Beyerdynamic T1 3rd Gen out now
Sep 1, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #227 of 1,833
Please also compare them to the DT1990. I'm dying to hear comparison.

So far, there is none...they are substantially better to my ears across the board.

Sep 1, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #229 of 1,833
I will be reviewing the T1.3 and Frank will be covering the T5.3. Both are excellent and if you need noise isolation, the T5.3 is the way to go for sure, if not, the openness of the T1.3 might be your preferred option? That or both? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
That makes it even more harder for me to choose :p I don't have any preference wether open-back or closed. It will come down to sound.

I like the bass though as they adds more immersion to movies and games. And music too of course.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #230 of 1,833
They are in stock at BD Germany it seems. Who of you ordered already?

Sep 1, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #233 of 1,833
I can now use them on systems that aren't part of my main rig. The 32 ohm impedance and corresponding efficiency has them sounding great out of my FiiO M11 Pro or pretty much any other portable unit I've thrown at them (including my iPhone). That said, things to kick up several notches when I plug them into my Chord Hugo 2 or DAVE.
I think Beyer is going for a more 'transportable' design concept with the T1.3.

By giving them a 32Ω impedance, that allows them to be driven by just about any DAP on the market, so I can see what they're going for with these.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #234 of 1,833
Thank you @MacedonianHero for keeping up in the loop with some play by play review bits. Much appreciated. Far as the T5.3, cant wait for some more reviews!

Sep 1, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #236 of 1,833
I think Beyer is going for a more 'transportable' design concept with the T1.3.

By giving it a 32Ω impedance, that allows them to be driven with just about any DAP on the market, so I can see what they are going for with these.

As a fellow TH-610 owner, the impression I get from T1.3 is very favourable. Neutral with gentle bass boost, hopefully no bass roll-off, easily driven.

Sep 1, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #240 of 1,833
Ordered a pair directly from Beyer, should have it in a couple days. Will be comparing it to the 2nd Gen. Hoping it's a true improvement on the Gen 2 because if so that would without question make this my endgame headphone.
Nice, I'm waiting for you to post. Very interested myself. If it truly is better then gen 2 and the DT1990 as Macedonian mentioned. I can look past 32ohm. Maybe end game for me too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back