Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Apr 3, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #18 of 679
I'd get one if they change the outer cup design to look like the Premium Beyer version. The Pro cups are hideous. Ironically, Pro DT880s use the same style of cups as the Premiums...

Apr 13, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #20 of 679
The sticker on the box definitely seems authentic to me. So I have no reasons not to believe that this really is a (special) version of the DT 770 PRO as stated (and promised by the seller btw). Don't know about pleather vs. velour though. I guess this is in effect a limited version but not of course the new 2012 edit with leather pads.

Apr 13, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #21 of 679
The sticker on the box definitely seems authentic to me. So I have no reasons not to believe that this really is a (special) version of the DT 770 PRO as stated (and promised by the seller btw). Don't know about pleather vs. velour though. I guess this is in effect a limited version but not of course the new 2012 edit with leather pads.

May 2, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #24 of 679
Quote:

well you should be fine if the headphones say "limited edition 32 ohm" on the side

May 10, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #25 of 679
Seems like they are selling these at http://www.netshop.no (a norwegian webshop) as part of a "Super weekend" offer.

I'm tempted, but I already have a pair of DT770Pro (80 ohm), so I can't really justify it 
mad.gif

Aug 16, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #30 of 679
I was eyeing the DT-770 Pro headphones for a while now, and was set to buy the regular 80 Ohm version with the velour pads. However the store didn't have them and I would have to wait quite some time for them to restock, but they had the LE in stock. I checked them out on the Internet, found 2 reviews on this site (I think) and they seemed to fit my needs as well as the 80 Ohm version would.

I got them on Tuesday and been testing them out yesterday the whole day. Pretty satisfied, I've never had such good headphones so I can't really judge, but it is divine :), though I still think I'll be needing a sound card for my PC and an amp.

The bad stuff, way too short a cable, only 1.6 meters according to Beyer's site, definitely need an extension cord.

Now for the question, the store also had the replacement ear pads from Beyerdynamic, the EDT 770 V (velour) pads. Now it says it fits a range of models including of course the DT-770's, but makes no mention of the LE's. I tried to put them on the LE's for comparisons sake (I had the headphones on me most of the time yesterday and the pleather didn't bother me, was a little bit sweaty after longer use though) but it would seem the LE is a couple of milimiters wider than I assume the regular 770's, so the pads do not fit. I'll try eventually to put them on again, but I will have to probably cut the pads somewhere to place them properly. I wanted to ask did I do something wrong maybe, because I found this and the guy says he has the same problem and I'm guessing he doesn't have the LE's.

Thanks if you made it thus far, any help appreciated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back