Beyerdynamic Tesla Appreciation Society!
Sep 28, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #198 of 210
  Just checked the price, wow that's a lot of money man! I'm leaning toward the Soloist SL, or maybe the WA7 so I can sell my current DAC as well. 

If you haven't gotten the WA7 yet you are missing a must have Dac/Amp.  Do yourself a huge favor and get one.  Sounds amazing with both my T5p and T1.

Sep 28, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #199 of 210
T5p at work with a WA7 is just smashing in the beauty of sound.  Absolute bliss.  T1 at home with an older HeadRoom Ultra Desktop Amp (allows me to switch easily between headphones and desktop speakers (pardigm milleniaone ct - also amazing)) is more comfortable with the velour and open, wider soundstage and deeper bass.  Both absolutely amazing headphones that I cannot imagine trading for anything else.  If either fails me I will surely purchase another.  Considering though to buy a tube amp for home as I love my WA7 much more then my headroom solid state.  The WA22 looks amazing, unfortunately I need something giving me the easy switch between desktop speakers and headphones since I use this with a macbook pro and sometimes need to switch quickly for Skype, etc.

I also like how the HeadRoom outputs both desktop speakers and 2 sets of headphones at the same time without any loss in punch.

Nov 6, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #200 of 210
Is it worth to make recabling for these? How about mini xlr connectors are they good solution? And what kind of cable can bring real move in sound quality?

Thank you

Nov 7, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #201 of 210
I think the T5p has very good cable as is and see no need to change it.  The right length for portable and reasonably light without being cheap.  The T1 on the other hand has great cable too but is a bit heavy.  I have been considering a custom cable for those but not sure if the cost is worth it because I doubt highly it would improve the sound.

Nov 8, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #202 of 210
  Is it worth to make recabling for these? How about mini xlr connectors are they good solution? And what kind of cable can bring real move in sound quality?

Thank you

I'm not a great believer in sonic benefits of aftermarket cables. Nevertheless I have recabled my T5p using mini XLR connectors and $15 Swamp Industries cable. While doing it I have also added some padding inside the cans. The result feels like an improvement, but it's hard to tell for sure without A/B testing. If you want a more marked improvement look for a good amp.

Nov 8, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #203 of 210
The chap from Moon Audio who makes excellent after market cables reckons that the stock cable on these is the best stock cable he has seen. Having gone through the after market cable thing with my LCD's even if these were plug in cables which made it easier to change them I would not. There were benefits to the after market cables I had but after months and months of use I realized my initial thoughts were based on it just sounding a tiny bit different to the stock LCD cable.

Months later when I went back to the stock cable the differences were so small and just different, not better or worse that I came to the conclusion I would not bother again which is one of the reasons I went for the T5P's as the temptation of the wonder cables was easier to resist as it was not just a simple case of plug and un plug!

To put this in context I am a believer in cables having different sonic traits, I hate though to say better or worse, just different and I do far more clearly hear the differences between my four interconnects, the cheapest being my preferred choice in terms of sound that I like.. Or rather how the cable gets out of the way more!

Based on my own experiences then I would rather spend the extra on music than the tiny differences once the dust has settled (headfi bandwagon euphoria :wink: ) that I have experienced with different headphone cables... After all, this hobby is meant to be about listening to music isn't it? :p :rolleyes:

Apr 30, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #204 of 210
Soon to be a Tesla member! Have a pair of T90's on way. Wish ups would hurry the bleep bleep bleep bleep up. Still haven't even gotten tracking updates the lazy bleeps.

Apr 30, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #205 of 210
Just a heads-up for anybody in or around the Nashville area interested in hearing a few Beyer cans: the Music City Meet 2014 is going to be held on May 10th (details in the thread here), at at the present it looks like we'll have the following Beyerdynamic headphones there: 

Beyerdynamic DT1350
Beyerdynamic DT880 - 250 ohm
Beyerdynamic DT990
Beyerdynamic T5p (DoubleHelix modded to balanced operation)

If you're interested in hearing any of these babies (or have something else you can share-- our T1 guy wasn't able to come!!) and want to swing by, we'd love to see you!! 
beerchug.gif

May 2, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #206 of 210
I will be coming from Alabama, if possible, but haven't signed up officially yet. I can bring T70p, T51p, Momentums, Schitt Valhalla (in cool black trim) Vali & Modi, and ALO International.

Hope to see you in Franklin.

Jun 29, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #207 of 210
I've really enjoyed two listening sessions with these amazing T1 cans. Perfect balance, an amazing deep soundstage. Probably the best cans I've heard. I want a pair....

Jun 29, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #208 of 210
I've really enjoyed two listening sessions with these amazing T1 cans. Perfect balance, an amazing deep soundstage. Probably the best cans I've heard. I want a pair....

Finally going to get to hear a pair at the Nashville meet in September... Really, really looking forward to it!!!!!

Jun 29, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #210 of 210
I'm going to ask that impressions and discussion go in the main thread for these headphones:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/508836/the-official-beyerdynamic-t1-owners-club-impressions-discussion-thread

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back