Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium Maintenance
Nov 6, 2012 at 9:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

smeksime

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I've been having my Beyers for a while now and I've noticed that there are spots or smudges on the earpieces (specifically where it says DT 990 and whatnot).  I guess it's all over the metal or plastic? Not what the material is made out of.  I haven't touched them for probably 3 months now and I recently just noticed this when I went put them on.  Is there anyway to get rid of it?  I thought I could rub it off but I guess not. Anything safe I could try to clean it with? Worst case scenario, is it possible to replace them?  I know you can customize them so yeah...

Nov 6, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Hey guys,

I've been having my Beyers for a while now and I've noticed that there are spots or smudges on the earpieces (specifically where it says DT 990 and whatnot).  I guess it's all over the metal or plastic? Not what the material is made out of.  I haven't touched them for probably 3 months now and I recently just noticed this when I went put them on.  Is there anyway to get rid of it?  I thought I could rub it off but I guess not. Anything safe I could try to clean it with? Worst case scenario, is it possible to replace them?  I know you can customize them so yeah...

Enjoy the nice patina. I find that 100% new stuff looks a bit gaudy compared to what has been lovingly used.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wabi-sabi

"Wabi-sabi (?) represents a comprehensive Japanese world view or aesthetic centered on the acceptance of transience and imperfection. The aesthetic is sometimes described as one of beauty that is "imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete".[1] It is a concept derived from the Buddhist teaching of the three marks of existence (三法印 sanbōin?), specifically impermanence (無常 mujō?), the other two being suffering (苦 ku?) and emptiness or absence of self-nature (空 ?)."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back