Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Oct 4, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #2,926 of 3,701
Doesn't make any sense to use a balanced cable until you won't rewire the internal connections inside the headphone accordingly first.
Although as far as I know there is no balanced mini XLR connector. Balanced needs 4 pins, so the cable up there looks interesting.

DT1770 rewired to balanced 4 pin male , simple swap out and rewire
IMG_20180301_231050.jpg IMG_20180301_231021.jpg

Oct 4, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #2,929 of 3,701
Regarding the ear pads I'm using after trying a few, the brainwavz hybrids memory foam and velour internal pleather outers comfortable no hot ears and great isolation not to mention easy to fit.

I tried the hybrid pads and I dunno, I just feel like leather or pleather too are the only ones that really isolate the sound and therefore give you deeper bass.

Tried the Dekoni hybrid and Sheepskin leather one. Hybrid got returned. Sheepskin 4 evah! lol

Oct 6, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #2,933 of 3,701
How much would u charge for to do that and cable too? lol Not sure I'd do it but good to know.
Depends what you want it doing with ? Pure silver internal wiring or 7N copper with or without silver solder and for the cable I can make anything you want , pure silver or silver plated or 5 or 7 N copper or a hybrid mix , mogami van damme or Sommer shielded cables then there's a choice of mini xlrs and the source termination as well.

Oct 7, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #2,934 of 3,701
Depends what you want it doing with ? Pure silver internal wiring or 7N copper with or without silver solder and for the cable I can make anything you want , pure silver or silver plated or 5 or 7 N copper or a hybrid mix , mogami van damme or Sommer shielded cables then there's a choice of mini xlrs and the source termination as well.

Wow. Sounds complicated. I have no idea. lol

I think I'm just gonna let it be. I see you live in England so I'm sure the cost to do this won't be cheap. lol

I dunno why these headphone makers even use mini-XLR connectors vs. just 3.5mm ones? Especially when there ARE NO balanced mini-XLR cables in existence.

Thank you either way though! Looks like you do great work too from what I can see.

Oct 7, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #2,936 of 3,701
No problem, they are marketed as a studio headphone and XLR has been a staple of the recording studio for years but I too don't see a point really as they could just put a dual entry in like the T1 etc.

Yeah I guess when I think about it that actually makes sense (that they're made for studio use really vs. consumer use).

I WISH it had a dual entry system in place. Some ppl say you can't tell a difference b/t balanced and unbalanced, while others say there's a significantly noticeable difference. I guess I'd have to compare the two myself one day (at same volume of course) to see if I notice it or not.

Oct 8, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #2,937 of 3,701
DT1770 rewired to balanced 4 pin male , simple swap out and rewire

How is the sound of the hybrid pads compared to the stock pleather? Have you also tried the sheepskin brainwavz? Would really appreciate the reply since I've been looking for replacement pads since my pleather got teared.

Oct 8, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #2,938 of 3,701
I tried the hybrid pads and I dunno, I just feel like leather or pleather too are the only ones that really isolate the sound and therefore give you deeper bass.

Tried the Dekoni hybrid and Sheepskin leather one. Hybrid got returned. Sheepskin 4 evah! lol
Can you do a comparison of the sound between the sheepskin and stock pleather pads? Thanks!

Oct 8, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #2,940 of 3,701
How is the sound of the hybrid pads compared to the stock pleather? Have you also tried the sheepskin brainwavz? Would really appreciate the reply since I've been looking for replacement pads since my pleather got teared.

Hybrids for me are perfect comfortable and no sweating plus they are thicker so ears further off the drivers gives them a bit more space and good isolation with the pleather at sides to the cups , sheepskin are good but gets a bit warm after a while, get both off Amazon and try out keep one send one back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back