Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
May 22, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #346 of 679
A cMoy might not be able to output much current, and some of these amps may not even be better for a 32 Ω headphone than the iPod alone. The first option is slightly better (and the 250 Ω DT770 is also often cheaper), but the second is more practical.

May 22, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #347 of 679
No way, the 32 ohm definitely needs an amp to shine. With my microstreamer the bass goes noticeably deeper and is much tighter than out of my portable sources.
A cMoy might not be able to output much current, and some of these amps may not even be better for a 32 Ω headphone than the iPod alone. The first option is slightly better (and the 250 Ω DT770 is also often cheaper), but the second is more practical.

May 22, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #348 of 679
No way, the 32 ohm definitely needs an amp to shine. With my microstreamer the bass goes noticeably deeper and is much tighter than out of my portable sources.

May 22, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #349 of 679

May 22, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #350 of 679
OK
So I have just put together ipod 5th gen. rockboxed with crossfeed on and feeding through LOD into CMOY 18V JBS with AD8066 to DT 770 Pro 250 ohm and kicks ass, forgive my tongue :)
Andy

May 22, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #352 of 679
I bet it will!
cool.gif

Quote:
OK
So I have just put together ipod 5th gen. rockboxed with crossfeed on and feeding through LOD into CMOY 18V JBS with AD8066 to DT 770 Pro 250 ohm and kicks ass, forgive my tongue :)
Andy

May 26, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #353 of 679
Has anyone seen these new 32Ohm DT770 for sale yet?

I have been trying to choose between the DT770 LE, Pro 80Ohm and COP.

I settled on the LE, but have been struggling to find them for a decent price, so these new 32Ohm DT770 Pro sound ideal.
Just hoping they will be widely available and hopefully without a big wait.

May 31, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #356 of 679
So I have 32 ohm limited edition now to compare. Straight from iPod they sound just slightly more woolly than 250 ohm ver. through 18V CMOY, when tried from the 18v CMOY they make crackling sounds on higher volumes so I discontinued using through the CMOY. I'm not sure they would be loud enough from a regular mp3 player, as I suppose iPod is a bit more powerful than other players. I think many people could prefer 32 ohm due to that woolliness as 250 ohm ver are too harsh sounding to many.  

May 31, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #357 of 679
Just spoke with two CS reps: the first from Beyerdynamic, who directed me to American Music and Sound, saying that the DT770 "is not our product," which is some strange bull to my ears considering the headphones say "Beyerdynamic" on them. So I called American Music and Sound and spoke with one of their CS reps, who informed me that the new 32 ohm is IDENTICAL to the LE.

Load of horse crap if you ask me. I'm so pissed. I overpaid by $120 because I thought I was getting a premium product; now it's their cheapest studio grade headphone.

Never buying Beyers again.

May 31, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #358 of 679
You pay extra for your limited Nazi 88 (HH) edition. Why do you think that German company established in the 1920s and 1930s does not celebrate its 85th or 90th anniversary? :)

Quote:
Just spoke with two CS reps: the first from Beyerdynamic, who directed me to American Music and Sound, saying that the DT770 "is not our product," which is some strange bull to my ears considering the headphones say "Beyerdynamic" on them. So I called American Music and Sound and spoke with one of their CS reps, who informed me that the new 32 ohm is IDENTICAL to the LE.

Load of horse crap if you ask me. I'm so pissed. I overpaid by $120 because I thought I was getting a premium product; now it's their cheapest studio grade headphone.

Never buying Beyers again.

May 31, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #359 of 679
Following your logic no german company that existed during the dark years can celebrate their 88th birthday because some morons abuse the eighth letter of the alphabet as an abbreviation that could mean Heil Hitler in some romantic neo nazi way? And as far as I know they resumed producing headphones in 1948, during the war they seized production.

This meaning of 88 is only found by people who want to find meaning in it. Ask any Chinese and he will tell you that this is a heck of a lucky number.

And I am sure next year we will see 90th anniversary headphones.

And Beyerdynamic did indeed celebrate their 85th birthday with the launch of 3 new technologies, one of which was the T1 with Tesla technology.

I dislike it when people find politics everywhere, especially where there is none.

So long,

PS: you wouldn't want to be called a Nazi just because you have SS in your username? :)

Jun 1, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #360 of 679
I'm buying a present for my friend. He likes Kpop, Mainstream western pop and dubstep, and I was wondering how these performed for such music? Also he needs a can with little to no leakage because he listens to his music quite loud but wants to listen in a library and at night while his room mates are asleep. How is the leakage on these compared to say other cans like the Pro 80ohms, Sony MDR-1R and Vmoda M100?

I won't be waiting for the 32 ohm regular, can get the LE for 150 dollars like new from a person locally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back