Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro or sennheiser HD 598?
Aug 16, 2012 at 9:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kingduqc

New Head-Fier
Title says the topic, would be paired with Asus Xonar essence STX as source. Mainly for gaming (sound whoring) and general music (metal,rock) witch is better? I'm not sure about what kind of sound I like, probably with good base.

edit: Or anny suggestions in that price range

Aug 17, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
Title says the topic, would be paired with Asus Xonar essence STX as source. Mainly for gaming (sound whoring) and general music (metal,rock) witch is better? I'm not sure about what kind of sound I like, probably with good base.

edit: Or anny suggestions in that price range

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250-Ohm, full bass & full treble, vocals are not strong, but they are clear.
HD598s are not lacking bass, just have decent bass.

Aug 17, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #4 of 5
Heya,

Based on what you described you do not want the HD598, it will not give you the bass or impact you're looking for. The DT990 would be exactly what you're after. Alternatives if you want more options include the Denon D2000, AudioTechnica A900X, Beyer DT770, Ultrasone HFI 2400 & PRO750.

Very best,

Aug 17, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #5 of 5
The HD598 is a better sound-whoring can, but not as enjoyable as the DT990. Personally, I didn't like the bass output on the HD598, and felt they had a slight lean towards treble, and a big emphasis on mids. It could have used more bass, and less mids to make it more enjoyable, as the mids were very forward. Taking some emphasis off the mids and given to the bass would've balanced it out more.

The DT990 Pro could use less mid bass and treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back