Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Jan 28, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #211 of 679
Hello everyone.

I was actually looking for some new headphones. Some that are better out of an iPod than my current Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 ohms..
I first came across the "Custom One Pro's", but then by accident stumbled onto these.

I love my 80's and wouldn't sell them.. but I would consider getting the 32ohm version on the side for travel. Would it be a good addition? I also like the slightly shorter cord..

Jan 28, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #212 of 679
Quote:
Hello everyone.

I was actually looking for some new headphones. Some that are better out of an iPod than my current Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 ohms..
I first came across the "Custom One Pro's", but then by accident stumbled onto these.

I love my 80's and wouldn't sell them.. but I would consider getting the 32ohm version on the side for travel. Would it be a good addition? I also like the slightly shorter cord..

32 ohms might get a big louder out of the ipod, but neither will sound their best out of it.  If you intend to exclusively use them with Ipod without a portable DAC/amp, then maybe you should go for something cheaper that will work close to its full potential out of such source.

Jan 28, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #213 of 679
Quote:

32 ohms might get a big louder out of the ipod, but neither will sound their best out of it.  If you intend to exclusively use them with Ipod without a portable DAC/amp, then maybe you should go for something cheaper that will work close to its full potential out of such source.

Hmmm alright, thanks for the quick response. The thing is I've been searching for some closed over ears headphones for use with my iPod (touch 4g) for a while now... and struggled to find something that suited all my needs. And since I love (LOVE) my dt770's these just sounded like music to my ears.. Any recommendations you can make?

I also have IEMS (Shure SE215), but I prefer full sized headphones.

Oh, and what about the "Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro"? Some story I guess?

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #214 of 679
Quote:
Hmmm alright, thanks for the quick response. The thing is I've been searching for some closed over ears headphones for use with my iPod (touch 4g) for a while now... and struggled to find something that suited all my needs. And since I love (LOVE) my dt770's these just sounded like music to my ears.. Any recommendations you can make?

I also have IEMS (Shure SE215), but I prefer full sized headphones.

Oh, and what about the "Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro"? Some story I guess?

I disagree with  derbigpr , you can use your DT-770 Pro LE from a DAP . Peraphs not as good as on dedicated setup at home , but more than good at least for me . Instead getting "100%" of you DT-770 PRO LE you would get 85/90% from a decent DAP . (just giving number to give an idea) .

And i think that your Cowon is more than decent .

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #215 of 679
Quote:

I disagree with  derbigpr , you can use your DT-770 Pro LE from a DAP . Peraphs not as good as on dedicated setup at home , but more than good at least for me . Instead getting "100%" of you DT-770 PRO LE you would get 85/90% from a decent DAP . (just giving number to give an idea) .

Actually my Cowon was more than decent, even with my dt770 80ohm I was quite satisfied with what my s9 produced. Unfortunately I have an iPod (Touch 4g) now, perhaps I should just sell that again :p

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #216 of 679
Quote:
Actually my Cowon was more than decent, even with my dt770 80ohm I was quite satisfied with what my s9 produced. Unfortunately I have an iPod (Touch 4g) now, perhaps I should just sell that again :p

Had an Ipod Classic (6g) and it was good don't how is the touch .  But peraphs it's not a bad idea to try it wih the touch .

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #217 of 679
Quote:

Had an Ipod Classic (6g) and it was good don't how is the touch .  But peraphs it's not a bad idea to try it wih the touch .

Hmmm the DT770 80ohm doesnt run well on my iPod Touch, was much better through my S9.

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #218 of 679
Quote:
Hmmm the DT770 80ohm doesnt run well on my iPod Touch, was much better through my S9.

Hum DT-770 32 ohms will not sound that much better : / unless you stick your touch with FIIO E11 or somthing .

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #219 of 679
Quote:

Hum DT-770 32 ohms will not sound that much better : / unless you stick your touch with FIIO E11 or somthing .

Hmm yeah, so I'll need to find something else. Would be happy to receive some other suggestions :wink:

Jan 28, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #220 of 679
Quote:

I don't think you can get it anywhere near full potential out of a phone or mp3 player. I use my modified Samsung Galaxy S which is by far the best smartphone I've heard in terms of powering headphones and blows away most audio players including Ipod , and DT770pro 80 sounds good out of it, loud enough, but nowhere near as good as out of even just a sound card like Asus Xonar STX or a intergrated amplifier headphone output. There's just no comparison. But its ok for portable use, I just meant to say that using an Ipod as main source is not going to do justice to great "higher end" headphones like DT770's.

Feb 1, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #221 of 679
I just got my DT770 LE today. Its just so comfortable and light when its on my head. 
size]

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #222 of 679
Just traded my HD650's for the DT-770 LE (and a bit of cash). I was looking for something a bit more fun and engaging (and closed-back) so these could be just the thing! Looking forward to receiving them...

Feb 1, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #223 of 679
Quote:
Just traded my HD650's for the DT-770 LE (and a bit of cash). I was looking for something a bit more fun and engaging (and closed-back) so these could be just the thing! Looking forward to receiving them...

Long time no see! I'm pretty sure you'll like them. I'm holding both atm. AE might be more fun but the HD650 still is the better unit with the right amp. AE do is more "fun" due to its bass. All imo of course.

Feb 1, 2013 at 6:46 AM Post #224 of 679
Quote:

Long time no see! I'm pretty sure you'll like them. I'm holding both atm. AE might be more fun but the HD650 still is the better unit with the right amp. AE do is more "fun" due to its bass. All imo of course.

I have no doubt that the HD650 is the better headphone but they spent most of their time just hanging at my desk at home so I wanted to trade them for something that would see more actual use - and to try something new. They were my second set of 650's and I'll probably get a third some day...

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #225 of 679

Just got mine today! These are seriously good - Nicely detailed, nice highs, mids are fine... bass is nice, sub bass is INTENSE! 
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back