Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Review
Jan 14, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #198 of 434
  Exactly how I felt between the two.
770 anniversary's highs were pretty harsh for my ears.
The COP is loads of fun.

I wonder if the AE is similar to the Pro 80. Any impressions on isolation differences between the 770 and COP?

Also has anyone found a real leather pad for the COP?

Thanks

Jan 14, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #199 of 434
I built myself a pseudo AE by putting COP drivers into a DT770 shell.

I found the isolation between COP and DT770 fairly similar. Stock pads on the COP isolate better than the velour on the DT770, but the leather/pleather pads on DT770 are better yet. The gel pads are even better.

I have J$ Denon leather pads on my COP. I tried Beyer DT pads as well which also fit.

Jan 14, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #200 of 434
  I built myself a pseudo AE by putting COP drivers into a DT770 shell.

I found the isolation between COP and DT770 fairly similar. Stock pads on the COP isolate better than the velour on the DT770, but the leather/pleather pads on DT770 are better yet. The gel pads are even better.

I have J$ Denon leather pads on my COP. I tried Beyer DT pads as well which also fit.

Yeah, I compared the two on headphone.com and the COP is similar but beats the DT in some frequency ranges. The COP seems to be one of the best isolating models, period.

I bought an early J$ pair awhile ago and couldn't stand them, gave them away.

It used to be possible to buy the real leather Manufactur pads direct from Beyer, I emailed them to see if this is still possible. I could also pull off the well used ones from my DT770. These are the ones I bought. Not a perfect fit but they work.

I am getting a strong impression that the majority feel the COP is a real improvement over the DT770, so I will likely get a pair for my travel phones when I get the LCD-XCs.

Jan 27, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #202 of 434
I am getting a strong impression that the majority feel the COP is a real improvement over the DT770, so I will likely get a pair for my travel phones when I get the LCD-XCs.

Ordered my LCD-XCs for work and the COPs for travel. These will replace my Thunderpants which I have been using for both.

Feb 10, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #205 of 434
Finally, one of the few cans I actually own. I really do love these headphones, though comfort isn't that great. I am going to sell these as I need the money. I am currently selling these on ebay, but I might sell them in the selling headphones forums if they don't sell in the next week. Selling them for $130 which is an amazing deal for this $229 MSRP.

Feb 11, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #206 of 434
  Have any other headphones with a similar adjustment feature to these come out recently?

I think there might be another headphone that have adjustable bass. As I recall the Alpha Dogs have a bass adjustment and so do another headphone, I forgot the name of. There are not many custom ability headphones. I wish there were more, but maybe had things like mid booster, or something like that. 

Feb 11, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #207 of 434
Finally, one of the few cans I actually own. I really do love these headphones, though comfort isn't that great. I am going to sell these as I need the money. I am currently selling these on ebay, but I might sell them in the selling headphones forums if they don't sell in the next week. Selling them for $130 which is an amazing deal for this $229 MSRP.

I'm interested...seriously. I can buy em via eBay if you'd like. Just PM me your ID. Can't find any for 130 on there.

Feb 18, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #208 of 434
So I wanted to give some feedback regarding the warranty of the COP. Absolutely phenomenal customer service from these guys.
the bass from my cops were crackling from day 1 of purchase so I ended up sending them into peter castelli aka sound surgeon for repair (beyerdynamic's repair guy). I shipped them on a monday from Cali to New York and to my surprise, they returned back on my door step that Friday...
I thought crap maybe I shipped it to the wrong address or maybe they denied the claim and shipped it back for whatever reason. Nope, they replaced both drivers and had it back to me the same week and they sound phenomenal now. Super stoked by the level of support beyerdynamics provides, they have earned a lifetime customer :)

Feb 22, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #209 of 434
  I can tell you the xb500 and 700 will blow the COP out of the water for pure face tickling bass, but for detail and depth, the COP are very well rounded and are much more enjoyable to listen to on a daily basis. But sony xb hands down wins the cake in sheer awe factor with bass for when youre in one of those moods :wink:

btw guys, if youre looking for a good song to test sound stage, detail and bass check out ninth wave by trifonic. became my new test song for all cans. 

I currently have the XB920s, which is supposed to have the most bass out of the XB line. I have yet to hear a different headphone with this much bass!
  So according to this, does this mean that the XB920s will still have more kick than the COPs with the bass knob in position 4?

I was shopping for this because the XB920s aren't very comfortable as they are on on ears and hurt after a few hours, but if they have less bass than the XB920s, then it's a deal breaker for me.

BTW, the XB920s with my Lenovo X1 with Dolby Home Theatre sound the best. Better than them paired with my Fiio E18 + Galaxy Note 3/ iPad 3, but with the amp the bass is still plenty; it's only the soundstage that's better with my laptop. 

Feb 22, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #210 of 434
I believe the model number you have is called the mdr x10 here in the US which does not have nearly as much bass as the old XB500/700 line up. In fact the mdr x05 have more kick in the face mid frequency bass than the x10 but not as capable of hitting the lower frequencies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back