beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
Jun 26, 2010 at 10:06 AM Post #46 of 1,963
I think by "portable", it is intended as a closed T1 that you can use unamped with your iPawed.

Jun 26, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #47 of 1,963
I'm not interested for portable use - but I have a lot of times at home when I have to use closed headphones...

Jun 26, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #48 of 1,963
Maybe it's just me, and I do like circumaural headphones over "on ears" , but why, except for saving money, would they use the same enclosures as the T-1 and make them into portables?

I'm just really glad that that I got my T-1's when they first came out and cost under a grand. Not sure if I would have bought
them at $1295. The $999 was not an introductory price, and they never stated why they increased the price 30% 5 months later. 
I spoke to Peter, one of the representatives at a March NYC meet, and he said they were just as surprised as anyone as to why
there was a price increase. They just got a call from Germany and were informed of the upcoming increase.

Was it due to popularity or was the cost of the materials more than they expected when they introduced them a CES?

Jun 26, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #49 of 1,963

Quote:
Maybe it's just me, and I do like circumaural headphones over "on ears" , but why, except for saving money, would they use the same enclosures as the T-1 and make them into portables?
<snip>
I spoke to Peter, one of the representatives at a March NYC meet, and he said they were just as surprised as anyone as to why there was a price increase.

Was it due to popularity or was the cost of the materials more than they expected when they introduced them a CES?

I'm not sure it's the same enclosures.  The photos look like a solid back with a printed design made to look like the mesh of the T-1.  Does anybody find any closer photos?

The price increase:  maybe it was just a "Hey, look what Sennheiser is charging and getting away with", moment.

USG

Jun 26, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #50 of 1,963
One could argue very successfully, if you compare a regular DT and a T1, that cost saving is already in evidence. Sure, some details are different but for where you really have to put in serious investment to manufacture, there are no major changes.

Maybe they're just being pragmatically German and testing the limits of how far they can string us along...?
tongue.gif

Jun 27, 2010 at 9:41 AM Post #52 of 1,963
Mmmh portable use ? I'd rather say "transportable" : library, long subway rides, flights, etc.

Very interested to know how they'll sound. If they strike a nice balance between all the frequencies, and with a nice midrange, I might extend by quite a lot my budget to get them.

Jun 27, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #53 of 1,963
Portable /care
Closed back? Rumor or truth? Interessed! Coming from a set of ED8's I tend to forget to turn of my TV before a good ol listening session :p

which makes me rethink, turning the tv off is better ofc, so how does the soundstage compare?

Jun 28, 2010 at 2:47 PM Post #57 of 1,963
Hi.

I would like to ask you to permit us to publish you photos of beyerdynamic T5 in our news about these headphones. Of corse unedited (with head-fi watermark).
Thanks for you positive reply.

Michal Grác
redaction pc.sk

Jun 28, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #58 of 1,963

Quote:
The world does not need another thirteen hundred dollar pair of headphones.

Depends on how good they are
biggrin.gif

Jun 28, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #59 of 1,963
If it sells, and they are good, then money is not a motivator - Demming

Jun 29, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #60 of 1,963
awesome simple sleek design

thin compared to dx1000 and other dt beyer models  and you know i have stayed away from beyer because i thought they were two thick and heavy making it a pain to turn your head and relax etc,    

but these look much thinner

would love if first impressions  compared to dx1000 if possible.

magnifique design

and they look like they isolate effectively as well.

looking forward to this review, lucky you.

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back