Beyerdynamic T1 3rd Gen out now
Oct 1, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #1,201 of 1,824
My spare parts from T5p.2 arrived today.
They are perfect fit for T1.3. If anybody is interested in trying this cans without dampening foam i highly recommend this solution. Drivers are safely held in place. Nothing is rattling or loosy, cost not even 1euro and it is OEM.. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

In terms of sound; I did not own any previous generation of T1 so I cannot compare them.
Lately I was using this HP as Beyer intended: original pads and foams, it will be a different ride i guess.

The T1.2 has that rubber ring as well in it. So that part is for both the T1.2 and T5p.2. Good to know it’s so cheap.

Oct 5, 2021 at 6:43 AM Post #1,202 of 1,824
I pulled the trigger on these.

First impressions are, they're fantastic. They improve on the 2nd gen in every single way. Clarity, detail and imaging are greatly enhanced while keeping the smooth, deep Beyerdynamic sound. Bass is powerful and punchy without droning or bleeding into mids. Highs are slightly rolled off compared to the 2nd gen but not as much as some reviews would suggest. Tonality is somewhat dark but natural and emotionally engaging, they're certainly more of a foot-tapper.

Comfort was a surprise - I had a lot of trouble with the clamping force on the T1.2 but the new pads on the T1.3 make it a non-issue somehow. It's still there but it's not annoying anymore.

The only drawback is the low impedance makes them super loud and I have to keep the volume knob below 25%, resulting in less fine volume control.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #1,203 of 1,824
I pulled the trigger on these.

First impressions are, they're fantastic. They improve on the 2nd gen in every single way. Clarity and imaging are greatly improved while keeping the smooth, deep Beyerdynamic sound. Bass is powerful and punchy without droning or bleeding into mids. Highs are slightly rolled off compared to the 2nd gen but not as much as some reviews would suggest. Tonality is somewhat dark but natural and emotionally engaging, they're certainly more of a foot-tapper.

Comfort was a surprise - I had a lot of trouble with the clamping force on the T1.2 but the new pads on the T1.3 make it a non-issue somehow. It's still there but it's not annoying anymore.

The only drawback is the low impedance makes them super loud and I have to keep the volume knob below 25%, resulting in less fine volume control.
I found while they are a bit different than the T1.2, they were a solid upgrade to the T1.2 for me as well and couldn’t really find anything the T1.2 did better and caused me to end up letting go of the T1.2.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #1,204 of 1,824
That's what is listening to music for me.
Get lost on whatever sounds coming out of a, for me, musical headphone.
Don't like to constantly analyze the soundwaves, even not for a comparison.
If the sound hits me, I'm sold. :)
I agree, it's fun for me to analyze music with the Hek V2 or Hd800 for awhile but I find I always want to slide back In to my T1 or it's new side kick, Xelento! A matter of fact I think I could sell all my headphones and be happy forever with T1 and Xelento.

Oct 6, 2021 at 10:59 PM Post #1,205 of 1,824
I agree, it's fun for me to analyze music with the Hek V2 or Hd800 for awhile but I find I always want to slide back In to my T1 or it's new side kick, Xelento! A matter of fact I think I could sell all my headphones and be happy forever with T1 and Xelento.
Finally relented and ordered a T1 Gen. 3.

Oct 7, 2021 at 5:51 AM Post #1,206 of 1,824
That is my current goal, keep T1.3 and get myself Xelentos as a convenient go out HP. Are they really worth it? Can you use them running or cycling? How much they differ from T1.3 in sound? I'm a bit torn, can't spend additional 1k€ currently so I'm torn to buy something ~200€ and try to be happy with it or grit my teeth and wait for Xelentos to be in my reach. I have never listened Xelentos before, could anyone suggest me which option would be better?

Oct 7, 2021 at 6:26 AM Post #1,207 of 1,824
That is my current goal, keep T1.3 and get myself Xelentos as a convenient go out HP. Are they really worth it? Can you use them running or cycling? How much they differ from T1.3 in sound? I'm a bit torn, can't spend additional 1k€ currently so I'm torn to buy something ~200€ and try to be happy with it or grit my teeth and wait for Xelentos to be in my reach. I have never listened Xelentos before, could anyone suggest me which option would be better?

Xelento are great IEMs, I prefer their tuning to T1.3, basically Xelento are T1.3 without the « curtain » feel that you have with T1.3.

I listened to Xelento with the proprietary olive tips (the 3XL ones), they sound their best with them and I guess it is the sound that Beyer wanted to give them. The only thing is that the seal is light and they can flip outside your ears : not useable for running or cycling.

If you are not sure spendig 1000eur on Xelento, try new Dunu Facon C pro : old Falcon C was a very good DD iem and cost is nice.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #1,208 of 1,824
They are a shallow fit but I have no problems or ever worried they'll fall out with the complys ( the silicone won't fit me) The Xelento is excellent, I've had alot of iems in the 25(kz) - 300.00 this is the most expensive iem I've owned and I regret I waited so long. Amazing to take this level of SQ anywhere I want! I feel the T1.3 is darker but just as detailed with better imaging imo. I enjoy both. The Xelento reminds me of my Hekv2 tonality wise. I'm finding that I just listen to Xelento sometimes rather than firing up my main rig. They are really really good imo.

Oct 11, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #1,210 of 1,824
Initial impressions comparing the T1 Gen. 2 and T1 Gen. 3 align pretty well with what most have said:
There's a whole lot more bass in the T1.3 in level and extension downwards, as well as impact - a good thing.
Vocals are slightly recessed with less sibilance - another good thing..
Cymbal work is less prominent - probably a good thing.
These are some of the changes I really wished for in headphone listening in general, so I reckon this one will be a keeper. Not sure if I agree with the Harman Curve "correct sound" concept any more, as these phones appear to be way off adhering to it, but I'm a simple soul and like what I hear here - but what do I know. I also reckon that the Stax Sigma Pro was the greatest headphone of all time (and it too had a mid bass bump).

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #1,211 of 1,824
There's a whole world of low bass that is available to hear with this phone that simply isn't audible on the T1 Gen 2 and most phones without equalisation. I'm sold on it.
The calmer treble is also a good thing compared with the T1 Gen. 2.

Nov 7, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #1,214 of 1,824
There's a whole world of low bass that is available to hear with this phone that simply isn't audible on the T1 Gen 2 and most phones without equalisation. I'm sold on it.
The calmer treble is also a good thing compared with the T1 Gen. 2.
There definitely is, you may not even realize it’s missing if you’re used other headphones. It just adds another dimension to listening compared to most headphones. The bass is very detailed and nuanced which only enhances this. While the sound signature is different, the T1.3 still replaced my T1.2 for me.

Did anyone compare these to the Focal Clear? And if so what is the verdict?

Well the problem with comparing them is they are two headphones with very different sound signatures, this makes a lot of comparisons more difficult and more of a preference thing. In terms of sound quality I gather from what I read, is that they are comparable in terms of overall fidelity.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #1,215 of 1,824
Did anyone compare these to the Focal Clear? And if so what is the verdict?
I've only listened to the Clear for a bit, but I used to own the Utopia (and I still own the Spirit Classic). I prefer the Beyer T1.3. I never got on well with that sort of metallic tonality that I hear in the Focals. A little too analytic. To me the T1.3 is detailed, a little dry in tone, but-- warmer. Still dynamic too, but a little more easy-going. (That said, I still like the more modest Spirit Classic. Maybe because it's not as bright up top compared to other Focals).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back