Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
Dec 10, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #631 of 963
That's pretty much the opposite of the COP. They have a lot of bass and I have noticed a loss in resolution coming from my HD650s and DT880s. "Accurate" or "balanced" are not words I would use to describe these. They are fun, aka purposefully unbalanced.

Totally agree. Detail monsters these certainly are not. BASS monsters, certainly they are not!! Real Bass-Head monsters don't crack or bottom out when you play bass heavy music at average volumes... You want bass head cans, real ones for around the same price or less get yourself some M-audio Q40's or the Pro700mk2 both are cheaper than the COP's and will shake your dome! COP's are good cans when ran through lower volumes through mobile sources (iPhone, iPad, etc) and that's it. Turn it up or amp them and things get sloppy. The better price point for the COP's should be $149 and under.

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #632 of 963
Yeah, I'm actually pretty surprised with how bad these are with amping. They should not clip before they reach ear-bleeding volumes. If mine still clip when I get them back, I'm just going to return them. Would be nice to subsidize my DT880s anyway 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #633 of 963
Quote:
Totally agree. Detail monsters these certainly are not. BASS monsters, certainly they are not!! Real Bass-Head monsters don't crack or bottom out when you play bass heavy music at average volumes... You want bass head cans, real ones for around the same price or less get yourself some M-audio Q40's or the Pro700mk2 both are cheaper than the COP's and will shake your dome! COP's are good cans when ran through lower volumes through mobile sources (iPhone, iPad, etc) and that's it. Turn it up or amp them and things get sloppy. The better price point for the COP's should be $149 and under.

Crap, I just bought these (waiting for Amazon to ship them) and you're telling us that these can't achieve loud volumes without distorting bass notes?!  When will Beyer learn, some of us NEED volume.  I will wait for them in the mail, but if it at least doesn't hit 115db (perceived by my ears) in the cup, they will go right back.

Also, I like my music loud, rock-concert loud in fact, been doing it for years, and can still hear a pin drop.  So no comments on how I should keep it down...because I won't :p.

Dec 10, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #634 of 963
Quote:

Crap, I just bought these (waiting for Amazon to ship them) and you're telling us that these can't achieve loud volumes without distorting bass notes?!  When will Beyer learn, some of us NEED volume.  I will wait for them in the mail, but if it at least doesn't hit 115db (perceived by my ears) in the cup, they will go right back.

Also, I like my music loud, rock-concert loud in fact, been doing it for years, and can still hear a pin drop.  So no comments on how I should keep it down...because I won't :p.

Sorry, I hate to say but yah, they do not do loud very well at all!! Regardless of the positioning of the bass ports they sound pretty bad at higher volumes and the right speaker is starting to get the rep as being a clipper. I've done a review on the COP's vs the 770/80 and at first at lower volumes the COP's are very good, but once you want to experience the music things go to crap. The beautiful sound that they put out earlier is replaced by a muddy mess that sounds like its trying way to hard to keep up. Its a shame, they could have been so much better. Super lightweight and comfy zero clamp and good isolation not to mention replaceable cables. Man, has it all... Except for the sound that I assume to most of us is the most important part of a headphone I think... :) Could be wrong though. People are still buying beats right?

Dec 10, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #635 of 963
Man... all this talk of clipping is making me sad. I think I'm just going to return these when I get them back from Beyer. If they made a Custom Tesla Pro (or whatever) with a Tesla driver in it, that didn't distort at higher volumes, but managed to put out almost the same amount of bass, but quicker, I'd shell out $300 for those. Provided they sounded just like the COPs but more detail resolution, quicker bass, and no distortion.

Dec 10, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #636 of 963
Quote:
Man... all this talk of clipping is making me sad. I think I'm just going to return these when I get them back from Beyer. If they made a Custom Tesla Pro (or whatever) with a Tesla driver in it, that didn't distort at higher volumes, but managed to put out almost the same amount of bass, but quicker, I'd shell out $300 for those. Provided they sounded just like the COPs but more detail resolution, quicker bass, and no distortion.

You nailed it there, if they made a bassier or custom version of the DT1350 which a lot of people seem to love right now that would be amazing. The Tesla speakers are good. Not a lot of bass but they do a lot of other things very right. The quality of the bass to me was amazing on the T70's. I put some of my favorite dub tracks through them and they ate em up like champs!! The bass was stupid fast and very smooth with no distortion but the amount of bass they produced was a little lacking. Now if they can improve on that and make it more affordable they may have the best headphone on the market today for the money. They did recently introduce the Dt770/32 L.E so who knows what will come out next.

Dec 10, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #637 of 963
I'm just wondering what's holding Beyer back from creating a DT880-tier can, but with more bass; is it technical difficulty, or marketing? I mean seriously! If they could keep the mids from the COPs (better than DT880 imo) but make the bass quicker (I'd even settle for just a little less quantity) and make the highs just a tad sparklier... they'd have a WINRAR on their hands. I would buy said winrar headphone.

Dec 10, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #638 of 963
Quote:
I'm just wondering what's holding Beyer back from creating a DT880-tier can, but with more bass; is it technical difficulty, or marketing? I mean seriously! If they could keep the mids from the COPs (better than DT880 imo) but make the bass quicker (I'd even settle for just a little less quantity) and make the highs just a tad sparklier... they'd have a WINRAR on their hands. I would buy said winrar headphone.

THere is a can like that, its called the DT 990 Pro 250 <3

Dec 10, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #639 of 963
Quote:
THere is a can like that, its called the DT 990 Pro 250 <3

I've heard the mids/vocals are actually quite recessed on those due to the emphasis on bass and treble. Plus they're not "portable" (short cable/lower impedance) and they're open vs closed back.

Dec 10, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #640 of 963
Quote:

I've heard the mids/vocals are actually quite recessed on those due to the emphasis on bass and treble. Plus they're not "portable" (short cable/lower impedance) and they're open vs closed back.

but it is a dt 880 tier'd can. Seeing as the Dt 880 it self is well Open and a 250 ohm can is definatly portable. A DAP + portable amp drives them easily. But yea the mids are rather recessed. There is also the Dt 880 600ohm which is quiete warm I hear! Having more bass than the 250 or 32 ohm version, and a decent bit more too! 

Dec 10, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #641 of 963
Quote:

RazorDogDeals has a 14-Day return policy and mine were delivered on Nov 21st...so no return option for me. Problably sell it here or craiglist just to make some profit back towards the DT770 or M100.

Dec 10, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #642 of 963
Quote:
RazorDogDeals has a 14-Day return policy and mine were delivered on Nov 21st...so no return option for me. Problably sell it here or craiglist just to make some profit back towards the DT770 or M100.

He told me he would handle the return for me if I wanted to return them. If he changes his mind I'll be sure to bitch and moan until he lets me ship them back to him and refund me. I've met him 3 times now, I'd think for a repeat customer he'd bend his policy a little.

Dec 10, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #643 of 963
Quote:

He told me he would handle the return for me if I wanted to return them. If he changes his mind I'll be sure to bitch and moan until he lets me ship them back to him and refund me. I've met him 3 times now, I'd think for a repeat customer he'd bend his policy a little.

Maybe, but his prices... aren't bad I suppose. Rebates are a pain as I have to Mail stuff out... still though nice to have another  option in buying. 

That's a shame that they clip but... I wonder HOW loud are you guys listening e.e

My ZB700s start to distort the bass around 120% of my Zunes MAX volume [which is Zune MAXED amp at 70%] ... but I don't like my music ANY WHERE CLOSE to that loud >.> 

Dec 10, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #644 of 963
Trust me, it's well within acceptable volume range. It's really not that loud.

Dec 10, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #645 of 963
Quote:
Trust me, it's well within acceptable volume range. It's really not that loud.

Yea I can feel you there, have you tried listening without an amp [oh w8 we already established these don't amp well] well that's a shame to hear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back