Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
May 8, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #331 of 679
Quote:
At the risk of sounding like a troll, I have to say this:

Beyerdynamic is in it for the money. As an owner of the 770LE I was baffled why they didn't make this a regualy stocked product. They sound much better than any other closed can anywhere near this price range, so only making 4000 sets seemed... a bit silly. Looks like BD has figured this out and are now launching a regular version. Reviews will show if they sound as good as the LE. For the sake of consumers and BD shareholders, I hope they do.

Beyer told me this months ago already. They're the same, shouldn't be any difference in sound.
I'm happy to own the AE, "Only" paid 143€ too.

May 8, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #332 of 679
Quote:
At the risk of sounding like a troll, I have to say this:

Beyerdynamic is in it for the money. As an owner of the 770LE I was baffled why they didn't make this a regualy stocked product. They sound much better than any other closed can anywhere near this price range, so only making 4000 sets seemed... a bit silly. Looks like BD has figured this out and are now launching a regular version. Reviews will show if they sound as good as the LE. For the sake of consumers and BD shareholders, I hope they do.

Well, I just acquired the LE for a few months and I trusted it to be a limited model. This is a bit disappointing that they are selling something which is supposed to be similar but probably at a cheaper price.
The regular 32ohm version will also have the artificial leather pads instead of the velour ones just as the LE, I don't see any differences between the new can and the LE ones that we have. Like HaVoC-28 said, Beyer is going down the AKG path of releasing Pro/Limited models. Maybe I should really stick with Sennheiser.......

May 8, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #333 of 679
I still don't quite understand the problem... If someone bought the LE its not loosing anything of its qualities by the introduction of a quite similar regular product (that does not carry the 88-plates). Of course Beyer will continue to produce a well-received version... and they chose the better path IMO, not extending an 'limited' edition run by making it even less limited, but by introducing a regular product as a followup. No big deal.

Yes, maybe the regular product will be a bit cheaper. One can always wait for a cheaper version of something... and never have anything (the last part actually being a nice way of living, but one has to let go of the first part :wink:

May 8, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #334 of 679
Quote:
I still don't quite understand the problem... If someone bought the LE its not loosing anything of its qualities by the introduction of a quite similar regular product (that does not carry the 88-plates). Of course Beyer will continue to produce a well-received version... and they chose the better path IMO, not extending an 'limited' edition run by making it even less limited, but by introducing a regular product as a followup. No big deal.

Yes, maybe the regular product will be a bit cheaper. One can always wait for a cheaper version of something... and never have anything (the last part actually being a nice way of living, but one has to let go of the first part :wink:

Well, I don't think it is a problem at all for the product itself. But they got a bit cheeky by claiming the Anniversary model (with the crappy 88 plates and a cheapo cardboard box) as a 'limited' production. At least change the colour a bit! Come on!

One can wait for a cheaper version of something, seems like some people will get lucky this time.  

May 12, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #335 of 679
Hi guys.

I am just about to buy my first set of headphones, and it's come down to the DT770s Le for $150 or the logitech UE6000 for $140. I will be only running straight out of my ipod and phone as well as my computer. Will the Beyers give me the same amount of bass impact and awesomeness unamped as the UE6000 would?
I understand amping the Beyers is must, and I will eventually get one. But for now, I just want to know which one has the better bass?
I like to listen to pop, rock, r&b etc

Cheers

May 12, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #337 of 679
Quote:
This is going to be highly controversial but:

I thought my Q701 had more bass than my DT 770 LE did, and of higher quality as well.

Hmm, yea I've heard they are quite neutral.
Although I am wondering, how does the UE6000 compare to the beyers when the NC circuit isn't active? Are they similar, but just with the beyers having a bigger soundstage?
I have heard many mixed reviews on both of them, some saying the UE6000 is awful, others saying its just as good as the beyers. But if the beyers don't have much bass to begin then that is strange. I thought they were renowned for their bass?
Does somone who owns both, mind giving a bit of a comparison?
Cheers

May 12, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #339 of 679
Quote:
Hmm, yea I've heard they are quite neutral.
Although I am wondering, how does the UE6000 compare to the beyers when the NC circuit isn't active? Are they similar, but just with the beyers having a bigger soundstage?
I have heard many mixed reviews on both of them, some saying the UE6000 is awful, others saying its just as good as the beyers. But if the beyers don't have much bass to begin then that is strange. I thought they were renowned for their bass?
Does somone who owns both, mind giving a bit of a comparison?
Cheers

I haven't heard the UE6000, but I think the ATH-A900X is significantly better than the DT 770 LE for quite a bit cheaper. There was not a single area where I felt the DT 770 LE performed better. The A900X had significantly greater bass quantity, with better quality and impact. The rest of its frequency response was more even as well. To the 770 LE's credit, it was more comfortable and much lighter.

That seems to be the replacement standard model (non-limited). Looks like Beyerdynamic is even lazier than AKG -- the new 770 32-ohm is exactly the same as the LE but with traditional plating on the cups, but at least priced much more reasonably. I still think it's $50 too expensive.

May 12, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #340 of 679
Aww man what the #$%&

Can anyone actually confirm that these are the same drivers, sound, etc. as the LEs? If so I'm gonna be pretty pissed; tricking me into overpaying by $100 would be enough to put me off Beyer products for life.
Quote:

May 12, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #341 of 679
Not sure, because to be honest, I tried buying them, but my payment doesn't go through.  I actually tried several times so now my bank has held that money --for every time I tried -___- 
I don't know why they don't accept my payment though.  I called my bank and they said my card should be working.  Maybe it's an error?  Cuz that's a pretty nice deal.

Quote:
Aww man what the #$%&

Can anyone actually confirm that these are the same drivers, sound, etc. as the LEs? If so I'm gonna be pretty pissed; tricking me into overpaying by $100 would be enough to put me off Beyer products for life.

May 13, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #342 of 679
Quote:
I haven't heard the UE6000, but I think the ATH-A900X is significantly better than the DT 770 LE for quite a bit cheaper. There was not a single area where I felt the DT 770 LE performed better. The A900X had significantly greater bass quantity, with better quality and impact. The rest of its frequency response was more even as well. To the 770 LE's credit, it was more comfortable and much lighter.

Hmm, well thats a bit concerning then. If that is the case then I have a feeling that the UE6000's may have the edge on the quantity, although that is not fair of me to say as I have not heard either.
Well, I can get the either for $140 or $150 so really it comes down to which one is better! Or really which one I want (thats the hard part)
If only there was someone with both! 
Haha

May 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #343 of 679
Not sure, because to be honest, I tried buying them, but my payment doesn't go through.  I actually tried several times so now my bank has held that money --for every time I tried -___- 
I don't know why they don't accept my payment though.  I called my bank and they said my card should be working.  Maybe it's an error?  Cuz that's a pretty nice deal.

Page no longer appears on the site now. The press release had stated the 770s 32ohm to be available in Mid-May, so it would seem to me that they were testing the link ahead of a release. Lets hope the price is 157, I'd buy two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back