Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Aug 19, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #3,751 of 3,971

Quote:
I don't think it was a listening preference.  That was a 'good' source.... I've heard some 128kbps channels that were unlistenable and some 320kbps channels that weren't much better.  What ever was going on, the T-1s liked it.

USG

Exactly! Eric does have some very nice gear...it was the 128kps internet radio I was commenting on really and then just threw in some tuning experience I had recently with my main rig, but the two were not related in any way. I just wanted to show (I guess not well enough
confused.gif
) that the T1s need a great source/dac/amp/cables/etc...

And you gotta love the Elvis! Thank you...thank you very much...

Aug 19, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #3,752 of 3,971

Quote:
Not to mention, one that is so damn purty and sexy looking!

I had the HD600's since inception and was never really a fan. I know the 880's have their faults, but always prefer my '06 (pre-change) 880's a more enjoyable experience, wobbly bass and all. 
I have had the R-10's since the second batch came out and they are still my favorite dynamic, and I sold my HD800's due to hard times (they fetched more than my T-1's) but, boy am I glad I got in on the T-1's before the price increase.

The way I look at it, as a mature adult who used to spend a lot of money on audio recklessly before wifey's 16 month unemployment, 
if you really like a headphone, and are fortunate enough to afford a high priced headphone, then go for it. If you really have a limited
budget, then you have a very difficult task, and that is one of picking the "right" headphone for you, that will make you the happiest.
Every headphone has many pros and cons, and the thrill of the chase can only be enjoyed by those with expendable cash.
But, one of the greatest things about Head-Fi, is that with the free "For Sale" forums, you can buy and sell, without fear of taking a big loss, until you find a pair that really can make you happy for awhile.
My JH-13's occupy my ears 70% of the time because I travel so much, but you know what? The are probably the best headphones that I own. Take away the visceral aspect and the reproduction and personal experience is one that can't be touched.
I'm listening to Radiohead's "In Rainbows"as I write this, with my iMod and a hacked version of a Xin (god bless his sole) Reference,
and although they are slightly underpowered, I'm having a pretty good T-1 listening session. Also, "In Rainbows" is a less than stellar recording any way, so I take it with a grain of salt.
When I was an active professional reviewer, I wrote an article on the 701's and besides the lack of "wow" factor, and the insane headaches that I got from the ridiculous headband (because I had to max them out, due to my "ear to top of the head" ratio") the
one thing that the 701's had going for them, was layers of detail. But like the O2's, they are too polite for me. I need a speaker and
a headphone that will knock my socks off (like that great Maxell commercial from the '70's-80's, and the 701's just don't make my hair blow backwards.
For anyone that is interested, here is my old article:

Aaron:

Great read!
beerchug.gif

I agree with many of your points and love the reference to Rush (as you can tell by my avatar
wink.gif
). I really enjoyed the K701s with classical, jazz and acoustic music (and even some prog rock like Pink Floyd and Genesis). But with hard rock and metal (as you mentioned) the lack of bass really did take away from the excitement factor with those cans. They have since been replaced by the HD800s and I haven't looked back (except very recently for my new bedside rig...great price to performance ratio for the AKGs right now).

That's the beauty of the T1s is that they are great at classical, jazz, acoustic, AND rock, hard rock, prog rock and metal. For my money, they are the best all rounders I've heard. Though I have not heard the LCD-2s yet.

Aug 20, 2010 at 10:29 AM Post #3,756 of 3,971
Thanks majkel. Those .bmp files are huge, I compressed them (.png) and made them darker:

impedance

phase

Aug 20, 2010 at 10:38 AM Post #3,757 of 3,971
Cool. I'd do this but I have no convenient picture editing program at work so I did what I could using MS Paint. Original pictures are very dark so I inverted the colors and decreased color bit depth. Forgot to save them as .png which I did on another forum.

Aug 24, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #3,758 of 3,971
Any one wanna PM me possible balanced setups for the T1 under 1k$? i might continue to sell everything i own just to get a great setup for the T1 and never log back onto this site again.  lol

Prefer TUBES but open to anything.  will be a computer setup.

need:
DAC and AMP.

dont have to post it here as i dont want to clutter up the main post.  thanks for any help beforehand!

Aug 24, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #3,759 of 3,971
David, I find the Roc in balanced operation makes the T1 sing!! I really enjoyed my time with your pair.

Aug 26, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #3,760 of 3,971
[size=11pt]Today I listen a few tracks (greatest hits) of band Def Leppard with my inventory – T1, HD 800, D-7000. Def Leppard is well known rock band. I would like to share with listening experience. D-7000 I think are more aggressive as I like. T1 are optimal for me. For live tracks HD 800 with great soundstage and airstage are excellent. What do you think about trebles listen by T1 resp. HD 800? This is, I think, good topic for discussion. Have somebody practice experience? Is better tube amp or solids? Thanks for all your info.[/size]

Aug 27, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #3,762 of 3,971

Quote:
Do this mod and tell me if you still need the HD800? Trebles? Choose which you like better.
wink_face.gif

Majkel: Did you just get the T1s?

Welcome to the club. 
beerchug.gif
My favourite dynamic headphones of all time!

Aug 28, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #3,765 of 3,971
Debitsohn– It is great that you are back. Are you satisfied with T1? When you have concrete listening experience, please write us. We are interested if you like them or not. I own them one year and I am very satisfied. Same is true for MacedonianHero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back