Beyerdynamic DT990 - 32 ohm different than 250?
Jul 14, 2012 at 1:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Rocker UK

Head-Fier
I have owned a set of DT990 250 ohm for some time and love them through my Graham Slee Nova amp; listening mainly to rock music.

Given their impedance they don't work well with my iPod and I am wondering whether a pair with the 32 ohm impedance would be a good buy? It seems a bit strange contemplating 2 pairs of the same model but they are for very different purposes.

Any advice please? Good idea or waste of money?

Jul 14, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #3 of 5
Hi

Yeah I know they are the same headphone but the question I had was whether its worth having a separate pair of 32 ohms just for iPod as my iPod struggles to drive the 250 ohm set I already have.

Thanks for replying :)

Jul 14, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
Hi
Yeah I know they are the same headphone but the question I had was whether its worth having a separate pair of 32 ohms just for iPod as my iPod struggles to drive the 250 ohm set I already have.
Thanks for replying :)

Or just buy a Fiio E11 portable headphone amplifier and a Fiio L cable
It's way cheaper then buying 32-Ohm Beyers

Jul 19, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #5 of 5
+1 on using a portable amp. as stated it is a cheaper way to go compared to buying a new set of phones. Is it worth it? Well that depends on you and how you want to listen to music. You might not want to carry around an extra amp. If money is not an issue and you dont care about spending it, buying the 32ohm might be an option. 

Personally, i feel the the money could be better used for other things. 

-Chiuy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back