Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80ohm or CAL!
Jun 27, 2012 at 6:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Yabanci

New Head-Fier
I have a sweet question bothering me lately and wanted to get opinion about

Budget: I dont have a problem until 200$ mark, if i need to go slightly upper it's still fine. Absolute maximum could be 250$ mark.

Style: I really like Rock music during day, and smooth jazz depending on the mood mixed with House and Chill out. I like listening Massive Attack, Norah Jones, Jamie Cullum, some other chill-out types.

Purpose: I will need a headset 70% gaming and 30% music only. I have good TV and system to watch my Bluray movies. I play Diablo, BF3 and WoW at the moment, but will revisit Mass Effect lately. Current: I had only Sennheier in-ear phones as my best gear so far. Unfortunately totally newbie on this area. I have Fatal1ty trash for gaming. Both doesnt satisfy me at all.

Usage: I will use the headphone mainly for gaming and listening music from my PC. Occasionally with my portable MP3 player. I have only onboard sound at the moment, but Xonar DGX is on the way. Where: I live in Czech rep, but i can access different shops around Europe. Still here prices are very good.

My main question: After some research is that Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohm will perfectly fit to my needs. It's still in my budget range (here it is around 170-180$. However, I saw lately Creative Aurvana Live! (50$ here) recommendations and feels like it's very good deal here having only 50$ to receive a good jump on SQ. So my question is what would you do under this situation? I can really order Beyerdynamic, but i am questioning if it's worth the price difference that much for newbie as i am?

Jun 27, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #2 of 2
id buy the CAL!, and buy an external dac (and an amp) for it and use the extra money for eating/going outside/buy necessary things for your life :wink:

just dont use the spare money for RMAH in d3!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back