Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Feb 5, 2012 at 5:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 679

MotoXRM32

New Head-Fier
Long time reader, first time poster here. I'm in the market for a new set of cans, and over the past month or so I have narrowed it down to the Beyer DT 770 Pro's (I think).  This is because of the following criteria:
  1. closed can
  2. little to no sound leakage
  3. comfortable enough to listen to for hours at a time
  4. circumaural
  5. fairly accurate, although I would like a bit of a more "fun" sounding (I already have open cans for studio work)
  6. <$250
  7. somewhat portable

I thought I was set on the 80 Ohms version, but as I was checking out Beyer's website, I realized that they posted a page about a limited edition version that is going to be released in March (2012).  This "limited edition" version is going to be all black on black, and also be 32 Ohms (previously the DT 770 Pro's were only offered in 80 and 250).

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/studio-and-stage/studio-headphones/dt-770-pro-le-32-ohm.html#

Now I'm just wondering if I would be better off waiting and getting the 32 Ohms version.  I wanted to use these on the go at times (long bus and train rides), so using an amp isn't really preferred when doing so.  Would I be better off going with the 32 Ohms version then? I don't want to sacrifice the bass or sound quality though.  Thoughts?

Feb 5, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #3 of 679
so are these gonna be bass monsters as well?

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #5 of 679
Hey,

I have the Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 32 Ohms.. Not the limited edition you linked to, just a pair of normal looking pro's. They've been selling them in Norway for years. I have been in touch with beyerdynamic and it has been confirmed to me that they sell the 32 Ohm pros on "special request".

They do work well with portable equipment in my opinion, although they do benefit from an amp.. I havent tried the 80 Ohm version but from what Ive read on norwegian forums the 32 Ohms and the 80Ohm are quite similar, the 80Ohm being a bit more bassy (From what I can recall..)

Of course the 32 Ohm limited edition could be something new and different sonically from what I have..

Feb 10, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #6 of 679
I got an even more limited version:

DT770pro/80 [size=small]Ω [/size]with JeremyMoney Audio version 2 leather pads! 
tongue_smile.gif

Not sure what to think of that apparently not-so-"limited" 32 [size=small]Ω [/size]edition.
The 80 [size=small]Ω version I got sounds way better with stock velour pads. [/size]
[size=small]I prefer the J$v2 pads with the T1.[/size]

Feb 24, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #7 of 679

Quote:
Heya,

I'm tempted to grab one of these. My only problem is that they're putting non-cloth pads on them.

If you want a good isolating headphone with some good bass, this is going to be an excellent "full size non-folding portable."

Very best,

I, too, am tempted to grab a pair of these.

I'm hoping the price point will be close to the DT770 pro 80.  Some manufacturers tend to jack up the price with the "limited editions".

What about trying these with the DT770 leather pads?  More breathable than the "pleather" - better isolation than the cloth pads if these were to be used with portable devices in noisy environments - could be a winning combination.

Cheers -

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #8 of 679
somebody should put some jelly's on them

Mar 31, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #13 of 679
Hi,

I've got those as well. I ordered them in Denmark (but I think they also might have come from Norway). The weird thing is that it says 80 Ohm on the box, but there is a sticker from Beyer on top of it saying: "Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO, 32 OHM". They sound great with portable players btw.
smile.gif

Mar 31, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #15 of 679
Quote:
I believe the limited 32 ohm version has pleather not velour.

Maybe Lionman123 does not have the limited edition, but rather one of those unusual DTxx0 Pro headphones that can be bought with a "non-standard" impedance at some places, e.g. here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back