Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Jun 1, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #361 of 679
I think for little leakage he would need overear cups like dt 770, obviously all ohm versions leak the same, 80 ohm ver. has more bass than 32 ohm ver. but without an amp 80 ohm won't be loud enough, Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro could be considered as well.
Quote:
I'm buying a present for my friend. He likes Kpop, Mainstream western pop and dubstep, and I was wondering how these performed for such music? Also he needs a can with little to no leakage because he listens to his music quite loud but wants to listen in a library and at night while his room mates are asleep. How is the leakage on these compared to say other cans like the Pro 80ohms, Sony MDR-1R and Vmoda M100?

I won't be waiting for the 32 ohm regular, can get the LE for 150 dollars like new from a person locally.

Jun 3, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #362 of 679
Quote:
I bet it will!
cool.gif

Must say that 32 ohm version straight from iPod sounds very good and I currently prefer it on the go to 250 ohm version with cmoy.

Jun 11, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #363 of 679
I also just noticed that by manipulating output volume of ipod feeding to cmoy you may make DT 770 250 ohm sound like the 32 ohm, when you decrease the ipod volume and compensate with cmoy volume the sound gets less harsh in highs but also less tight in bass, warmer, and soundstage increases, DT 770 32 ohm type of sound is somewhere on that way to achieve, so 250 ohm give more choice.
Quote:
Must say that 32 ohm version straight from iPod sounds very good and I currently prefer it on the go to 250 ohm version with cmoy.

Jun 18, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #366 of 679
Hello avatar brother ^_^

Haven't heard the DT250 but I did research them rather extensively, and I think the DT770 are probably substantially brighter.

Thanks for chiming in. Does anyone know what has better overall sound quality? Are Are the mids on the 770 Le thin and very recessed?

Jun 18, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #367 of 679
770 LE mids are recessed, but not too much; I tend to prefer mid-forward phones like the UM3X and HD598 and the LEs don't bother me. They are pretty dry and neutral in the mids, not lush at all, but I wouldn't say thin either.
Thanks for chiming in. Does anyone know what has better overall sound quality? Are Are the mids on the 770 Le thin and very recessed?

Jun 18, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #368 of 679
770 LE mids are recessed, but not too much; I tend to prefer mid-forward phones like the UM3X and HD598 and the LEs don't bother me. They are pretty dry and neutral in the mids, not lush at all, but I wouldn't say thin either.

Would Would they do well with jazz and rock?

Jun 18, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #369 of 679
All subjective as far as I see; I like them for Tool/APC/Puscifer, and System of a Down. Medeski Martin and Wood sounds big and powerful, its the only jazz I really listen to; I prefer my HD598 for them, but the DT770 does a killer job with the bass.

Jun 19, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #370 of 679
Quote:

I think if you have adequate power, the sound of the DT770 LE will be fuller. It's actually pretty good for Jazz since the soundstage is quite good for a closed can.

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #371 of 679
Yeah they do sound MUCH better out of my HRT Microstreamer than straight from my Nexus 4. Don't get me wrong, they are fine from the N4, and now that I have Franco kernel they are plenty loud, but the separation and air (most noticeable), bass extension, and refinement of the mids are not in the same league; portable players are for IEMs if you ask me, and these guys are on a different level when it comes to presentation.

Jul 19, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #374 of 679
Mmmm. Just got mine:) yes, I find the sound VERY endearing:wink: I use this for mobile purposes, because every IEM in the same price sounds thin to my ears, and bloody uncomfortable....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back