Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Thread
May 3, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #92 of 113
The COP might have been defective. Neither COP+ nor COP Studio are terribly inefficient.

SRH840 rocks. Try it out again, but change the volume when switching between it and a properly working COP so that both sound like they are more or less playing just as loud to your ears and then see for yourself which you like better.

Hate to report it, but here it is: I tried both, not in one shop (could not wait until a shop gets both), but with the same source (Sony XA, Deezer playlist, selected metal and ambient tracks), on max volume the COP+ is "enough", the Shure 840 is "loud". On one less then max volume COP+ is "definitely less than enough", the Shure 840 is "slightly more than enough". So it's decided, I bought a 840.

My heart breaks, I loved the Custom One Pro in matter of comfort and design, the 840 is just ugly. But on almost same volume (lowered 840), I heard things in the 840 that I did not hear in the COP. I am really hating the fact that the COP is not the better (at least for my needs, mainly modern metal music).

Jun 21, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #93 of 113
Hello fellow custom one owners/fanatics

I've always heard that Beyerdynamic was a benchmark regarding headphones so after some research I decided to buy the COPs
I have to say I was really surprised of the sound quality coming from mi beloved AIAIAI's TMA-1, those are pretty heavy bass headphones but I like their sound...
Thats why I decided to buy the COPs with their bass adjusting capabilities.

I've had them for about a week now and I'm having a problem playing music at loud volumes. I hear a kind of clip/distortion when I crank the volume on a macbook to about 90% on both sides.
I think the volume isn't even that loud and I'm hearing this distortion, specially with bass heavy tracks.

I don't know if this is normal or I should return them... Have you had any similar experience???

Thanks a lot

Jun 22, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #94 of 113

I've always heard that Beyerdynamic was a benchmark regarding headphones so after some research I decided to buy the COPs
I have to say I was really surprised of the sound quality coming from mi beloved AIAIAI's TMA-1, those are pretty heavy bass headphones but I like their sound...

I've had them for about a week now and I'm having a problem playing music at loud volumes. I hear a kind of clip/distortion when I crank the volume on a macbook to about 90% on both sides.
I think the volume isn't even that loud and I'm hearing this distortion, specially with bass heavy tracks.

I don't know if this is normal or I should return them... Have you had any similar experience???

Thanks a lot
Please check whether this happens with a different source. It might be caused by the macbook's sound card.

Oct 4, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #96 of 113

Thanks a lot

I had the same problem with mine. It turned out to be the 3.5mm cable. I replaced it with another one I had laying around and now they work flawlessly.

Sep 8, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #98 of 113
hi id like to do the same mod does it require any internal modification like cut and trim or just remove and resolder
Technically it just requires soldering, though it greatly benefits from some dampening and/or absorption.

Oct 22, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #99 of 113
Sorry to bring this thread back up again but..

I own a COP and a C Studio and well, comfortwise they are both fantastic and the bass slider is very useful, but apart from that they sound incredibly different. The studio is better, by a long shot. Not only the COP bass is too muddy for my taste, but the soundstage is smaller and it seems like there's no separation between frequencies. I'm using a FIIO E10k to drive them both. I'm pretty sure this is not due to a defective driver(s). Today I'm gonna try to put on some Brainwavz velour pads but I'm also considering a driver swap. I want to keep a low impedance driver. What are your recommendations?

Thanks in advance

May 17, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #100 of 113
Sorry to bring this thread back up again but..

I own a COP and a C Studio and well, comfortwise they are both fantastic and the bass slider is very useful, but apart from that they sound incredibly different. The studio is better, by a long shot. Not only the COP bass is too muddy for my taste, but the soundstage is smaller and it seems like there's no separation between frequencies. I'm using a FIIO E10k to drive them both. I'm pretty sure this is not due to a defective driver(s). Today I'm gonna try to put on some Brainwavz velour pads but I'm also considering a driver swap. I want to keep a low impedance driver. What are your recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Do The COP and C studio have the same housing?

May 17, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #101 of 113
Yes, they are identical. I think that massdrop produces a low impedance beyerdynamic 177x headphone. It's quite a lot more expensive than the COP, but it's cheaper than the original 1770 and has 32 ohms of impedance. Don't know when it'll drop next, but keep an eye out for it.

May 17, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #102 of 113
Yes, they are identical. I think that massdrop produces a low impedance beyerdynamic 177x headphone. It's quite a lot more expensive than the COP, but it's cheaper than the original 1770 and has 32 ohms of impedance. Don't know when it'll drop next, but keep an eye out for it.
Just saw your COP dt1770 pro driver mod. I think I may want to try to do the same.

Jan 15, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #105 of 113
Maybe this is a unique issue, but the comfort on these is becoming a problem for me.
In-store they fit great and were comfortable, but after a few days I was feeling pressure on the sides of my head.
I've noticed that within the headband and underneath the cushioning, the arms that hold the cups extend into a short stop. These are designed to wobble a little in that plastic bracket and when worn this top part will angle in towards the head. This metal is pressing into the sides of my skull lightly and I can't "adjust" it away.

Anyone else experienced this? Or perhaps come across a mod to resolve it?
Beyer_Metal.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back