Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread
Mar 18, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #16 of 464
Yeah it seems everyone is in agreement that the drivers don't all sound the same. Which I find wierd. If I were going to get some I would get them from amazon or something where the return policy is pretty good. This way if you do get some that sound bad you could return them and reorder.

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #17 of 464
    Check out this thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/476650/crack-bottlehead-otl  It only works with high imp cans tho. But man, I've listened to alot of setups and the crack is by far superior. Many rolling options and there is even a speedball upgrade but I don't want to lose the dynamics when tube rolling so mine's stock. Take this FWIW of course. My ears, my opinion :wink:

Back on topic, I think my 770s have an amazing driver. I've heard of a lot of variances within the 770 line. The first pair I got was the usual suspect ie: recessed mids, bloaty bass- just like the 80 ohm. But the second pair, oh boy :) The highs were a little harsh when I got them and the bass was def there but the mids were neutral and amazing. All this has improved with burn in, prob 200 or so hrs on em now. They have the most amazing soundstage I've heard on a closed can. I don't see these ever leaving my stable 
beyersmile.png

And I do agree the soundstage is awesome for a closed headphone

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #18 of 464
    Check out this thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/476650/crack-bottlehead-otl  It only works with high imp cans tho. But man, I've listened to alot of setups and the crack is by far superior. Many rolling options and there is even a speedball upgrade but I don't want to lose the dynamics when tube rolling so mine's stock. Take this FWIW of course. My ears, my opinion :wink:

Back on topic, I think my 770s have an amazing driver. I've heard of a lot of variances within the 770 line. The first pair I got was the usual suspect ie: recessed mids, bloaty bass- just like the 80 ohm. But the second pair, oh boy :) The highs were a little harsh when I got them and the bass was def there but the mids were neutral and amazing. All this has improved with burn in, prob 200 or so hrs on em now. They have the most amazing soundstage I've heard on a closed can. I don't see these ever leaving my stable 
beyersmile.png

Where did your good set come from, and when  did you get them?
In case I buy some I might get the right ones the 1st time.

Mar 24, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #20 of 464
I would like people to chime in on what amp and dac they are using with their DT 770 250ohm headphones.

I'm using mine with an Audio GD NFB-12. And also straight out of my laptop when I'm at work.

Mar 24, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #21 of 464
Listening to Deadmau5 Random album title. Sounds Awesome!

Mar 24, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #23 of 464
Nice! Yeah Pearl Jam does sound real good on these too.

Mar 24, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #24 of 464
80-ohm and 250-ohm crowds can't get along and 250-ohm fans have seceded from the main thread?
Come on, people.
Was the original thread always titled after the 80-ohm version?
What have you folks done?

Mar 24, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #26 of 464
80-ohm is bassier, the 250-ohm is more balanced.  Depending on the amplifier in question, they can both be run from the same amp.

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #30 of 464
FWIW i didnt like the 80 ohm. Too flabby in the bass and no mids. IMO of course

You could buy ten new DT770-80s, and few or none would sound the same. Some may have flabby bass, one may have rock-solid bass. Most would fall in between.
I noticed from having repaired a few dozen, whether I did it for others or sold them over fleabay to rake in extra cash. My own 250 is an in between, and I'm not OCD'd enough to buy more to score a "golden" sample.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back