Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm - Any reviews up yet?
Nov 16, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Don't like it? I find it to be awesome :)

I prefer the bass, build, and fit of the HFI-780.

The DT770 AE has better sound stage but I'm willing to give that up for the things I mentioned above.

Would you like to buy another one? One pair, for each ear lol

Dec 6, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

The AE is 270gr

http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/media//datenblaetter/DT770PRO_32Ohm_LE_Einleger_E.pdf

Ahh... My spec were from North America site, seems they are wrong for both LE and Pro! 270g sounds more like it.

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/studio-and-stage/studio-headphones/dt-770-pro.html
http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/studio-and-stage/studio-headphones/dt-770-pro-le-32-ohm.html

Dec 6, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

The European branch says it weighs 686 too, but that's not the NET weight. Just check the spec sheet.
And I am listening to the AE now, it does not weigh 686 :wink:

Dec 14, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #22 of 29
no review yet.  How about an unboxing. :)

Dec 14, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #23 of 29
Quote from the Headfonia review:
The DT770 LE will only be produced in 2012 in Germany and only 4000 units will be made in total, making it Limited but nut THAT limited you will hardly ever see one.

These look very nice!
HiFiGuy, did you pay full price for them?

Dec 27, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #25 of 29
I bought the DT 770 32 ohm brand new in Korea for $150.  I'm new to headphones so I can only compare it to my ATH-M50.  

They're definitely a notch up from the M50.  They can definitely be driven without an amp, but they need to be cranked up more to achieve the same volume as the M50.  I prefer to use an amp with them anyway.  The overall sound is crisper, punchier, and vocals are clearer than the M50.  They bring out more of the subtle sounds.

They are less bassy than the M50, but the DT 770 bass is rounder and tighter.  There are definitely times when I prefer to use the M50 for music that focuses on lower end bass. It just depends what I'm in the mood for.  I listen to a lot of Radiohead and for example a song like Feral I think is more fun on the M50 because of the low end.  

Overall, the  M50's sound is a tad wider.  The DT 770 leak a little more sound than the M50 at the same volume. The M50 is more comfortable for shorter listening sessions, but the DT 770 is more comfortable for longer sessions.  I find myself using the DT 770 most of the time now.  It's just better. 

Dec 27, 2012 at 8:21 AM Post #26 of 29
Having them for several weeks now, I truly love them, they are like a gold find. They are my favorite Beyers along with the T1. Even though I don't regard HF high most of the time their review is spot on.

Dec 30, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #27 of 29
New to the forum! (Read about the bot problem, not being able to edit me profile 'tis annoying)

Anyway, ordered a pair last week from Thomann, with the velour ear pads also. Can't wait

Been using Sennheiser HD515's and Sony MDR-EX90's for yonks

Jan 12, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #28 of 29
I bought the DT 770 32 ohm brand new in Korea for $150.  I'm new to headphones so I can only compare it to my ATH-M50.  

They're definitely a notch up from the M50.  They can definitely be driven without an amp, but they need to be cranked up more to achieve the same volume as the M50.  I prefer to use an amp with them anyway.  The overall sound is crisper, punchier, and vocals are clearer than the M50.  They bring out more of the subtle sounds.

They are less bassy than the M50, but the DT 770 bass is rounder and tighter.  There are definitely times when I prefer to use the M50 for music that focuses on lower end bass. It just depends what I'm in the mood for.  I listen to a lot of Radiohead and for example a song like Feral I think is more fun on the M50 because of the low end.  

Overall, the  M50's sound is a tad wider.  The DT 770 leak a little more sound than the M50 at the same volume. The M50 is more comfortable for shorter listening sessions, but the DT 770 is more comfortable for longer sessions.  I find myself using the DT 770 most of the time now.  It's just better. 

Is that yours limited edition or regular one? If u bought the limited edition u must be prettly lucky coz in my county indonesia they sell something like usd400. Btw the way i really like the look of the LE. I might get one soon. I hope is better then dt1350. Any comparison in regards?

Jan 12, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #29 of 29
I had a pair and returned them already. They were decent, but nothing special. Actually sound kind of congested and the bass is loose. Vocals had minimal texture. Definitely not worth $250. They were solid for rock and hip hop. I don't have my M50 anymore, but I remember enjoying them much more than the 770 LE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back