Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Aug 9, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #46 of 3,701
  By the way, Google shows the DT770 as a complete disaster..
Just type and google  "DT770 bass distortion" and look for the results, thousands of evidences as a prove for a serious production bug...

Hope the DT1770 will be better.

Yeah, funny that. I got a 770 and experience no distortion at all. Not even with the parsifal bells in a wagner opera. It handles the timpani in Beethoven's 9th beatifully. I've shown mine to several friends, 3 of which went online immediately and ordered one.

Aug 9, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #47 of 3,701
  If you have aver issues with spare parts availability, you should get in touch with the respective distributor in ocu country. You can find them on our website.
If this doesn't help, contact our own service department: spareparts @beyerdynamic.de

I had issues which were resolved by your friendly colleagues but those issues did expose what to me is a fundamental flaw in the way  your distributors work their markets:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/745734/beyerdynamic-spares-where-to-order

I still love beyerdynamics products but if this 770 needs replacing I will look to other brands where parts are no problem. IT's o nne thing sennheiser does really well.

Aug 9, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #48 of 3,701

Yeah, funny that. I got a 770 and experience no distortion at all. Not even with the parsifal bells in a wagner opera. It handles the timpani in Beethoven's 9th beatifully. I've shown mine to several friends, 3 of which went online immediately and ordered one.

Funny ? Not so funny, especially when thousands of DT770 users stuck with bad driver... And company did not care...

After you saw all the "distortion / bad driver" results, you think they did not exists?
Or just a thousands of  fake evidences all around the world ?

If there is 50/50 to get a bad product when buying DT770, do you think its normal (even if your pair is in 50% of good ones) ? 

This one is extra good:
12/9/14
  Hi all,

My Dt770 have developed a crack in the left slider.

Quote:
From today (9/8/2015)

Yeah, funny that. I got a 770 and experience no distortion at all. Not even with the parsifal bells in a wagner opera.

Aug 9, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #49 of 3,701

I had issues which were resolved by your friendly colleagues but those issues did expose what to me is a fundamental flaw in the way  your distributors work their markets:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/745734/beyerdynamic-spares-where-to-order

I still love beyerdynamics products but if this 770 needs replacing I will look to other brands where parts are no problem. IT's o nne thing sennheiser does really well.

Replied in the respective thread.

Aug 9, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #50 of 3,701
I was asked now several times about availability in different regions, also through private messages.

Answer is simple and always the same:
For Germany call +49 7131 617-444 and just ask or send an e-mail to proaudio@beyerdynamic.de
For other countries ask the respective distributor, after finding them out on our website.

Hope, that helps.

Aug 9, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #51 of 3,701
A DT-150 (my only beyers) amped by Hugo (my only amp) , has amazingly good resolution/separation and 3D imaging.
(Actually its resolved very closed Ultrasone edition 5, they are x20 more expensive) ...

If this one will be much better (more power, more bass, mooooore bass, and good MID with opposite treble of DT-770 and better quality control ...I'm on the list.

I think Beyerdynamics has enough time to made a homework ... The DT1770 looks fabulous and very sturby!
p.s.:Sennheiser also got enough time , but what we got ? The HD630 ? :frowning2:((

Aug 9, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #55 of 3,701

Neutral, powerful, transparent sound with both enough bass and treble, but not over-pronounced. The too-much or too-little dicussion about bass and treble for headphones is a bit tricky, since tastes differ dramatically. The DT 1770 Pro sounds the way, you would hope for, when knowing 1. our professional headphones 2. knowing the benefits in sound of Tesla technology.

Quote:
Closer to DT 770 Pro concerning frequency response.

1. Tastes don't have anything to do with this, since it's targeting for a pro, isn't it? Neutral != Flat
2. Emphasized bass & treble but a bit better midrange? Too bad, I was hoping for smth similar to T1

Aug 9, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #56 of 3,701
fwiw, the treble is definitely more refined and a lot less grainy than the regular DT770. compared to the T5p and T1 G2 I've also heard at the demo, it's more a forward perspective (perhaps due to the direct not angled facing drivers) but it's definitely not harsh as the 770 80 ohms.

Aug 9, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #58 of 3,701
deafdoorknob, could you tell me more in details what is the difference between T1(mk1 or mk2) and DT1770?

I mostly spent time listening to the DT1770, and a show is possibly the worse place to hold judgement on open cans. That said, with the naim cd5 as its source and powered by beyer's own desktop amps, the T1 G2 is more open sounding and has better depth-imaging than either the T1s or DT1770.

DT1770 is more forward and muscular out of all three, and tighter and more controlled than the DT770. the mids are more present but everything is clean, none the smearing I heard on the DT770 80, DT770 32 is better than the 80 in this regard as well.

Personally, I would call T1 both version to be bright but clean phones whereas I would consider the DT1770 to be a forward but clean. the solidity of its sub bass had to be heard to be believed to tell you the truth. sythn notes of around 17-25 Hz were reproduced cleanly but viscerally in a way that amazed me. and no it's not boomy.

T1 G2 has more flesh than the T1 but it's still a T1 not something completely different. Bass still has great texture but with SLIGHT added weight.

As a reference, in terms of sub bass, only the DT1770, T5p and DT770 30 reproduced it in full, the DT770 80 sounded less clean and the T7p attenuated by a fair margin.

I'll preface this by saying I am neither a Beyerdynamic fan nor a basshead, but i am currently planning for a more extensive audition of the DT1770. Like I said, I auditioned 20 or so headphones over a few hours at the show, but I returned to the DT1770 on 3 occasions and the longest being around 35 minutes of uninterrupted listening, longer than all the other headphones combined.

I can't say that it's the most neutral because neutrality is a somewhat loaded term imho but it is definitely full range and least fatiguing professional headphones I have heard.

Aug 10, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #59 of 3,701
Great, so glad I'd waited, was so tempted to get a Shure 1540, but the DT1770 looks to be one for me (yes, I like shiny new stuff). Been waiting to add another close back can to my collection as I have only the Alpha Dog (the Denon's and the AT woody I have ain't exactly close back). 599 Euros look to be a tad pricey though.

Aug 10, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #60 of 3,701
 Will be glad to hear those dt-1770 are better then 2K$ McIntosh MHP1000 ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back