Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Dec 28, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #721 of 784
Pads have arrived today and after strapping them on I can share the experience that they are more comfortable on the top side of the cans. Noted that I ordered the VB's because I personally liked the looks of the black ones. Sadly it didn't improve the seal in any significant way which was a huge disappointment. They still leave a gab underneath my ears. I'm sadly starting to believe these HP's are just not a good match for my head :sob:. I also personally didn't like the sound signature after replacing the pads, but that could have been a mind-play, because I forgot to test them before replacing. They sounded more muddier and flat.

I haven't tried the earpads cover yet, but given the size of the gab in the seal I'm wondering if that will make enough a change for it to seal properly.

If I were to go wired + closed + easily drivable (+ optionally wireless), which would be a good alternative? I really REALLY like the sound signature of the Amiron Wireless.
:) for me there was little to no sound signature change of course YMMW :) Muddy one was my brainwavz faux leather I've tested too...

Jan 9, 2022 at 5:41 AM Post #722 of 784
I wasn't able to get a good seal around my ears until I bent the yokes so that the angle of pressure changed AND swapped out the stock pads for pads that were thicker in the back than in the front, specifically Dekoni Fostex TH900 hybrid pads. I found hybrid closer to stock than full leather (too muddy) or velour (too lean), but I can't say they sound 100% the same as stock

https://dekoniaudio.com/product/elite-hybrid-ear-pads-for-fostex-th900-headphones/
so based on your testing the Dekoni hybrid can sealed better than stock?

Jan 9, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #725 of 784
OK cool...will give it a try....the stock pad seriously make the bass too weak....
You sure you have placed the stock pads properly on your ears? Once placed properly, bass is not weak.

Jan 11, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #727 of 784
I always wondered how the headband-holder (I have no idea how they are called) are done so in case anyone wants to see it too:

Jan 24, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #728 of 784
Hello there. I just registered with intension to put my 2cents of Amiron Wireles after 1 week of use.

Im not audiophile as you folks here probably understand what audiophile is, but my friends and family calling me like it. I would call myself "middle-man" in terms of audiophile. Before digging deeper would like to introduce my daily drivers: Bower&Wilkins PI4 and Bang&Olufsen Beoplay H2. Also for a time I had longer or shorter relationship with Bose QC25, Sony WH-1000XM3, B&W P5, Beoplay HX and some others I cant recall right now, but it was more than 20 and price was more than 100euros. So kind of V shape sound with little of bass addon and soft mids reduce are my favorite. Not the bass head, but not a purist as well. Usually most of the headphones/iems I have tried i could make myself more or less comfortable with EQ. But not this time.

AW are my the most expensive cans I bought so far, maybe thats why I had most high expectations as well. I did a hearing test with MIY app and then using aptxHD wasted whole week playing around with headphones EQ settings together with my LG V60 EQ settings to get something what normal people (not an audiophiles) call bass or low frequencies. (I thought Beoplay HX was lacking bass but oh boy..). I gave up. I have read suggestions about earcups covers, fillings upgrades etc but come on! Cans with such a price tag should deliver straight out of the box, without any physical tuning. What they actually does in awesome way if we dont care about everything below 80Hz. I have experinced "wow" effect in instrumental or vocal tracks. But electronics (deep house, chill house, club techno or even some mainstream pop tracks) - What...

So I believe its a great product for real audio guys, but if someone is like me - a "middle-man" - I suggest to skip this.

Ordered and waiting for Beoplay H95 to arrive but with kinda little fear to expect anything :)

P.s and btw looks like is very nice comunity here, i have found a lot usefull info. Sorry for my english and Good luck for everyone to find the best sound for everyones ears!

Jan 24, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #729 of 784
Hello there. I just registered with intension to put my 2cents of Amiron Wireles after 1 week of use.

Im not audiophile as you folks here probably understand what audiophile is, but my friends and family calling me like it. I would call myself "middle-man" in terms of audiophile. Before digging deeper would like to introduce my daily drivers: Bower&Wilkins PI4 and Bang&Olufsen Beoplay H2. Also for a time I had longer or shorter relationship with Bose QC25, Sony WH-1000XM3, B&W P5, Beoplay HX and some others I cant recall right now, but it was more than 20 and price was more than 100euros. So kind of V shape sound with little of bass addon and soft mids reduce are my favorite. Not the bass head, but not a purist as well. Usually most of the headphones/iems I have tried i could make myself more or less comfortable with EQ. But not this time.

AW are my the most expensive cans I bought so far, maybe thats why I had most high expectations as well. I did a hearing test with MIY app and then using aptxHD wasted whole week playing around with headphones EQ settings together with my LG V60 EQ settings to get something what normal people (not an audiophiles) call bass or low frequencies. (I thought Beoplay HX was lacking bass but oh boy..). I gave up. I have read suggestions about earcups covers, fillings upgrades etc but come on! Cans with such a price tag should deliver straight out of the box, without any physical tuning. What they actually does in awesome way if we dont care about everything below 80Hz. I have experinced "wow" effect in instrumental or vocal tracks. But electronics (deep house, chill house, club techno or even some mainstream pop tracks) - What...

So I believe its a great product for real audio guys, but if someone is like me - a "middle-man" - I suggest to skip this.

Ordered and waiting for Beoplay H95 to arrive but with kinda little fear to expect anything :)

P.s and btw looks like is very nice comunity here, i have found a lot usefull info. Sorry for my english and Good luck for everyone to find the best sound for everyones ears!
Hello, welcome on this site. Once you step a foot in it, your life (and marriage) will probably doomed lol
Just kidding, or maybe not, I don't know....

You don't need to be a audiophile, there is another: audio-enthusiast. I'm like that because I appreciate great sounding audio. I don't like analytical or critical audio.

And no matter the price, wether be it 50 euros, 500 or 5000 euros or even 59,990€, yes there is one(!!!), there will be always flaws or issues. The issue with the Amiron Wireless is indeed the lack of bass when the earpads are not properly placed on/over the ears. I had that when I got it on day of delivery but I already knew about that issue before I bought it so I was playing with it. I use Geekria earpads covers and at some point, I'm so used my hands automatically place the earpads properly and have never that issue ever again. I'm still impressed by its sound and design. The AW doesn't lack in bass, it's due to the design. The comfort is superb too. You just have to play with how to place them to get the right sound and once placed properly, you'll likely love the sound.

A perfect headphone doesn't exist. A very good sounding headphone does exist and yet, that's extremely subjective. One may hate the AW and the other loves the AW. Life would be very boring and lifeless if all the 7 billions of humans loves the same thing.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2022 at 4:20 AM Post #730 of 784
So is there a consensus on which earpads should be used?

Also I have read a few reviews on Amazon about the clunky Wi-Fi/Bluetooth connection being very short in its range. Anybody had any issues with this? I’m looking for a good/best pair of wireless. I have the momentum 2 which I like but looking for an upgrade.
Also, is it possible to receive and make calls with them?
thanks everyone.

Mar 31, 2022 at 4:33 AM Post #731 of 784
I have no problem with bluetooth connection, maybe not the best on the market but very much stable if you stay within few meters from phone
Regarding the pads after few years I still recommend what I've posted in the past, i.e. the original grey velvet ETD770 , cheaper and better looking than others and they do the job

Here is a picture of my Amiron Wireless Copper

amiron.jpg

Mar 31, 2022 at 5:11 AM Post #732 of 784
I have no problem with bluetooth connection, maybe not the best on the market but very much stable if you stay within few meters from phone
Regarding the pads after few years I still recommend what I've posted in the past, i.e. the original grey velvet ETD770 , cheaper and better looking than others and they do the job

+1 on EDT770 pads and I've no BT problems at all, but it can be environment dependent when there are a lot of other 2.4GHz devices around.

Mar 31, 2022 at 6:44 AM Post #734 of 784
Thanks….who makes those pads…are they beyer’s ?
Yes, Beyerdynamic provides self-service parts like earpads and other nice parts.

Apr 1, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #735 of 784

May I ask how far away can you move using Aptx HD and with a wall in the way before the connection drops? I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to test it at the shop and I really need the headset to go through a wall and stay connected. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back