Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Dec 19, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #466 of 679
I found the pleather to be OK, but it is a cooler time of year.

Agree with Gilly87 that the bass is a bit tubby on the 32 LE, but don't know what an 80 is like.

I did try my brother's (I think 250, but no marking anywhere, not even on the plug) 770 premiums. They seemed to have a bit less clamping force too, and the velours were comfy... but I think it was mainly down to clamping. the 770 premiums were definitely less tubby, but too bright for me.

@Gilly87: I did hear back from beyerdyamic. They don't want to sell the shorter plugs for the DT250s (where the cable connects to the LH can). Also they showed no interest in selling a shorter terminated straight cable. Grrrr, so I am buying the stock ones to see if I can live with 'em. I will do one mod with a 3.5mm female jack, and another with the cable fitted normally... but more of that on the DT250 appreciation thread... or a new one.

Dec 19, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #467 of 679
Well that's lame...

80 ohms have more bass overall than the LEs, and the mids were more recessed.
I found the pleather to be OK, but it is a cooler time of year.

Agree with Gilly87 that the bass is a bit tubby on the 32 LE, but don't know what an 80 is like.

I did try my brother's (I think 250, but no marking anywhere, not even on the plug) 770 premiums. They seemed to have a bit less clamping force too, and the velours were comfy... but I think it was mainly down to clamping. the 770 premiums were definitely less tubby, but too bright for me.

@Gilly87
: I did hear back from beyerdyamic. They don't want to sell the shorter plugs for the DT250s (where the cable connects to the LH can). Also they showed no interest in selling a shorter terminated straight cable. Grrrr, so I am buying the stock ones to see if I can live with 'em. I will do one mod with a 3.5mm female jack, and another with the cable fitted normally... but more of that on the DT250 appreciation thread... or a new one.

Jan 11, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #468 of 679
Just got my set of dt 770 pro 32ohms (non-limited edition but I spoke to a beyerdynamic distributer and they're exactly the same) yesterday and they're amazing! I'm blown away by these cans!
I don't have much experience with headphones like this, these being the most expensive pair i've bought, but compared to the ones i've already owned, there's a huge difference. Before this i've owned the Sennheiser HD 202, Marley Stir it Up (which were awful) and Shure SRH240.
So far I'm just running them straight out of my iPod or Macbook Pro but I've got a Fiio E17 on the way. Cannot wait to hear what these things can do when they're properly amped.
I'm loving the wide sound stage and neutrality (compared to my previous headphones) but also the depth of the bass. these headphones just sound spectacular to my ears.
I have noticed that the highs can be a bit harsh at times but not at all in an uncomfortable way.
I generally listen to rock, metal and many different types of electronic music and while they do sound great with rock and metal, these cans really shine when I play hard hitting electronic music on them. If anyone here is into psytrance, you need to hear it on these.
I've only done about 8 hours listening time on these so far (unamped) so I look forward to hearing how the sound changes as they burn in and settle down.
Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase :)

Jan 11, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #469 of 679
Right on! Progressive metal and rock and EDM, especially psytrance and psydub, are my biggest genres, and I agree, the 770s are awesome for these. I've heard the 80 ohm version and I think the new 32 ohms excel more in rock/metal due to more forward mids; the 80s have a bit bigger bass overall, which some might prefer for EDM, but for me the bass on the 32s is perfect, enhanced just enough to give it some oomph without being overly boomy or bloated. Glad you're enjoying them too :)

Jan 13, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #472 of 679
  Just got my set of dt 770 pro 32ohms (non-limited edition but I spoke to a beyerdynamic distributer and they're exactly the same) yesterday and they're amazing! I'm blown away by these cans!
I don't have much experience with headphones like this, these being the most expensive pair i've bought, but compared to the ones i've already owned, there's a huge difference. Before this i've owned the Sennheiser HD 202, Marley Stir it Up (which were awful) and Shure SRH240.
So far I'm just running them straight out of my iPod or Macbook Pro but I've got a Fiio E17 on the way. Cannot wait to hear what these things can do when they're properly amped.
I'm loving the wide sound stage and neutrality (compared to my previous headphones) but also the depth of the bass. these headphones just sound spectacular to my ears.
I have noticed that the highs can be a bit harsh at times but not at all in an uncomfortable way.
I generally listen to rock, metal and many different types of electronic music and while they do sound great with rock and metal, these cans really shine when I play hard hitting electronic music on them. If anyone here is into psytrance, you need to hear it on these.
I've only done about 8 hours listening time on these so far (unamped) so I look forward to hearing how the sound changes as they burn in and settle down.
Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase :)

Cool, it's a nice can, isn't it? From my experience, adequately amping the 770/32 gives you huge difference. I tried it with my android phone when I first got it and started regretting somewhat for a few hours, but then when I plugged it in into my amp at home, it started to come alive! Just wait for your E17 to come. 

Jan 13, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #473 of 679
Really? Mine sound great out of my Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 2013, but both are rooted and using Franco Kernel to adjust digital volume and gain manually to eliminate distortion, which I find helps the SQ a bit. The LEs do sound better out of the 7's more powerful amp, but I'm hardly disappointed with their sound out of the N5, considering it's a smartphone. But amplification does definitely tighten up the bass.

Jan 23, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #474 of 679
Hello all dt770 owners!
I just got some replacement ear pads for mine. However im having some trouble installing them. More specifically, i cant get the ring off that keeps the foam piece on. I feel like im using too much force. Am i doing something wrong? Im using a screw driver to get underneath it to pry it off, however its REALLY tight.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

BTW, I have the Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro 250 Ohm edition and they sound outstanding! I wish the pad lasted longer though.

Jan 23, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #475 of 679
That black ring just pops off once you give enough force. I had to put the screw driver in a few different places but once you find a good spot, the ring just comes off.
Quote:
  Hello all dt770 owners!
I just got some replacement ear pads for mine. However im having some trouble installing them. More specifically, i cant get the ring off that keeps the foam piece on. I feel like im using too much force. Am i doing something wrong? Im using a screw driver to get underneath it to pry it off, however its REALLY tight.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

BTW, I have the Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro 250 Ohm edition and they sound outstanding! I wish the pad lasted longer though.

Jan 23, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #476 of 679
So my Fiio E17 arrived this morning and I'm loving it with my dt770's! It definitely gives these headphones a fuller sound. I've only been using it for the past half an hour so this is still my initial impressions but so far, I'm very happy
dt880smile.png

The bass seems more controlled and, if not louder, is slightly more present in the soundstage. same with the mids. Like I said before, it just makes them sound 'fuller'.

Jan 25, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #479 of 679
Anyone open the DT770 LE's up?  I've been wanting to experiment with them to get more mid range and less sub bass boom.   I saw a mod thread which supposedly did this, but part of it was replacing felt around a black ring that is behind the driver.   I opened my LE's  up and there's no black plastic ring behind the driver.  Every other mod thread about the dt770 I've seen has the black ring.  I'm guessing maybe the 32 ohm version doesn't have the black rings?  So, I guess no felt mod for me.  I did stuff some polyfill into the cups since I had them open to experiment.  Seems to have tamed boominess.  I need more listening time though. Anyone?  Thoughts or ideas?

Jan 26, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #480 of 679
If I'm adding a fiio e11 to my setup, am I better off with the 32 or the 80. It will be for portable use.

What are the main differences? How is the treble? I've read that the 32 has less harsh treble and that is good for me as I'm sensitive to high notes.

Anybody compare to the v-moda m100?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back