Beyerdynamic T1 3rd Gen out now
Sep 7, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #1,561 of 1,824
The T1 Gen 3 still sounds rather nice from any of the headphone amps I have listed in my signature. It sounds even better with plenty of headroom.

Sep 8, 2022 at 4:14 AM Post #1,562 of 1,824
Dragon cobalt is good

Sep 8, 2022 at 5:29 AM Post #1,563 of 1,824
Still considering cobalt. But hard to find any second hand or discount price.

Sep 8, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #1,564 of 1,824
I baught it in promotion. Price was tbe same of a second hand

Sep 8, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #1,566 of 1,824
French destock / stock B

Sep 23, 2022 at 6:36 AM Post #1,567 of 1,824
how does this headphone sound on a tube amp such as the woo audio wa8?

Oct 15, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #1,568 of 1,824
How does the T1 gen3 compare to the Meze 109 and ZMF Atrium?

Oct 24, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #1,569 of 1,824
how does this headphone sound on a tube amp such as the woo audio wa8?
Im not familiar with the WA8. But as long as the amp has a low output impedance and has minimal tube noise it will sound good, in fact I like the T1.3 on tubes. The T1.3 is sensitive to noise so the amp needs to have minimal tube noise.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2022 at 7:11 AM Post #1,570 of 1,824
Haven't been on headfi a while, I have to say!
After trying many headphones... Long story short. Last pair of what I would consider mid - high end headphones, that I had was HD660S and then LCD2C At which point honestly, it wasn't as much as the sound, but more the comfort. Either way I found HD660S to lack bass and other frequencies were annoying me, somewhat uncomfortable for me to wear. LCD2C comfort was the biggest issue for me to be honest. Albeit the sound was not the way I like it exactly. The Bass, while I could lick it with the texture it had, it was not... Well... Dynamic driver. Which sounds a bit more natural to me. To be honest you could get the LCD2C to sing! If you put aside the comfort and the fact that you would need to have your ears bleed because of the volume. :joy:
In the end I dragged all my headphones out of the box of lost hopes and dream, I found my gem. It was exactly what I needed in that moment. The Philips Fidelio X2's. That was like 3 years ago. Hahaha I stuck with them. I defaulted to them because of comfort and I stuck with them because of the sound signature!
Skip a couple of years of not caring, because I couldn't find what I wanted. I stumbled upon a DMS video of the T1's... Don't know why youtube decided to shove it in my way, but it did. I watched it and... Well... He didn't like it! Which probably means I will love it, because He hates the X2 as well. Hahaha
Curiosity got to me and I ordered a pair. So here I am sitting with my first top of the line headphone The T1! Well, I had experience with like DT1990 as well, so I know what to expect, but damn the build quality of this thing is insane! It felt so tiny when I opened the box. No antennas or double headbands, just a simple headphone. I missed that to be honest.
In any case! I put them on and start listening to some music. I find myself surrounded by darkness and yet at the same time nothing is missing, just feels spread out. Very odd sound, but once you can wrap your head around it. I like where this is going! It has good amount of bass. Just to be clear I am not a bass head exactly, I just listen to rather low volume, which tend to lose details and bass for most headphones. Mids are, I don't understand the mids. Hahaha Like, I can see the FR graphs and I can't say that I hear anything missing in particular A bit dark, but with ample of details across the board. High frequencies sound juicy with saxes playing. Also this is the first headphone where I find drums to sound realistic. Like Cymbals actually sound like they supposed to! Well according to me who is clueless in the end, but just sounds realistic to me. Other headphones make it sound very abrupt and missing an extra something. Kind almost a stiff sound, but beyer nooo they let it sing and it sounds goood!
I lack some time and music with them, but I like the sound signature so far. A headphone that is detailed and yet not exhausting? Yes, please!

Oct 26, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #1,571 of 1,824
Haven't been on headfi a while, I have to say!
After trying many headphones... Long story short. Last pair of what I would consider mid - high end headphones, that I had was HD660S and then LCD2C At which point honestly, it wasn't as much as the sound, but more the comfort. Either way I found HD660S to lack bass and other frequencies were annoying me, somewhat uncomfortable for me to wear. LCD2C comfort was the biggest issue for me to be honest. Albeit the sound was not the way I like it exactly. The Bass, while I could lick it with the texture it had, it was not... Well... Dynamic driver. Which sounds a bit more natural to me. To be honest you could get the LCD2C to sing! If you put aside the comfort and the fact that you would need to have your ears bleed because of the volume. :joy:
In the end I dragged all my headphones out of the box of lost hopes and dream, I found my gem. It was exactly what I needed in that moment. The Philips Fidelio X2's. That was like 3 years ago. Hahaha I stuck with them. I defaulted to them because of comfort and I stuck with them because of the sound signature!
Skip a couple of years of not caring, because I couldn't find what I wanted. I stumbled upon a DMS video of the T1's... Don't know why youtube decided to shove it in my way, but it did. I watched it and... Well... He didn't like it! Which probably means I will love it, because He hates the X2 as well. Hahaha
Curiosity got to me and I ordered a pair. So here I am sitting with my first top of the line headphone The T1! Well, I had experience with like DT1990 as well, so I know what to expect, but damn the build quality of this thing is insane! It felt so tiny when I opened the box. No antennas or double headbands, just a simple headphone. I missed that to be honest.
In any case! I put them on and start listening to some music. I find myself surrounded by darkness and yet at the same time nothing is missing, just feels spread out. Very odd sound, but once you can wrap your head around it. I like where this is going! It has good amount of bass. Just to be clear I am not a bass head exactly, I just listen to rather low volume, which tend to lose details and bass for most headphones. Mids are, I don't understand the mids. Hahaha Like, I can see the FR graphs and I can't say that I hear anything missing in particular A bit dark, but with ample of details across the board. High frequencies sound juicy with saxes playing. Also this is the first headphone where I find drums to sound realistic. Like Cymbals actually sound like they supposed to! Well according to me who is clueless in the end, but just sounds realistic to me. Other headphones make it sound very abrupt and missing an extra something. Kind almost a stiff sound, but beyer nooo they let it sing and it sounds goood!
I lack some time and music with them, but I like the sound signature so far. A headphone that is detailed and yet not exhausting? Yes, please!
Honestly never found the mids lacking even compared to mid-forward headphones, in fact I find the mids really good. It creates a sensation of being in a bigger room. I've honestly owned these since release and never gotten sick of them, they're still my favorite headphone and honestly sound the most realistic and natural of any headphone I've owned. To me the T1.3 sounds correct in a way other headphones don't. Honestly never heard a planar that sounds quite right to my ears in how it portrays sound.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #1,573 of 1,824
This costs substantially more than the Amiron and 1990, what are the distinctions?
Greater resolution, more scalability, better dynamics, better imaging/soundstage, more solidity to the sound. And a quite different sound signature. Sound signature takes some time adjusting to coming from other headphones and is love/hate. It's a very warm sounding headphone with a strong bass shelf and is quite relaxed in the upper midrange. It's more akin to the Amiron Home than the DT 1990 but quite different than both.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #1,574 of 1,824
After being in this hobby for a while now, and trying several headphones, I've come to the conclusion that I definitely prefer a darker signature. I was a fan of the NightOwl, and my current favorite closed back is the Gjallarhorn. I also like my SR2 very much.
Looking for another open back, and this seems like it could be the best fit. Can anyone compare/contrast these with the Gjallarhorn? Preferably in the upper frequencies. I almost stuck with the Focal Clear MG, but even that was a bit too bright and elevated for my ears. The only other two I'm considering atm are both tuned with some extra sizzle sauce. Those being the 109 Pro and Ananda SM version. Throughout this thread, I can't determine just how dark the T1 3rd actually is. Doesn't help that everyone's idea based on our own ears of what dark is can vary so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back