Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Apr 30, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #2,836 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by peanuthead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just saw a post by Todd saying that the introductory price of $995 will be ending this month and starting May, all dealers will be selling T1 at $1295...

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f36/be...hanges-485948/

Glad that I acted fast!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Among all current production top models from known brands, T1 is likely worst built.
Yes, it is built slightly better than DT880.
And its has excellent sound.

I have had many pairs of headphones and wouldn't consider the build quality of T1 to be bad at all. Maybe it isn't stylish to someone (to me, they are), but it is built like a tank. Grado on the other hand...
ph34r.gif

Apr 30, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #2,837 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by hifidk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad that I acted fast!

I have had many pairs of headphones and wouldn't consider the build quality of T1 to be bad at all. Maybe it isn't stylish to someone (to me, they are), but it is built like a tank. Grado on the other hand...
ph34r.gif

Very well said! I too like their industrial look...and they are built like tanks!

Holding them side by side with my DT770/600s you can just feel how solid they are.
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 30, 2010 at 3:05 AM Post #2,838 of 3,971
Quote:

Glad that I acted fast!

ph34r.gif

+1. Matches exactly my thought whenever I place my T1 and ps1k side by side. Heavy-duty is the word I would use to describe it. Boy tomorrow is the last day of April so prospective buyers better get 'em quick.
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 30, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #2,840 of 3,971
I've planned to get a pair of T1 someday when money is easier to come by (hah!), but if the $995 price goes to $1295 before I can get a pair then I probably wont be getting them. The T1 would be mostly to satisfy my curiosity, but I don't think I have enough advance notice to raise funds before the price bump now. Oh Well.

Apr 30, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #2,842 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Double F /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very strange why they are raising the price. Sounds like no reason other than catering to those who equate price with quality.

No, it's probably more along the lines of a desire for profit.

Guaranteed a lot of what they sell passes through Head-Fi, either into the hands of members or by recommendation to passing guests. They sell low at first, many pass into the hands of members here, they write glowing reviews about how it's on par with the HD800 for $400 less (a giant among giant killers), then jack the price up so that for people who read those comparisons it remains a good deal and they make $300 more per item sold.

It's a shame too, because I wanted one. But I'm not paying that much for another couple years, and the price jack makes HD800 too close a competitor for comfort. They probably should have settled at $1200 or something.

Apr 30, 2010 at 6:24 AM Post #2,843 of 3,971
If they want me to buy a pair the price is going to have to come back down under a kilobuck. I can't afford one right now, and I honestly don't think they are worth it (to me) at 1300 dollars. That is twice what I paid for my amp and I usually have more invested in the amp than I do the speaker/headphone.

I'm sure the price will settle down again at some point in the future.

Apr 30, 2010 at 8:16 AM Post #2,844 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xcalibur255 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm sure the price will settle down again at some point in the future.

I hope so,too.

But the special price $995 seems USA only,
Hong Kong, Taiwan, Mainland,and Japanese local price is $1276~1359,not change much
frown.gif

Any info from European?

Apr 30, 2010 at 11:04 AM Post #2,846 of 3,971
Hey guys...remember the price was 890 EUR from the beginning - and the 995 $ were the Introduction pricing, so the price went back to the originally announced....lets see what street pricing will be...

Apr 30, 2010 at 11:08 AM Post #2,847 of 3,971
Quote:

Glad that I acted fast!

ph34r.gif

Exactly, forgive me but even the top high end PS1000 looked cheap to me, I will never pay its asked price ($2900 in France in the shop I tried it, aligned with EU prices) even at the US one of $1700. It's a shame to sell cans at this price that look so badly built (dropping the comfort section which is also very discutable compared to other brands' top end).
I have T1 and Premium line (DT 880) in front of my eyes and find T1 much better built too.

The price in the US is now following the EU one, you guys had a lot of chance of beeing able to buy some at $995, in EU the MSRP is $1180 since T1 launch. Still I can understand your disappointment as the initial difference in price is also a matter of taxes. Now the price raise up for whatever reason...

I hope they're not planning to raise up prices in EU also.

Apr 30, 2010 at 12:37 PM Post #2,848 of 3,971
What seems a little odd about the price increase is that right now, $995 USD is worth quite a few more Euros than it was when the T1 was introduced. This is the wrong time for Beyer to be doing this, IMO.

Apr 30, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #2,849 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by knopfy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys...remember the price was 890 EUR from the beginning - and the 995 $ were the Introduction pricing, so the price went back to the originally announced....lets see what street pricing will be...

If you read Todd' comments (TTVJ), it sounds like the street price will be $1295 as beyer appears to be pulling a Sennheiser with this and will enforce the price. Too bad for the free market.

Apr 30, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #2,850 of 3,971
I am guessing it is just supply and demand, T1 is doing better than beyer imagined and now they adjust price so that it is basically similar everywhere. US is lucky to have the special introduction price, probably the lowest price anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back