.
Luckely the seal instantly tells me if I have them put on correctly now.
This was a tip from Twister6. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back