Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
Nov 16, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #481 of 963
Quote:
"Chocolate Cake...Dark Chocolate over Milk...Bass Can'ed ness...Chocolate PIE...Chocolate bass..."

LOL wut

CHOCOLATE Bass... is apprently byound your comprehension ;3

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #482 of 963
Quote:
I too am liking some of what I read on these and some stuff scares me.

I too am looking for portable headphones. Wish these came with a case, but love the detachable cable and love I can adjjust the bass output. I just hope the crisp clarity of the other instruments are not hidden. I was thinking Phillips L1 or DT1350s but these sound intriguing to me.
I hate that instead of the range of reviews being awesome to ok, we are getting fantastic to awful.

I don't think the COPs are fantastic nor are they awful.....they are pretty good especially with all the features you've mentioned. If you like the Beyer house sound you should definitely give these a try.

Nov 16, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #485 of 963
Quote:

On the contrary my friend...

Oh nice :3, I think I may have started a new club here... Bass Head cans... meet Chocolate Bass Certified Cans ;3... I FORWARD that we put some D7000s ON that mans Brainz! 

Nov 16, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #486 of 963
Quote:
Another positive review (and comparison to other headphones) from Headfonia:

http://www.headfonia.com/beyer-custom-one-pro-definition-of-cool/

...AIAIAI TMA-1 Studio I demo'd those actually... and trust me... they are JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Dt 880's destroyed them for CRYING OUT LOUD. Although I was using mostly Orchestral Music on them no dance music but still... don't put Bass Head cans with Studio Monitors or else ppl will buy them assuming they can master with them -.- still

AIAIAI TMA-1 Studio... terrible... but not as bad as these $350 Pioneers... those poor things where just terribad >.> 

Nov 17, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #487 of 963
Hey...anybody can recommend me a budget headphone case that will fit the COP's? nothing crazy, something under $20 is fine.

Nov 17, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #489 of 963
Quote:
This EBAY seller has bags that I've bought and found to be well worth the money....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/vilaibhan/m.html?item=110899212033&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Thanks! I guess this one will do the job for $15 (HD800 not included) 
atsmile.gif

Nov 17, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #490 of 963
I've been looking at these for the past couple of days and I'm really liking the sound of the detachable cable, I'm currently using the DT 990 Pros 250 with the velvet pads, how would these compare? And would the velvet pads be any good on the COPs because I'm not a fan of pleather at all... cheers!

Nov 18, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #491 of 963
Hi,

The COP will be smoother and darker. It's treble is also much less than what the DT990 has. Also the DT990 pads won't work on the COP as it kills the bass. I've tried my T1 pads on the COP and the bass was virtually gone. The only way bass could be heard was if I set it to the fourth setting. If you want similar pads look at the DT770 pro ear pads. They look like the DT900 pads but are denser and sound similar to the pleather pads. The sound is also a bit more airier.

Quote:
I've been looking at these for the past couple of days and I'm really liking the sound of the detachable cable, I'm currently using the DT 990 Pros 250 with the velvet pads, how would these compare? And would the velvet pads be any good on the COPs because I'm not a fan of pleather at all... cheers!

Nov 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #493 of 963
Thanks for the help! If I do decide to get them I'll definitely get the DT770 Pro pads with them if it makes them sound similar, I did try the pleathers for the DT990 and it just completely muddied up the sound.

Hi,

The COP will be smoother and darker. It's treble is also much less than what the DT990 has. Also the DT990 pads won't work on the COP as it kills the bass. I've tried my T1 pads on the COP and the bass was virtually gone. The only way bass could be heard was if I set it to the fourth setting. If you want similar pads look at the DT770 pro ear pads. They look like the DT900 pads but are denser and sound similar to the pleather pads. The sound is also a bit more airier.

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #494 of 963
Quote:
Thanks! I guess this one will do the job for $15 (HD800 not included) 
atsmile.gif

omg awesome sauce. I totally want like 4 of them xD
Quote:
Hi,

Neat huh! 

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #495 of 963
Don't shoot the messenger, but here's another positive review from SoundAndVisionMag:

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/blog/2012/11/14/review-beyerdynamic-custom-one-pro-headphone

Quote:

"Because opinions of headphones vary so much, it’s always hard for us to recommend one unconditionally. A tonal balance that’s absurdly bass-heavy for one listener may be perfect for another. But with the Custom One Pro, you’re pretty much assured of getting not only the right tonal balance for your taste, but also the appropriate tonal balance for the music you’re listening to. We hope Beyerdynamic extends the sound slider concept into more models, because it is definitely a winner."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back