Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
Dec 7, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #616 of 963
Hey there, anyone looking for a little more in-depth comparison of the ath-m50 and Beyer COP, I'll have a full comparison up within the week as soon as finals end. In the mean time, is there anything anyone would like me to address between them specifically?

Dec 7, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #617 of 963
Quote:
Oh maybe he's planning on going Bionic when he's older! Gatta destroy his organic body b4 he can be a CYBER MAN

......you have figured out my plan.  Now I must kill you.  Prepare to be....ANNIHILATED!!!!!!

Quote:
Isolation is pretty good. They might leak a little if you crank em up but it's definitely pretty decent. Go easy on your ears though, don't you want to enjoy music into your late years?

Also these are not purely midbass cans, they have a subbass rolloff but they're not planar, what do you expect? They go fairly low and rumble the cups easily.

Well I don't listen to music often enough to do permanent damage from high-volumes........at least I try not to lol.   Anyway, I'm a huge fan of mid-bass "impactful" (is that the same thing?  I'm still learning) cans like the DJ1, but I LOVE the look of the COP and the detachable cable, so I'm hoping that I'll get the same punch but more clarity, comfort, and less distortion at higher volumes....I'll probably need an amp either way.

Dec 7, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #618 of 963
I have the COP and the E11 and (for my taste) they didn't paired well. Couldn't crank up the volume like with my other headphones. I'm no expert, but I think it was a mistake to make this kind of headphone with only 16 Ohm / 100mW specs. They perform way better straight from the source with no amp.

Dec 7, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #619 of 963
Quote:
I have the COP and the E11 and (for my taste) they didn't paired well. Couldn't crank up the volume like with my other headphones. I'm no expert, but I think it was a mistake to make this kind of headphone with only 16 Ohm / 100mW specs. They perform way better straight from the source with no amp.

Maybe you can help me with my distortion problem then?  From what I've learned so far, distortion happens when I crank the volume louder than the amp can handle (for example, those built into an iPod or a laptop), so it begins to chip.  In order to fix this, I would A. need to sound check all of my songs so they play at the same volume (about 60% effective) or B.  buy an amp.  But what you're saying is these headphones sound their best without one.  So how would I fix my distortion problem?

Dec 7, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #620 of 963
They were made to be driven straight off sources, so I don't understand why everyone is trying so hard to amp them. Some headphones just aren't made to be amped.

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #621 of 963
That is a tuff one because it depends on the source, but I only use the COP for portable. I have the Clip Zip and it can power the COP good enough without issues. For my computer and home studio I use the HD280Pro.

Dec 7, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #622 of 963
Quote:
They were made to be driven straight off sources, so I don't understand why everyone is trying so hard to amp them. Some headphones just aren't made to be amped.

Your right. In my case I was just so used to using the E11 with all my other headphones (M80, HM3, HD280Pro) with no issues. I still think they could have done the COP with a bit higher specs. My 2 cents.

Dec 7, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #623 of 963
The appeal of the COP for me is that I dont have to worry about loss of SQ by running it unamped. I for one HATE attaching anything to my mp3 player or phone. Less bulk. So the COP is perfect for that.

If you dont mind habing an amp attached, I'd go with something more typical, like the 770/80s, though they arent exactly fashionable.

Not that I own it, though it does appeal to me, assuming its with velour pads.

Dec 8, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #624 of 963
Quote:

Though some sources have lousy output impedance, so going into a low 16ohm load means they might only be getting a fraction of the output. 

Dec 8, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #626 of 963
Quote:

Hiya - i totally disagree - my COP's give me far better sq with my E11 than straight from my clip+, it just seems so much cleaner. The Clip+ is rockboxed and i read to keep it at 0db (line level?) and use the amp volume from there - so so much better!

Dec 10, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #628 of 963
Quote:
How does the COP stand when it comes to accuracy and balance? 

That's pretty much the opposite of the COP. They have a lot of bass and I have noticed a loss in resolution coming from my HD650s and DT880s. "Accurate" or "balanced" are not words I would use to describe these. They are fun, aka purposefully unbalanced.

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #629 of 963
Quote:

That's pretty much the opposite of the COP. They have a lot of bass and I have noticed a loss in resolution coming from my HD650s and DT880s. "Accurate" or "balanced" are not words I would use to describe these. They are fun, aka purposefully unbalanced.

yar, most Bass Head cans are fun and Pourposefully Un balanced! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back