Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
Nov 19, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #496 of 963
Quote:
Don't shoot the messenger, but here's another positive review from SoundAndVisionMag:

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/blog/2012/11/14/review-beyerdynamic-custom-one-pro-headphone

Quote:

"Because opinions of headphones vary so much, it’s always hard for us to recommend one unconditionally. A tonal balance that’s absurdly bass-heavy for one listener may be perfect for another. But with the Custom One Pro, you’re pretty much assured of getting not only the right tonal balance for your taste, but also the appropriate tonal balance for the music you’re listening to. We hope Beyerdynamic extends the sound slider concept into more models, because it is definitely a winner."

Nice that the reviewer provides wrong info 
wink.gif
 Don't know how the reviewer isn't aware what bass vents are for...
At the bottom setting, the vents are fully closed for maximum bass power and maximum isolation from outside sounds. At the top setting, the vents are open for a more spacious sound with less bass.

Nov 19, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #497 of 963
Quote:

Nice that the reviewer provides wrong info 
wink.gif
 Don't know how the reviewer isn't aware what bass vents are for...

Quote: "When I switched to the closed or mostly closed positions, the bass became overwhelming and the tonal balance seemed dull."

Weird, maybe open is closed and closed is open :D On my COP open ports deliver the best bass. Maybe my unit is unique
rolleyes.gif

The manual even confirmes this: http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/media//usermanual/MAN_Custom_One_Pro_DE-EN-Fr-ES.pdf

yay, I'm not crazy!

Nov 19, 2012 at 7:40 AM Post #498 of 963
I chuckled a bit reading this part in the manual:

Safety Instructions
• When connecting the headphones, make sure the volume is turned to minimum. Only adjust the volume after putting the headphones on. Do not turn
the volume up too loud. You could cause permanent damage to your hearing.
When using cabled headphones please avoid any extreme movements which
may cause the headphones to fall off. You could sustain serious injury, 
especially if you have piercings or are wearing earrings or glasses etc. The
cable could become wound around the neck and cause strangulation.

ph34r.gif
 Appearently wearing headphones is serious business

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #499 of 963
Yeah, I guess is safe to say the COP's are killer headphones.
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #500 of 963
Quote:
Yeah, I guess is safe to say the COP's are killer headphones.
biggrin.gif

Most Certianly ;3, how is the Sub Bass Response on these. I'm looking for a new Sub Heavy Can to replace my XB700, the Xb1000 is an obvious canidate atm, with the Dt 990 Pro 250 being my new Mid Bass Can

Nov 19, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #501 of 963
It's all there for legal purposes so you can't sue them if you do the stupid thing they told you not to do.

Nov 19, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #502 of 963
Quote:
It's all there for legal purposes so you can't sue them if you do the stupid thing they told you not to do.

Yeap that's pretty much it, that's why Headphones have a "listen at safe volumese" clause some where in thier manuals to. People are kinda well stupid now a days... espically here in the US sadly...

Nov 19, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #503 of 963
Basically...Beyerdynamic is not responsible of whatever happens if you do the Macarena while wearing these cans.

Nov 19, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #504 of 963
Yea it's obvious it's there for that reason but I still found it amusing to read about becoming strangulated by a headphone in a manual, that gives me a bit of a negative marketing vibe haha.

Nov 19, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #505 of 963
Do not wear headphones under any the following circumstances:
- while performing strenuous or hypermobile activity of any kind
- while running with scissors
- while trimming your hedges with a chainsaw
- in a lightning storm atop a tin roof
- accelerating to 88mph in a Delorean

Nov 19, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #508 of 963
I'm interested in putting on velour pads for comfort if nothing else. How do you think that will effect the sound?

Nov 19, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #509 of 963
Quote:
Welcome to the team!
Has anyone else done any of their own plates, or is everyone staying with the original.
Will any of you be customising the headbands and pads?

On one side I have the fake carbon look and on the other the stock COP plate. I got lazy after changing one
rolleyes.gif

Nov 19, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #510 of 963
Quote:

On one side I have the fake carbon look and on the other the stock COP plate. I got lazy after changing one
rolleyes.gif

anybody knows the exact measures on the plates in inches? side-side / top-bottom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back