Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm - Any reviews up yet?
Jul 7, 2012 at 5:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Daymun

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

As you'll probably tell by my first few posts I very new to the forums and a complete headphone noob :p.

I've been lurking around for some time, reading various reviews and comparisons, as I prepare to upgrade from a pair of (now broken) Sennheiser HD465's to a pair of DT770 Pro's.

After reading many of your excellent reviews and versus articles I'm very much set on the 80Ohm version, I've already sourced them, they're sitting in my basket, and I'm currently wading through the classifieds in the forums to find a nice cheap amp to drive them...

The only thing stopping me from pressing the 'buy' button is that I'd like to see a review (or a couple of reviews) of the new LE 32Ohm version. The 2012 edition. I've read reviews of the older Premium 32Ohm version, and if these new ones are pretty much like them, just re-badged, I'll not bother with them.

If they are like the 80Ohm's though it might be worth me picking them up instead and then I only have to look at desktop amps as they should drive easier on mobile devices without an amp (my missus also using them on the laptop occasionally). 
If not I'll stick with the 80's and buy something like a Fiio E17.

They seem to have been out for over a month, and I've seen at least one Head-Fi member with pics of a pair posted up on these forums, but after searching all day I can't find a single review of them (yes I've used the search button here :))

So could you guys who own them post me a couple of opinions on them please, mainly in comparison with the 80Ohm version if you've heard them, or the older Premiums.

Many thanks in advance and apologies if this seems like a rambling post.

Oh and Hello Head-Fi Forums :)

Jul 8, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #3 of 29
Cheapest I've found them is at dv247:

http://www.dv247.com/headphones/beyerdynamic-dt770-pro-anniversary-limited-edition--97727

I was intending to go down and demo them against the 80ohm versions yesterday but as usual our UK High St is completely useless and garbage for anything other than Tescos and clothing stores, and the closest place could find them is over 100 miles away.

Jul 8, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #4 of 29
Seems either nobody has these headphones yet or they have them but don't like them enough to review them, not even a google search can find a single review on them.

Maybe people have them and are just burning them in, i'd still be interesting in hearing initial impression on them.

Sorry for double posting my own thread. Shall I just edit the previous one?

Jul 8, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #5 of 29
After emailing Beyerdynamic and then the USA supplier I was told that they have been delayed until the end of July beginning on August.  I cant say for the UK but I am guessing thats why your not seeing much in the ways of reviews just yet.  Seems only a few places around the globe even has them yet.

Hope this helps.

Jul 9, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #7 of 29
I could still recommend 80ohm, recently purchased and they sound great. At the beginning, i thought they would sound horrible without an amp, but it's not that bad. Still i had a lot of fun listening. It's not matching an amplified listening, but still pretty damn good 
gs1000.gif

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #8 of 29
Hi,

I plan on getting a set in to review in the next month or so but who knows. 

Jul 10, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #10 of 29
Sod it I bought them :p

I bought some Velour pads too so I'll post some first thoughts when I get them with some pics and a comparison on the ear pads.

Fingers crossed they sound awesome, but then considering what I'm coming from they're definitely going to :)

Nov 16, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #14 of 29
I'm selling my 1 day old DT770 Anniversary Edition if anyone is interested.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/636536/beyerdynamic-dt770-anniversary-edition-1-day-old

Users who are viewing this thread

Back