1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by vartan, Aug 5, 2015.
First

Back
201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210
  1. D3adRock
  2. Digeeedad
    Does anyone have a suggestion and/or link for a 4-5 foot headphone cable for the DT1770?

3. Digeeedad
    I'm having a heck of a time trying to get the pleather ear pads attached to my new DT1770s. I can get the velour pads on and off fairly easily but after literally several hours of trying to mount the pleather pads, I've had zero success. The pleather pads seem to be tighter or a bit smaller in circumference. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, although it seems that I may need to get a new pair of

* I ended up removing the ear pad rail assemblies, from the ear cups, attaching the ear pads and then snapping everything back into place, with the pleather pads attached. Worked well but still somewhat difficult. All in all, a cumbersome and somewhat ridiculous ear pad mounting system! The pleather ear pads sound awesome with the DT1770s!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  4. rockphotog
    Just ordered a NewFantasia, but not received it yet, so I can't talk about the fit. I'll inform when I get it if not someone else can fill in.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KAST95Y

5. Digeeedad
    Thanks for the reply! I also ordered the NewFantasia cord. Other than initially being a bit concerned about the cable being "skinny", it actually seems to work fine, The mini xlr plug seems to be good quality and connects and disconnects easily. Very satisfied with the purchase. Hoping you have a similarly good experience!

6. Chu
    Can anyone comment on the difference in isolation between the dt1770 and the dt770?

For my intended purpose at work isolation is incredibly important, and the fact the dt770 supposedly is even better than the ATH-M50 at isolation is what drew my interest in the first place. I can't find a direct comparison of the 770 and 1770 on this key metric though.

7. Digeeedad
    Especially when using the pleather ear pads supplied with the 1770s, which I found to sound better, they seem to be more isolating than the 770s. The 1770s seem to have a bit more clamping force than the 770s although, even having a largish head size, I still find them very comfortable. Isolation is good, both in and out. Amazon's current price of $388 for the 1770s is definitely quite a bargain!

First

Back
201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210