Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Feb 4, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #226 of 679
Newbie here.  Don't have the audiophile lingo down so apologies in advance.  I've had numerous earbuds and headphones over the years but my only two recent points of reference are my HD598s and the new DT 700 Pro LEs so take everything with a grain of salt.  I ran both headphones through my lapdop and an Fiio E17, listening to 320 Kb/s MP3s or Spotify Premium which streams at 320 Kb/s.

I just got the DT770 Pro LEs and I think they're a great complement to my HD598s.  I love the smoothness of the HD598 but was bothered by the lack of bass impact (you can hear the bass but you don't get a tangible feel on the HD598), especially on hip hop and EDM tracks.  The LEs sacrifice a bit of the mids for punchier bass and sparkly treble (but I don't think it's sibilant).  Best example I can think of is Dave Brubeck's Take Five.  The drum solo is alive on the LEs but just heard but not felt on the HD598.

The soundstage on the LEs is surprising large for closed cans but not as big as the HD598s.  An exaggeration but kind of like the difference between a small concert hall and a jazz club.  The LEs are more intimate and sometimes that's a good thing.

I definitely prefer the HD598s for laid back acoustic recordings and female vocals are absolutely yummy on them.  The LEs are more energetic do great with music that's intended to have energy in them.  

Feb 4, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #227 of 679
I just tried some dancehall on the DT-770 LE... Holy smoking subbass! 
dt880smile.png

These things are brilliant, the foot-tapping-factor is pretty damn high!

Feb 11, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #230 of 679
Quote:
Any input on how the LEs respond to amping? Considering an E11 purchase...worth it?

They LOVE amping, the bass gets a lot tighter and everything clears up a lot. The E11 would be a great starting point, then you can always upgrade down the road, but beware of the law of dimishing returns...

Feb 11, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #231 of 679
Awesome. That's what I wanted to hear 
size]
 Yeah I'm getting E11 for the interim and saving up for a DACport.
Quote:
They LOVE amping, the bass gets a lot tighter and everything clears up a lot. The E11 would be a great starting point, then you can always upgrade down the road, but beware of the law of dimishing returns...

Feb 11, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #232 of 679
You guys convinced me, I am a long time Beyer fan and I was looking for a more fun/portable headphone for commute and work. So i ordered this one, I found a pretty good price (<200$ in Canada). I can't wait to try them...

Thanks for the feedback!

Feb 11, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #233 of 679
Any one have the old DT 770 32 Ohm Premiums to compare against the DT 770 Pro LEs?  

The theory is that Beyerdynamic repurposed the 32 Ohm premium drivers and put them in a pro shell and I'm curious if that's the case.

Feb 12, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #234 of 679
Quote:
Any one have the old DT 770 32 Ohm Premiums to compare against the DT 770 Pro LEs?  

The theory is that Beyerdynamic repurposed the 32 Ohm premium drivers and put them in a pro shell and I'm curious if that's the case.

Beyer states that the drivers in  the Pro LE are brand new but I haven't been looking at part numbers, I'll admit.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to rocking out with Muse on my DT770 Pro LE 
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2013 at 4:52 AM Post #236 of 679
Quote:

Muse on the AE with DX100 on high gain = perfection :)

Fixed it for ya!

Skunk Anansie is damn good on the DT770AE as well! For the life of me, I can't understand why these can's don't get more attention. I'm seriously considering buying a second set just to keep in storage for when I wear out my current set! 
dt880smile.png

Feb 13, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #237 of 679
Seriously guys - If you own the DT-770 AE, you MUST buy this album!

Skunk Anansie - Smashes and Trashes. It is phenomenal on the 770AE!
Here, have a sample track:

Pro tip: Buy the limited edition with the two dvd's and you'll get this:

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #238 of 679
It's just a DT-770 , their is better cans out there 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back