Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Jul 3, 2010 at 3:05 AM Post #3,556 of 3,971
I also have a 19XX and it looks like the 2nd pic...
rolleyes.gif

Jul 7, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #3,558 of 3,971

Quote:
I personally do not recommend the leather pad for the T1. Buying a pair of black leather pads from Beyerdynamic was the first thing I did for the T1. When I replaced the velour pads with the leather pads the bass went away and the sound was horrible with no definition, very bright, just plain awful .  I replaced the leather pad back with the velour one and everything went back to normal. A week later I tried the leather pads again and I got the same result as the first time. If somebody wants to experiment with the leather pads I have anew pair I can sell to you.

Alright I tried them.
Yes, the leather ones indeed made them sound garbage.
And there wasn't too much of a diff comfort wise either.
I removed them after listening to for like 10 min.

I am still curious to see if the T5p have a slightly different shaped leather ones, or is it just the material of the pads causing the sound difference.

Aug 3, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #3,562 of 3,971
Want to say a couple of things...

Yes it seems true that the T1 need tube amps. The Auditor drive it just as well but the Trafomatic Head one is obviously a much better match. Whereas the GHP have no problem keeping up with the Head one with my various low impedance headphones.  T1 is a good headphone to try out amplifiers with surely. Bass is back more balanced and full bodied presentation.. The T1 make a lot of sense  both musically and technically on this combination.

However I am getting more and more annoyed by it´s bass. Sometimes it´s like it hits some plastic inside. The Bass reflex system kicking in I suspect.  It´s kind of like it moves from the open type of bass to the closed which make it kind of distracting.

It does have a juicy mid range but it´s not as juicy as my ED 8s on the head one. It´s technical merits is not enough to replace the Pro 900 or SA5000 either which is much better priced as well. Where the Pro 900 like the Ed8 images better and the SA5000 very similar to the T1 though slightly narrower.

Aug 3, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #3,563 of 3,971
Skylab – as know, once at about two mounts ago I presented here that Beyerdynamic will release closed version of T1. And, show here, Beyerdynamic released in Being the T5p, the closed „portable“ version of T1, the p means the 32 ohms impedance. So the family of Tesla headphones will be larger and larger. I have good contact in headquarter in Germany, so I obtained info from direct source. I think, closed model is very interesting thing for you. So when you love T1, then the purchase of closed version is common thing. Yes?

Aug 3, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #3,564 of 3,971
Yes, this was a very good sign - but I am kind of hoping for a closed 600 ohm version. Do you hear anything about that? thanks.

Aug 4, 2010 at 10:33 AM Post #3,565 of 3,971
I have #1376 (looks like the first pic). These are my first real headphones (although no stranger to audiophile components)

Gotta say, no regrets in making the investment. They really do reveal music with all completeness.

The only problem you find with this headphone actually isnt with the headphone themselves, but you start to want more from the source (namely songs with limited soundstage start to become a little more noticable to me compared to before when both songs with excellent soundstage and comparatively limited soundstage both sounded like they had decent soundstage; simply put - i find that they reveal soundstage very accurately)

.... i guess audiophiles always want 'more'...

Aug 4, 2010 at 11:36 AM Post #3,567 of 3,971

Quote:
neptius, I would rather interested in a open 600ohm version, Do you hear anything about that? thanks.

Ummmm...what do you mean?  The T1 *IS* an open, 600 ohm headphone...

Aug 4, 2010 at 12:27 PM Post #3,570 of 3,971

Quote:
i guess you could nit-pick and say that part of the reason the dt880s and dt990s sound differently is the degree of open-ness. 
rolleyes.gif

LOL - I appreciate the roll-eyes - I guess one could do that, but I don't think that's really the reason for the differences.

Quote:
T1 should be semi-open from beyer's definition?

OK I understand what you meant now.  But I have always thought Beyer's "semi-open" designation was complete baloney.  I am wearing the T1 now - they are open cans.  And the DT880 being labeled "semi-open" versus the DT990 as "open" - there was zero difference in terms of isolation (in either direction) with these headphones in my opinion, and I have pretty extensive experience with many version of both cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back