Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Jul 23, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #2,911 of 3,701
How did the Dekoni hybrids affect the mids & treble? I ask because I'm interested in the velour part and not needing a boost in bass over stock.

I don't think I noticed a difference there. So I guess you should just try them out then and report back here afterwards. I returned mine, so you can do the same too IF they don't measure up for you.

MAKE sure ZMG that you buy them off Dekoni's eBay page. Cheaper there PLUS I was able to negotiate the price down too. They list $70, I offered $55. They countered with $62, which I accepted ftw. lol

Let us know how it goes!

Aug 8, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #2,915 of 3,701
Anybody know if the 1770 could be connected with a cable that has 4-pin XLR termination? I'd like to be able to use them on one of my amps, but it only has balanced output. There are several outfits that can build a custom cable with mini-xlr at one end and 4 pin at the other... but would it work for the DT1770?

Aug 14, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #2,916 of 3,701
I choosed this way

Using a mini xlr Plug only to get the wire into the Headphone.

20180814_123919.jpg

I destroyed the socket by drilling a 4,7mm hole, to get the Via Blue into the Headphone.

20180814_141324.jpg

At last, I soldered everything together

20180814_214839.jpg

20180814_214747.jpg

Thats it

20180814_155715.jpg

Sep 10, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #2,917 of 3,701
Was looking to see if I could upgrade my current third party cable to a balanced cable for my DT 1770. Didn't think there was a balanced cable with a Mini-XLR end terminating into the headphones, but then I saw this. What do you guys think? Will it work on my DT 1770 AND LG V30? Is my V30 capable of balanced with this cable?? Please let me know.

Sep 11, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #2,918 of 3,701
Was looking to see if I could upgrade my current third party cable to a balanced cable for my DT 1770. Didn't think there was a balanced cable with a Mini-XLR end terminating into the headphones, but then I saw this. What do you guys think? Will it work on my DT 1770 AND LG V30? Is my V30 capable of balanced with this cable?? Please let me know.

Doesn't make any sense to use a balanced cable until you won't rewire the internal connections inside the headphone accordingly first.
Although as far as I know there is no balanced mini XLR connector. Balanced needs 4 pins, so the cable up there looks interesting.

Sep 11, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #2,919 of 3,701
Doesn't make any sense to use a balanced cable until you won't rewire the internal connections inside the headphone accordingly first.
Although as far as I know there is no balanced mini XLR connector. Balanced needs 4 pins, so the cable up there looks interesting.

Yeah someone in another thread I posted this question in said basically the same thing. Not enough pins. Plus found out my LG V30 (with Quad DAC) doesn't have a balanced output port on it, so I guess it's a no go. The DT 1770 sound incredible to me already, so whatever. lol

Thanks!

Sep 11, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #2,920 of 3,701
Yeah someone in another thread I posted this question in said basically the same thing. Not enough pins. Plus found out my LG V30 (with Quad DAC) doesn't have a balanced output port on it, so I guess it's a no go. The DT 1770 sound incredible to me already, so whatever. lol

Thanks!

I also drive my DT 1770 with a V30 using UAPP. :) After applying the first mod step from this thread and bought a shorter custom-made Sommer Goblin cable with Amphenol connectors, the sound is just amazing. :)

Sep 11, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #2,921 of 3,701
I also drive my DT 1770 with a V30 using UAPP. :) After applying the first mod step from this thread and bought a shorter custom-made Sommer Goblin cable with Amphenol connectors, the sound is just amazing. :)

Awesome! Sounds like a great setup!!

Yeah I use Poweramp. UAPP is awesome too.

I got this cable off Amazon which is only 4' so more portable, and also upgraded to the Dekoni sheepskin ear pads as well. Comfort level DEF went up a notch with them. These are without a doubt the best headphones I've ever owned!

Sep 11, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #2,922 of 3,701

I got this cable off Amazon which is only 4' so more portable, and also upgraded to the Dekoni sheepskin ear pads as well. Comfort level DEF went up a notch with them. These are without a doubt the best headphones I've ever owned!

Yes, the stock cables are insanely long and heavy ones, absolutely not suitable to connect to a mobile phone.
I used to use Poweramp as well before, but I hear sonic differences in favor of UAPP with the DT1770, so I just uninstalled it...
The Dekoni pads are also on my bucket list, just waiting for the AddictedToAudio to open a shop in New Zealand to get finally a dealer! :D

Sep 11, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #2,923 of 3,701

Could you please describe what are the advantages of the Dekoni compared to the stock leather pads? Cheers!

Sep 11, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #2,925 of 3,701
Yes, the stock cables are insanely long and heavy ones, absolutely not suitable to connect to a mobile phone.
I used to use Poweramp as well before, but I hear sonic differences in favor of UAPP with the DT1770, so I just uninstalled it...
The Dekoni pads are also on my bucket list, just waiting for the AddictedToAudio to open a shop in New Zealand to get finally a dealer! :D

Yeah they were too long. But 4' is just perfect.

Hmm ok. I tried them both with the same EQ settings (or very close at least), and to me they were equal. But Poweramp's UI to me is much better. Still, I'd talked to UAPP's dev and he was awesome about getting back to me, where Poweramp's typically don't and they take forever for updates. Still, I'm sticking with Poweramp, for now anyway. lol But UAPP would be the only other choice for me, or at least the best of the rest for sure.

Ahhh I C. Well yeah, when you can, buy them. I'd also check on U.S. eBay and your local eBay too, etc. Usually the sellers on there will sell to other countries, so you might get lucky and maybe a good price too. I've bought and sold things internationally myself, so yeah, definitely look into that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back