Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO 80Ohm vs Audio Technica ATH-M50
Apr 30, 2011 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Genocide174

100+ Head-Fier
First I just wanna say, yes I do know that there are other threads comparing them and yes I have read through them ALL, but I don't see all my questions beeing asked.

1. How is the leakage comparisons? I've tried the m50's and the leakage is very very low, but I have not tried the DT770.

2. How does these compare in comfort? Can you wear these for a long time without feeling pressure on your ears?

3. I really like bass and I only listen to music which has alot of bass, so which one would suit me better?

4. Portability. OBVIOUSLY, the m50's are way better for portability, but my question is how the DT700's work for portable use?

5. Looks. I don't reaaaally care about how they look, but I don't wanna be stared at while I'm on the train/bus.

6. I have a sansa clip+ connected to a fiio e5 amp, will these be sufficient enough to drive both of these headphones?

7. Which one has better soundstage?

8. Which one is better for overall usage, ie movies, music and games.

9. I've read that the pleather (or leather?) on the m50's can get a bit sweaty, are the DT770's the same?

10. Cord. I know the m50's is sold with either coiled or straight. I prefer either a short straight cord, or a coiled one. Are the DT770's sold with coiled?

I know these are alot of questions and I don't expect for everyone to answer every question. But I will appreciate any help I can get from you guys. I do know that I will buy one of these two headphones, but which one I just don't know right now.

Also if you're wondering about the price I can get these for, they're exactly the same. The cheapest retail price here (Sweden) is 250$.

Thanks!

May 1, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #4 of 4
Well I just ordered the DT770 Pro but I've also owned the M50. There's a few I can answer without even having heard the DT-770's yet though, based on the countless reviews and threads I've read before I bought them. Comfort goes to the Beyers. Bass goes to the Beyers. In terms of portability, there are a few hard cases for the Beyers, I am about to pull the trigger on one. Let me know if you want links. Soundstage and movies for the Beyers.
(Go with the Beyers
wink.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back