Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Sep 30, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #3,811 of 3,971

Quote:
I think it's OK for others to use them.
smile.gif

BTW, thanks for the USB Thingee recommendation. Really improved my PC audio.

The more you get to know the Thingee, the better you'll like it.  It's very neutral and very accurate.

Oct 1, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #3,812 of 3,971

Quote:
So in other words if I am not appreciating the way my girlfriend looks I need to get a new girlfriend and not by her fancy a new dress? Hum? No. I don't think so....
biggrin.gif

That analogy does not work from Aarons view point when it comes to women. LOL!
L3000.gif
....  yet somehow I agree with Aaron on this particular issue...heheheheh!

I downloaded Easy Q digital equalizer for PC last night and can't stop fidgeting with the thing...its a piece of software engineering beauty!

Oct 1, 2010 at 4:54 AM Post #3,813 of 3,971

Quote:
The minute that you use an equalizer you are inducing distortion into the music as opposed to flat response. It's like an average woman looking good with make-up. Take the make-up away, and you still have the original woman. If you are not getting the sound that you want, you need to change your equipment, not mask it with false equalization. IMHO.

I don´t understand how this work? You have a lot of gear that is not neutral. How can they automatically get less neutral if you start to use the equalizer instead of trying to equalize with other amps, dacs or cables?
What am I missing
tongue.gif

Oct 1, 2010 at 6:12 AM Post #3,815 of 3,971

Quote:
The minute that you use an equalizer you are inducing distortion into the music as opposed to flat response. It's like an average woman looking good with make-up. Take the make-up away, and you still have the original woman. If you are not getting the sound that you want, you need to change your equipment, not mask it with false equalization. IMHO.

Oh boy, that sounds terrible! Seriously, you are on to sth there! What about these evil geeks audio engineers who fiddle with multiband compressors and parametric equalizers and all that horrible hellish stuff before they produce a sellable recording? And we have the Loudness Wars! Is it music any longer, once it gets through the clutches of gloomy production/mastering? So much distortion, aah!

Oct 1, 2010 at 6:27 AM Post #3,816 of 3,971
Well, at least when the music has been recorded EQed like hell or not, it has been done on purpose, to record the sound as wanted.
Adding some kind of cosmetics afterwards on one system is up to anybody to do so if one want his sound to be non neutral and faithful to the original mix, and vice versa.
Whether it adds distorsion or any other crappy stuff to the signal, this is up to the folk who want to EQ his sound to deal with it as it is.

Oct 1, 2010 at 6:44 AM Post #3,817 of 3,971
Pop music and such are mixed to be played on a various of systems... They often sacrifice the audio so it play better on the car stereo then on a hifi system. Classical music are just about never optimized for car audio.

But anyway that is not the case here. Why is it impossible to equalize a system that is not dead on neutral to be more neutral? Why do you automatically add colouration when you equalize no matter where you come from?
How many here feel they have dead neutral systems that can´t be improved in any way by equalizing with the goal being linear FR response?

Oct 1, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #3,818 of 3,971
oqvist, the obvious answer is that there are a lot of prejudices in the room.

I'm saying this again for the ignorant, if you don't choose crazy filter parameters a digital EQ will degrade the sound quality less than any tube amp and probably less than many other analogue devices.

Pacha, immtbiker, Frank l ... feel free to try to prove otherwise.

... unless you want to derail this thread even further. t_t

[size=medium] Quote:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with using software EQ...for a PC as a source. 

[/size]

[size=medium]
beerchug.gif

[/size]

Oct 1, 2010 at 7:50 AM Post #3,819 of 3,971

Quote:
Pop music and such are mixed to be played on a various of systems... They often sacrifice the audio so it play better on the car stereo then on a hifi system. Classical music are just about never optimized for car audio.

But anyway that is not the case here. Why is it impossible to equalize a system that is not dead on neutral to be more neutral? Why do you automatically add colouration when you equalize no matter where you come from?
How many here feel they have dead neutral systems that can´t be improved in any way by equalizing with the goal being linear FR response?

You're quite close, but not there yet, even though I much appreciate your opinion on the topic.

I would agree that additional equalization would be  LESS NECESSARY if one had a dead flat system (possibly speakers, for it is not achievable *objectively* with cans) in an acoustically treated room. Even then, many folks prefer to fine tune their system with measurement mics and compensatory equalization (to smooth out the already very good).

With cans, however, what you get for your money is always some more or less accurate approximation of this perfect state + some market factors (like "let's have headphones for bass-heads"). My claim is, therefore, that cans are already distorting the reality a lot, so an equalizer can only help, provided that one knows how to play with it.

Oct 1, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #3,821 of 3,971

Quote:

I'm saying this again for the ignorant, if you don't choose crazy filter parameters a digital EQ will degrade the sound quality less than any tube amp and probably less than many other analogue devices.

[size=medium]
beerchug.gif

[/size]

Funny its always the guys who do not list their equipment that make the most stink and this is a T1 appreciation thread. You derailed this thread enough back to the T1. You seem to like to cause confrontation.

Oct 1, 2010 at 12:15 PM Post #3,822 of 3,971
Oct 1, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #3,823 of 3,971

Quote:

[size=medium]  [/size]

So, you are saying, before solid state, all recordings and analog playback devices have degraded sound quality.

And did you just call me and some other members "ignorant"??? And are you blaming 3 people for derailing a thread that has been talking about equalization for days now? Me, with one post?
Don't you ever call me or anyone on this forum ignorant again! Understand?

Oct 1, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #3,824 of 3,971
I don't own a T1. I was thinking about getting a T1. (And by the way I still am considering a T1.)
So I will quietly step away from this thread, for now.... bye-bye.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back