beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80 Ohm Versus Ultrasone HFI-780
Jul 16, 2012 at 7:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TechnoMulen

New Head-Fier
im in doubt of what to choose between the beyer and ultrasone..

im gonna sit at home and listend to music or playing games.. perhaps watch a movie once in a while.

what will be the better choice..
ps i will power them via my soundcard in my computer ( good sound card )
I listend to hard electronic music.

i allready ordered the ultrasone ones home.. but im still in doubt..
they also costs about 20% more than the beyer.

Thanks in advance,.

Jul 16, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #3 of 6
Which sound card?
The DT770 80-Ohm works best with a decent amp.

Jul 16, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #4 of 6
It may be more fair to compare it to the HFI 580

Basically it's like this, I have the HFI 580 and have demo'd the Beyer DT770 80.

You know those games that let you start out with three fighter plane or variant choices? Some excels at strength, one at endurance and one that has a balance of the two or three options it gives you? The Beyer in this case would be the balance, not excelling in anything specific but doing a good job at everything, plus they are light and comfortable

However when it comes to hard electronic music(I listen to it) and EDM, that's the HFI 580's specifialty

http://www.head-fi.org/t/607256/best-headphones-under-200-for-the-highs-of-trance-and-the-lows-of-dubstep-cant-find-thread-on-this-plz-help

Read this thread, it has EVERYTHING you probably would ask about the HFI 580, 770 and DT 770 pro 80 ohm.

Hey! I just met you! And this is crazy, but heres my opinions so call me maybe, yes there are other ones, but try to read mine, so here's my advice, so read it maybe!?

Jul 16, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
I have recently purchased Beyerdynamic DT770 for the same reasons you have. Honestly, i am very very happy with my purchase, I truely recommend them.

"Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet!"

Yep, if you like comfort, lightweight, and an all purpose headphone then the Beyer's are excellent, warm sound good for various genres and or artists with good energy and speed. However for EDM, the Ultrasone's are sonically better but that also comes to a standstill as although the Ultrasone's are better you wear out a tad bit easier sometimes as it is a bit more fatiguing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back