Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Review
Nov 8, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #16 of 434
Quote:
The mids and highs seem to lack dimension and body to my ears. While the bass is there, its mostly mid-bass and the sub bass is lacking detail.

So far I'm agreeing with this. These are my first set of Beyerdynamics and even cans in price range, period. Though I've had them less than a week and they've been used less than 40 hours at this point. I don't know that I expect huge changes with more burn-in time. 

But not surprisingly they're still the best sounding headphones I've had. Perhaps I just expected deeper bass for the price tag - and not being an audiophile I'm used to more bass-forward headphones (even without sub-bass) and still getting used to a flatter but clearer monitor sound. 

Nov 8, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #17 of 434
Quote:

1 post?

The way he wrote it you can interpret it's not written by an unexperienced listener unlike most feedback in the other COP thread. Besides this Steve Guttenberg from CNET seems to like these quite a lot too, it seems the more experience the more liked it is, I'm guessing these headphones need an acquired taste, for many newcomers V-shape headphones or well more aggressive / in-your-face treble signatures tend to impress people while often this changes over time to start appriciate a more smooth and warm midrange that's not necessarily crystal clear or "crisp" but what is there is smooth but still detailed sound.

I'm guessing this is the case with COP.

Nov 10, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #22 of 434
Quote:
My friend is selling me a pair of dt880 for $150 so about 20$ cheaper than the custom one's. What should I do
frown.gif

As long as you have a decent headphone amplifier to drive them, I say DT880s (250-Ohm? or 600-Ohm?).

Nov 11, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #24 of 434
Quote:
Would they sound like crap if I were to plug the dt880 into my iPhone ?

Try it and you will find out. It probably would not sound like "crap" but you may not find the power enough. If necessary, you can spend the saved money on something like the FiiO E6. The DT880 is a higher quality headphone than the DT770 (and the Custom One Pro is apparently not even as good as the DT770, but I do not have it), so if you can get one that is in close to new-like condition for only $150, and do not need isolation or a bass heavy sound, then it is recommended.

Nov 14, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #26 of 434
Apparently the sound signatures are similar.
I see more pluses with the COP though, as it has user replaceable cables and pads and is customizable in terms of both sound and appearance.

Nov 14, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #27 of 434
I'm was looking at these but they're $200 on Amazon.  Anyone know of any good deals running right now?  Maybe there'll be something good on Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

Nov 14, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #28 of 434
I picked mine up from razordogdeal on ebay for $150. They list it at 199 with the best offer option. Offer them $150.
They're also an authorized dealer.
They ship extremely quick.

Nov 15, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #29 of 434
Quote:
Apparently the sound signatures are similar.
I see more pluses with the COP though, as it has user replaceable cables and pads and is customizable in terms of both sound and appearance.

No they do not sound like the M50, at all. Sorry :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back