Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Review
Jul 18, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #301 of 434
but the cups only had "monitor" or "studio monitor" written on them so i am not really sure wich 80ohm version it was.... wha
tever it was i liked it.

May have been an older model... the current DT770 Pro 80 Ohm says just that on the cups. If you buy one yourself avoid the DT770 M -- thats the sealed drummer monitor version and only meant for *very* noisy environments. Sound suffers due to it not having the small vent that the normal versions have. Isolation is perfect even with the normal ones anyway...

Jul 18, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #302 of 434
May have been an older model... the current DT770 Pro 80 Ohm says just that on the cups. If you buy one yourself avoid the DT770 M -- thats the sealed drummer monitor version and only meant for *very* noisy environments. Sound suffers due to it not having the small vent that the normal versions have. Isolation is perfect even with the normal ones anyway...

I know tem dt770 m is worse. Also they have pleather pads so they are easy to identify.
Maybr the one i tried was indeed a very old dt770... they had velour pads... unless someone exchanged them.... but i liked what i heard... not that the 250s sounded bas but the bass impact and amount was much less amd the treble boost was easy too spot.

My only quible on the 80ohm is the 3 metre straight cord. If it had the cable length of the 32 version or even a coiled cable (coiled cables are heavy but to me they look nicer) ot would be even better, specially if thinkining of using them on a train or sometging like that....

I am also going to get a 2d pair... what do you think... m50x or the cops?

I am thinking of making the mid fi all stars team.... hd25, m50x and dt770 :D

Jul 19, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #303 of 434
I know tem dt770 m is worse. Also they have pleather pads so they are easy to identify.
Maybr the one i tried was indeed a very old dt770... they had velour pads... unless someone exchanged them.... but i liked what i heard... not that the 250s sounded bas but the bass impact and amount was much less amd the treble boost was easy too spot.

My only quible on the 80ohm is the 3 metre straight cord. If it had the cable length of the 32 version or even a coiled cable (coiled cables are heavy but to me they look nicer) ot would be even better, specially if thinkining of using them on a train or sometging like that....

I am also going to get a 2d pair... what do you think... m50x or the cops?

I am thinking of making the mid fi all stars team.... hd25, m50x and dt770
biggrin.gif

Once had the HD25... I think they excel at what they are: a monitoring headphone for mobile use (i.e. recording professionals, DJs, field sound engineers etc.). For pure music enjoyment I think they also are what they are: 25 years old. To me there are better models out there...

Can't comment on the M50X as I've never heard it. COPS are fine, though I prefer the Studios as mentioned above.

You can shorten the cable without much hassle if you're able to do a little soldering. Just get a good replacement plug and cut off the old one plus the cable you don't need.

Jul 19, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #304 of 434
Once had the HD25... I think they excel at what they are: a monitoring headphone for mobile use (i.e. recording professionals, DJs, field sound engineers etc.). For pure music enjoyment I think they also are what they are: 25 years old. To me there are better models out there...

Can't comment on the M50X as I've never heard it. COPS are fine, though I prefer the Studios as mentioned above.

You can shorten the cable without much hassle if you're able to do a little soldering. Just get a good replacement plug and cut off the old one plus the cable you don't need.

No no no.... I am not a modder for sure.... Ill just live with the long cord.. :)
You necver tried any m50?

I thinking of the cop and m50x because they can be both used at home and outside. I am just considering the cops because of the 97 euros price....

Anyone compared the m50 or m50x ahainst the cops around here? Are they similar in sound signature and overall sound quality or are they completely different? The m50x is described as being a good all rounder.... Would you guys say the same about the custom one pro?

Jul 21, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #308 of 434
Pedro, sorry I do not remember the mids (i compared them about a year ago).
I prefered the M50 in every aspects, except the comfort and headset option.
Both of them are real all rounders. If you like the long listeing sessions, choose the COP.
One more thing: the COP do the best in higher volumes (much more lively on it)

Jul 21, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #309 of 434
Pedro, sorry I do not remember the mids (i compared them about a year ago).
I prefered the M50 in every aspects, except the comfort and headset option.
Both of them are real all rounders. If you like the long listeing sessions, choose the COP.
One more thing: the COP do the best in higher volumes (much more lively on it)

Thank you very much suraki :)
For now i am aordering the m50x, the 80ohm dt770 and later (in a couple of months) i am ordering of brand new hd25. Leta see if i like the dt770....

But i think i will eventually try a pair of cops becausr at their current price they deserve at least the chance to be head.... Last year o had the chance of trying the denon ah d600 for 130 euros and let it pass.... This year i think i will not be making the same mistake with the cop.... On the worst case scenario i will return them if i dont like them...

By the way, black or white? :)
Any difference in the pads texture or other materials due to the chance of color (this happens on the v moda m100 for instance...)?

To finish a question/concern about beyer headphones.... Ive been reading a lot of stuff regaeding rattling, distortion and dead drivers... Specially on the pro dts and on the cops... Should i be concerned?

Byrrdynamics warranty usually covers this types of issues?

Cheers

Aug 8, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #315 of 434
I tried out the COP in a store yesterday, and really liked it!
I compared it side by side with the m50x.
COP had more bass quantity, m50x was more like a setting 2 on COP
COP had a smoother warmer sound.
COP was less detailed
COP seemed more forgiving
COP bass was softer
COP was about the same with vocals, depended on the song

I loved the COP for hardstyle on setting 4. 
But for all other more vocal/acoustic music, I used setting 2 and 3. 
I could probably live without setting 4, setting 3 seems like a good compromise. 

I wish COP was a bit more detailed, with tighter bass, without adding lots of treble, which I'm sensitive to.
Is there such a headphone out there? 
A requirement would be same bass quantity as COP on setting 3.
Comfortable for all day listening. 
Not loose all the midrange. 

It doesn't need to be the same price range. NAD HP50? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back