Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Feb 4, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #1,756 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by snejk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listened to the T1 yesterday at a local hifishop, and.... my wallet took a hit.

For the first time I think I need to sell off some gear to keep my wife happy when she notices my new headphone in a couple of days.

Nice! Let her have a listen...maybe she'll understand!

Feb 4, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #1,757 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by snejk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ihcog, if the promised delivery time for me is correct it's really bad that you have to wait that long. Seems like they prefer retail deliveries to their direct orders. Or, it may be that the shop or its distributor have put in their orders a long time ago.

Where did you order it from ?

Feb 5, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #1,759 of 3,971
Just picked up T1 from Fedex. I was suprised that T1 is smaller then Pro900. First impression was not such an awe as HD800, but after couple hours I like them more with clasicall music. HD800 was to light and airy for me. To me Edition8 and Pro900, still sound better for rock.

Feb 5, 2010 at 5:47 AM Post #1,761 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Markj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One more observation about T1, had to crank up Phonitor up to 12-3 o'clock with older cds. New one, up to 11 o'clock. HD800 used to be about 10 o'clock.

It means T1 need higher voltage gain than HD800,but not always refer to harder to driver.

Feb 5, 2010 at 7:19 AM Post #1,763 of 3,971
I'm still interested in more detailed info about how classical music sounds on these. Large scale especially. And opera. Well it sounds like detail and sound staging is strong; how is tone and texture handled? Like on horns and triangles? And complex passages? Large dynamic swings? Are they life-like? Sorry to push the point about classical music except that I'm so curious. I know more impressions will filter out as the T1 finds their way into the wild. Sounds like early March for a lucky couple of you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2010 at 9:36 AM Post #1,764 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihcog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered and pre-paid a T1 from Beyerdynamic on-line shop on January 26th.I e-mailed them about my order status yesterday and the aswer was : "The delivery time for the T1 is end of February or early March." I live in Finland.

I ordered and prepaid a week later but it seems I will have to wait 1 full month more, I just got a mail from beyer telling me a delivery date of April 1st I hope there won't be any surprise
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2010 at 12:57 PM Post #1,765 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by wower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still interested in more detailed info about how classical music sounds on these. Large scale especially. And opera. Well it sounds like detail and sound staging is strong; how is tone and texture handled? Like on horns and triangles? And complex passages? Large dynamic swings? Are they life-like? Sorry to push the point about classical music except that I'm so curious. I know more impressions will filter out as the T1 finds their way into the wild. Sounds like early March for a lucky couple of you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Classical on T1 is very impressive. Particularly orchestral and choral music, because this headphone possess extraordinary talent to built perfectly clear, expressive, exact and dynamic image of very big and complex musical images.
Very important here is high volumes lack of distortions – just phenomenal.
Another important thing is very good timing. This is most speedy headphone I have ever heard. In consequence all musical images are extremely clear and dynamic.
The third and even most important thing is holographic scene. Really holographic, not so called holographic. This scene is not very big and rather narrow, but all in front of you, very deep and first of all exclusively tree dimensional, what is not visible since first minutes, but after a few days come to you with shockingly obviousness. This tree dimensional way of presentation is certainly fantastical with all kinds of music.
Less impressive T1 side is human voices reproduction. Very good, even splendid, but in direct comparison with AKG K1000, not so phenomenal.

Feb 5, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #1,766 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
600 ohm not easy to drive.

When the T1 burn in more than 800 hours, you will find T1 becomes very easy to drive; personal use Kendwood D9EC or SONY PCM-D50 can be driven directly T1, and both can get a great sound.

Feb 5, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #1,770 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Piotr Ryka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Classical on T1 is very impressive. Particularly orchestral and choral music, because this headphone possess extraordinary talent to built perfectly clear, expressive, exact and dynamic image of very big and complex musical images.
Very important here is high volumes lack of distortions – just phenomenal.
Another important thing is very good timing. This is most speedy headphone I have ever heard. In consequence all musical images are extremely clear and dynamic.
The third and even most important thing is holographic scene. Really holographic, not so called holographic. This scene is not very big and rather narrow, but all in front of you, very deep and first of all exclusively tree dimensional, what is not visible since first minutes, but after a few days come to you with shockingly obviousness. This tree dimensional way of presentation is certainly fantastical with all kinds of music.
Less impressive T1 side is human voices reproduction. Very good, even splendid, but in direct comparison with AKG K1000, not so phenomenal.

Had a close listen to T-1 today with excellent equipment and i agree 100%with you .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back