Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
Nov 27, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #571 of 963
Quote:
I was told by the guy from RDD to fill out the repair form without entering any payment info since they are under warranty. I have printed everything and I am ready to ship them tomorrow morning. PDF form in link below.

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/service/repairs.html

Which way you think will be cheaper...Priority Mail, UPS or FedEx?

I also mentioned "a similar case" so they'll know is not an isolated issue.

This is the email of the Beyerdynamic repair guy which I also emailed already: peter@beyerdynamic-usa.com

I saw that form but they replied to my email. I gave them my address and they're sending a UPS guy to come pick up the headphones from me. They said I'll definitely have them back before Christmas. Just gotta include the receipt. Also I think Priority might be the cheapest.

Nov 28, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #572 of 963
@jmsilva22 and @yokken:

I get hairs stuck in my DT770's a whole lot. I'm not sure what it is about the Beyer design that makes it so susceptible to getting hairs stuck next to the driver but it seems to happen a lot. The result is a rattling noise, sometimes pretty faint, and usually only on low bass notes. To verify that its not a hair, take the ear pad off and run a lint roller over the pad covering the driver. Also try to pick off/out any hairs that you can see. If that doesn't work try snapping out the cover/pad over the drivers and sucking/blowing directly on the driver to remove any hairs. If that still doesn't work, I would get them replaced. Good luck.

One way to distinguish between a hair rattling vs. clipping is to note whether it tends to happen only on low notes. Low frequencies move the most air and move the driver the most so rattles from hairs will always occur the most on low notes whereas I imagine clipping would occur on all frequencies.

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #573 of 963
I've got mine in a box ready for UPS to pick up tomorrow. They tried to pick it up today but I didn't have it ready yet. Back to my 650s for a while :)

22 hours, 41 minutes later edit: Well UPS came and got them today, left me a small sticker with the addresses on it and a tracking number. Nifty. I can track it back to Beyer in NY. Pretty smooth.

Dec 1, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #574 of 963
*UPDATE*
Still love these phones.
Love them more and more.
I don't know if it's because they're burning-in more or what.
I just traded my Amperiors for a set of Momentums.
Although I really like the Momentums, I just can't get enough of the COP's.
I just feel my music more with them.
Momentums are comfy as hell though, I'll probably make them my summer phones for less sweaty ears.
But yeah. COP's are my fav right now. Momentums are a close second.

Dec 1, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #575 of 963
Mine arrived to Beyer yesterday afternoon. Now the waiting game begins...
frown.gif

Dec 1, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #576 of 963
UPS tracking says mine won't be there until Dec 5th. I think they'll turn it around pretty quick though.

Dec 1, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #577 of 963
Quote:
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Well as of now my honeymoon with the COP its on hold until further notice. The "clipping" issue on the right side speaker has comeback. And If I'm not mistaken somebody else in this thread is having a similar problem, so maybe there is a bad batch of these going around. A damn shame because I really like these cans.

Tomorrow morning they are going back to Beyerdynamic repair center.

I did a thread of my own of the COP's vs the DT770's and I had the same problem and so did at least one other member. Maybe it was a bad batch but it starting to look more and more like something is wrong vs a random incident

Dec 1, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #578 of 963
Sucks to hear about the clipping.. I'll be buying a dt770/250 this weekend to compare them directly with the COP 
biggrin.gif
. I might like the COP better if the dt770 has that signature Beyer treble. Though I may choose the dt770 if the COP really can't handle amping like a few people on this forum say. Anyone here oppose keeping both? xD 

Dec 2, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #579 of 963
Quote:
Sucks to hear about the clipping.. I'll be buying a dt770/250 this weekend to compare them directly with the COP 
biggrin.gif
. I might like the COP better if the dt770 has that signature Beyer treble. Though I may choose the dt770 if the COP really can't handle amping like a few people on this forum say. Anyone here oppose keeping both? xD 

I ended up sending my COP's back and keeping the 770's. Couldn't deal with the clipping or inability to handle any amping what-so-ever so I sent them back which they came! For the same price as the COP's you could always go for the DT990/250 pro's. Super Comfortable with amazing sound and cheaper than the COP's right now. Def worth a look if you don't already own

Dec 2, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #580 of 963
Quote:

I ended up sending my COP's back and keeping the 770's. Couldn't deal with the clipping or inability to handle any amping what-so-ever so I sent them back which they came! For the same price as the COP's you could always go for the DT990/250 pro's. Super Comfortable with amazing sound and cheaper than the COP's right now. Def worth a look if you don't already own

I actually had the dt990pros 
biggrin.gif
 for about two weeks until the right driver suddenly gave out on me... I would have kept them if this hadn't happened. At the moment I'm just looking for the right closed can that can isolate decently (and deliver good bass) when I don't want to bug my roommate. I may give the dt990pro another chance when I buy an open set, though I wasn't crazy about the coiled cable. The next headphone I would seriously consider is the he-400.

Dec 2, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #581 of 963
I actually had the dt990pros :D  for about two weeks until the right driver suddenly gave out on me... I would have kept them if this hadn't happened. At the moment I'm just looking for the right closed can that can isolate decently (and deliver good bass) when I don't want to bug my roommate. I may give the dt990pro another chance when I buy an open set, though I wasn't crazy about the coiled cable. The next headphone I would seriously consider is the he-400.

You'd be making the right call on that one. HE-400's are flat out amazing! Zero weaknesses and capable of handling every type of music from Dub to Classical... I will tell you though, I hope you and your roommate have the same taste in music because they have zero isolation and the sound leaks 100%!! Bass and all, it's almost like two speakers facing outward. So I'd either stay in my room or play a lot of the music they like lol :wink: Don't worry though even that music sounds better than 90% of headphones put there so you should probably change them for part ownership lol

Dec 2, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #582 of 963
Quote:
You'd be making the right call on that one. HE-400's are flat out amazing! Zero weaknesses and capable of handling every type of music from Dub to Classical... I will tell you though, I hope you and your roommate have the same taste in music because they have zero isolation and the sound leaks 100%!! Bass and all, it's almost like two speakers facing outward. So I'd either stay in my room or play a lot of the music they like lol
wink.gif
Don't worry though even that music sounds better than 90% of headphones put there so you should probably change them for part ownership lol

So I've heard, but I also don't want to buy them and have yet another revision addressing the issues in sibilance that some people have been having. I can wait a bit until they settle into one final revision.

Dec 2, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #583 of 963
Well, I emailed Peter @ Beyer and asked if they would exchange my faulty/clipping COPs with a DT770/80 or a DT880/250. I kinda miss my DT880... soooo we'll see what happens. I don't expect him to give me a headphone that costs about $100 more for free but it never hurts to ask. If all else fails and they still clip when I get them back, I'll see if RazorDogDeals will refund me.

Dec 2, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #584 of 963
Quote:
Well, I emailed Peter @ Beyer and asked if they would exchange my faulty/clipping COPs with a DT770/80 or a DT880/250. I kinda miss my DT880... soooo we'll see what happens. I don't expect him to give me a headphone that costs about $100 more for free but it never hurts to ask. If all else fails and they still clip when I get them back, I'll see if RazorDogDeals will refund me.

OMG...

That's exactly what I was thinking, but then said nah they wouldnt go for that (exchange them for a DT770/80)

Dec 2, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #585 of 963
Aw. Well if they don't clip then I guess I don't have a problem with keeping them, since they are the headphones I bought. Still want my DT880s back though... lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back