Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R
Dec 10, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #61 of 107
TYGR for movies?
For any. Movies, music, watching, gaming and regular use like youtube and so on. The design is slick and not screaming which is a big plus.

Dec 10, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #63 of 107
Yes, I have the Tygr 300R and I love it. I had the HD560S and didn't like it one bit. Got rid of it.

Nice thank you! What didin't you like about the 560S if I may ask?

Currently I am also looking at the SHP9600. :)

So if anyone has any input regarding those it would be appreciated.

Dec 10, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #64 of 107
Nice thank you! What didin't you like about the 560S if I may ask?

Currently I am also looking at the SHP9600. :)

So if anyone has any input regarding those it would be appreciated.
The HD560S sounds lifeless, not fun, it's fatiguing quickly, treble is annoying and there is no soundstage at all despites it's an openback headphone. Bass is recessed and boring sounding too. For movies and gaming, the Tygr 300R is the right headphone and it's all enjoyment too. Comfort is excellent too.

Dec 10, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #66 of 107
Why not? They have great soundstage and imaging, so I assume Tygrs would be great for watching movies.
The Tygr is an awesome headphone for any use.

Dec 12, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #68 of 107
No wonder they keep going out of stock everywhere. :sweat:

Dec 16, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #70 of 107
Have you tried directly from the Beyer website? It is available on their North American site, but not sure if it is also available in any European markets…

Yeah I have looked, sadly Beyer do not post to the UK. :frowning2:

Jan 14, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #73 of 107
I bought into the youtuber hype on this and I have been severely underwhelmed for the following reasons:

1. Clamp force is way too light and the headphone doesnt feel secure on the head and also makes my ears touch the driver and it gets uncomfortable on bass notes.

2. There is something wierd about the midrange, some frequencies are totally absent. In call of duty there are some maps with aircondition exhaust units which I sometimes use to test 3d audio, the air blowing exhaust sound is totally subdued on it, almost inaudible.

3. It doesn’t like eq, especially bass boost and distorts heavily in disagreement,

Compared to Dt770 250ohm it is less clear less revealing, bass is looser, both have the same quantity of bass but dt770 just has layers upon layers and flavours and tight definition in bass, and there arent any odd mid range hollows. It sounds like a much more premium headphone and there is no grainyness in the mid range thats there in the tygrs. Listening to Ed Sheeran’s nothing on you on the Tygrs, it sounds like Ed is sleepy and not really enjoying his singing. And ya, the Dt770s can be driven to much louder volumes extracting a nice dynamic sound from games compared to the Tygrs. Playing last of us2 on the Dt770s is an experience.

Now I sort of understand the difference between lower impedance and higher impedance headphones. Its the speed clarity and just the revealing nature that makes games more enjoyable. You can actually hear the human enemies breathe in last of us 2, not just yourself but enemies and Dina following you..you can tell where she is by her breathing. Only thing going for tygrs is its soundstage and the fact that they are slightly less fatiguing, but in every other category the 770s just destroy them. Imaging difference is negated by 3d audio. I suppose on paper tygrs image well but I didn’t notice any difference in 3d audio, It was easier to hear footsteps with the 770s as I could crank the volume up with no distortion. Tygrs dont like loud volume.

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:13 PM Post #74 of 107
I bought into the youtuber hype on this and I have been severely underwhelmed for the following reasons:

1. Clamp force is way too light and the headphone doesnt feel secure on the head and also makes my ears touch the driver and it gets uncomfortable on bass notes.

2. There is something wierd about the midrange, some frequencies are totally absent. In call of duty there are some maps with aircondition exhaust units which I sometimes use to test 3d audio, the air blowing exhaust sound is totally subdued on it, almost inaudible.

3. It doesn’t like eq, especially bass boost and distorts heavily in disagreement,

Compared to Dt770 250ohm it is less clear less revealing, bass is looser, both have the same quantity of bass but dt770 just has layers upon layers and flavours and tight definition in bass, and there arent any odd mid range hollows. It sounds like a much more premium headphone and there is no grainyness in the mid range thats there in the tygrs. Listening to Ed Sheeran’s nothing on you on the Tygrs, it sounds like Ed is sleepy and not really enjoying his singing. And ya, the Dt770s can be driven to much louder volumes extracting a nice dynamic sound from games compared to the Tygrs. Playing last of us2 on the Dt770s is an experience.

Now I sort of understand the difference between lower impedance and higher impedance headphones. Its the speed clarity and just the revealing nature that makes games more enjoyable. You can actually hear the human enemies breathe in last of us 2, not just yourself but enemies and Dina following you..you can tell where she is by her breathing. Only thing going for tygrs is its soundstage and the fact that they are slightly less fatiguing, but in every other category the 770s just destroy them. Imaging difference is negated by 3d audio. I suppose on paper tygrs image well but I didn’t notice any difference in 3d audio, It was easier to hear footsteps with the 770s as I could crank the volume up with no distortion. Tygrs dont like loud volume.
Which source do you use them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back