Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro
Mar 19, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #76 of 97

Quote:
So Ultrasone it is !!

Ty a lot

Can you do a fast con list on Ultrasones

like what did you hate about them ?
their drawbacks,etc ?

Also I wont go wrong for my 1st phones with Ultrasone HFI 780  right ?

i have a review of the 580's i have the cons in there but if you don't want to read then:
  1. clamp(for some)
  2. comfort(for some, you feel them for a second and then you forget about them, you feel them again 2 hours later, your ears at first get sweaty, after 2 weeks they stop)
  3. forward agressive yet recessed mids due to Slogic may not appeal to some treble heads..but is a great technlogly in my opinion, this is a con for some(few), big pro for others
  4. some don't like the headband, me partly included, at first you feel it and it's hard but i feel that you forget it after a while and pushing donw on it helps
  5. depending on what type of hair you have it could gouge into your hair making this..dent in your hair that is embarrassing to leave the house with
  6. bass is tight and punchy, ideal with bass heads or even those that want bass...however not enough bass for super bass heads(me)
  7. Plastic is very high quality but can get visually scuffed easy
  8. cable is not removable(some odn't like this...if you take care if it well..you won't have a problem)
  9. cable is too long(solution? I braided it)
  10. not visualy appealing to the new generation
  11. is right on the verge of non portable to portable

That's basically it. as you will note..those aren't anything big and what not

Go wrong? It depends on what you are, if these are your first audiophile cans. be prepared, you might have some problems with the way they sound at first. as your ears may have been tainted by what non good sound sounds like. give it 1-2 weeks and you will be astonished at what these can do and how accurate they produce music(get good tracks, CD ripped lossless or at least 256kbps AAC)

These are actually already pretty newbie friendly, more analytical studio one's are not.(ex:Shure's) but yeah give it a week-2 weeks to let it burn in and grow on you(buy from amazon or somehwere so you can return easily in case you don't like it[highly doubt it after 2 weeks]) 

780's can do a lot of things but focus more on rock, 580 does everything also but focus more on bass. and as you will note, it seems the 580's are more popular(i and a few people recommend them soo much) that you will note HFI 580's on amazon cost $50 more thant he 780's (less popular as there are more new bass heads)

anyway, braid the cable if it is too long.

Jan 1, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #80 of 97
Shoot man!  No doubt those 595s are dope for gaming.  I used to play zombies and multiplayer with em till I got the dpx21's.  On MW3,, the 595s were spot on for soundwhoring.  They dont need an amp at all.    I am testing out the 770s at home right now.  I should plug em in and play em on the good ol black ops 2.

Jan 2, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #81 of 97
Technically none. Just listen to the music and enjoy. You could run them for 24-48 hrs to help them settle in though.

Quote:
Do any of you guys know what the burn in time is on the 770/80?

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #83 of 97
Would the 770 Pro 80 ohm be good for basic mixing purposes ? Genre hiphop and r&b mainly.
I have an old Yamaha R300 I could plug it in to, would that work ?

Hope someone can help me out.

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #84 of 97
Loving my new 770's

Have a few light mods planned, but matches my ears well. Currently paired to a Fiio E10 soon to be E17. Wanted to stretch to the o2+odcac, may do down the track.

I'm enjoying music that I've not listened to in 5 and 10 years

Feb 16, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #85 of 97
Rocking my DT770 and E17 combo.
Headphones now sport HM5 pads, braided cable (SPOFC) and felt / Butyl compound. Sound better (I was starting to notice a sound signature that was unplesant but I didn't wait around to put my finger on what the issue was specifically (was more noticable once paired with the E17). Happy now.

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #87 of 97
I just brought the DT860 and I will make a [size=11pt]comparison[/size] in a week or so. I have a few headphones which includes the HD555 and the HD598 and others.

Feb 23, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #88 of 97
Hi there

Apologies for bumping this thread and if my questions have already been answered but this seemed the most appropriate thread to ask my questions in. 

Bought a pair of 250 Ohm Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pros yesterday. I told the shop that I would be using them for personal use (gaming, listening to music etc) and told them I'd be powering them off the sound card on my computer which has a built-in amp so they advised the 250 version. However I am having trouble getting the sound card to work with my computer. If I continue to struggle I will look to go down the portable amp route instead. 

So at this point I have two questions:

1) Was the shop right in recommending me the 250 ohms with regards to what they will be used for?
2) If I do decide to get a portable amp, what one should I go for? Will something like the FiiO E06 be okay?

Also I was under the impression that closed headphones meant they blocked outside noise, rather than they stop noise leaking out. Don't get my wrong they did a decent job of blocking outside noise, was just expecting it to be completely blocked out.

Thanks

Feb 26, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #89 of 97
Quote:
Hi there

Apologies for bumping this thread and if my questions have already been answered but this seemed the most appropriate thread to ask my questions in. 

Bought a pair of 250 Ohm Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pros yesterday. I told the shop that I would be using them for personal use (gaming, listening to music etc) and told them I'd be powering them off the sound card on my computer which has a built-in amp so they advised the 250 version. However I am having trouble getting the sound card to work with my computer. If I continue to struggle I will look to go down the portable amp route instead. 

So at this point I have two questions:

1) Was the shop right in recommending me the 250 ohms with regards to what they will be used for?
2) If I do decide to get a portable amp, what one should I go for? Will something like the FiiO E06 be okay?

Also I was under the impression that closed headphones meant they blocked outside noise, rather than they stop noise leaking out. Don't get my wrong they did a decent job of blocking outside noise, was just expecting it to be completely blocked out.

Thanks

Yes if your Soundcard has an integrated Headphone-Amp you might as well get the 250 Ohm version, it is supposed to sound quite a bit better than the 80 Ohms from an amped source.
But I mthink the FiiO E6 is a bit too small for these, they have one that goes for around 60 dollars and supposedly has a lot more power in their program (i forgot which one)

If you are going to amp the output of your pc's onboard sound btw, i think getting a whole external dac with amp would be better, think FiiO has something like that in their program too. (Most onboard sound isn't very good, although there are exceptions)

Feb 26, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #90 of 97
Quote:

Yes if your Soundcard has an integrated Headphone-Amp you might as well get the 250 Ohm version, it is supposed to sound quite a bit better than the 80 Ohms from an amped source.
But I mthink the FiiO E6 is a bit too small for these, they have one that goes for around 60 dollars and supposedly has a lot more power in their program (i forgot which one)

If you are going to amp the output of your pc's onboard sound btw, i think getting a whole external dac with amp would be better, think FiiO has something like that in their program too. (Most onboard sound isn't very good, although there are exceptions)

Thanks for your reply. Still struggling with the sound card so am now looking at the FiiO E7. It is more expensive than the E06 but it has DAC which I've been told is worthwhile having. Can't wait to get an amp and give these a go. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back