Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Oct 27, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #693 of 785
anyway, same cans :)
I know. I'm just curious why only the Amiron Wireless got the Copper theme while all the other headphones doesn't have it.

Oct 27, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #694 of 785
better looking? better sale?

Oct 27, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #695 of 785
I've now tested them for about an hour, and while the general audio quality impression is absolutely lovely, clear, superb vocals and very open (for a set of closed cans), there is a very audible rattle from the right speaker on everything bellow 100Hz, even on low to medium volume, wireless and wired. Such a disappointment. This is my first experience with Beyerdynamic, and while I've read about QC issues with the Amiron Wirelss specifically, I don't know if this is to be expected across their whole product line.

Again, this is just the initial impression, but the comfort is also pretty meh. Compared to my Fidelio X3, it is night and day. The lack of clamping force is definitely real and it affects the comfort (not to mention the audio quality, tho I must say, my first impression is that the low-end is decent anyway, despite getting way better when applying additional clamping pressure with my hands) as long as you're not sitting absolutely still. The ear-pads are also quite hard. Too hard to be fully comfortable and hug the head.

Lastly, the power button. Many have mentioned this, but I thought, how bad can it be! The button is near unusable. It's flush with the body, requires a lot of pressure to press, and is mushy as all hell, there is hardly any haptic indication that you've pressed it hard enough. You need to rely on the led light, while covering it with your finger. As far as a button goes, this is probably as bad as it can probably be. This combined with no sort of auto-off (I wouldn't expect wear sensors but at least auto-off after a few minutes of no signal) and the fact that you gotta hold it down for 6 seconds (but 6 seconds max, else you turn them back on), really makes me question whether this will be too big of pain to use daily. I can't stress this enough - and I can't believe I'm writing an entire paragraph about a ****ing button - this is by far the worst feeling button I've ever experienced on any type of gadget, ever.

Needless to say, they're going back because of the rattle from the right ear-cup, but my first impression is very underwhelming, which is sad, as their audio profile seems to be right up my alley. I really need to think hard about whether I should get them replaced or just returned. I'm leaning on returning them and looking elsewhere.

Oct 27, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #696 of 785
I've now tested them for about an hour, and while the general audio quality impression is absolutely lovely, clear, superb vocals and very open (for a set of closed cans), there is a very audible rattle from the right speaker on everything bellow 100Hz, even on low to medium volume, wireless and wired. Such a disappointment. This is my first experience with Beyerdynamic, and while I've read about QC issues with the Amiron Wirelss specifically, I don't know if this is to be expected across their whole product line.

Again, this is just the initial impression, but the comfort is also pretty meh. Compared to my Fidelio X3, it is night and day. The lack of clamping force is definitely real and it affects the comfort (not to mention the audio quality, tho I must say, my first impression is that the low-end is decent anyway, despite getting way better when applying additional clamping pressure with my hands) as long as you're not sitting absolutely still. The ear-pads are also quite hard. Too hard to be fully comfortable and hug the head.

Lastly, the power button. Many have mentioned this, but I thought, how bad can it be! The button is near unusable. It's flush with the body, requires a lot of pressure to press, and is mushy as all hell, there is hardly any haptic indication that you've pressed it hard enough. You need to rely on the led light, while covering it with your finger. As far as a button goes, this is probably as bad as it can probably be. This combined with no sort of auto-off (I wouldn't expect wear sensors but at least auto-off after a few minutes of no signal) and the fact that you gotta hold it down for 6 seconds (but 6 seconds max, else you turn them back on), really makes me question whether this will be too big of pain to use daily. I can't stress this enough - and I can't believe I'm writing an entire paragraph about a ****ing button - this is by far the worst feeling button I've ever experienced on any type of gadget, ever.

Needless to say, they're going back because of the rattle from the right ear-cup, but my first impression is very underwhelming, which is sad, as their audio profile seems to be right up my alley. I really need to think hard about whether I should get them replaced or just returned. I'm leaning on returning them and looking elsewhere.
Sorry to hear you got bad experiences with the Amiron Wireless. Regarding the earpads being hard, I did explain about them:
Get Geekria earpad covers and the comfort will get better. If you buy your Amiron Wireless new, don't be scared as the earpads will feel uncomfortable because they are new and needs to be used soften after a few days. The comfort will get better. But Geekria earpad covers will fix it for you.
The earpads are quite hard when new but so were the earpads of my X2HR, they were uncomfortable and after some time, they gotten more comfortable and can't feel them anymore, same goes for my Amiron Wireless.

The rattle issue is probably a bad unit, you should get them replaced. But if the sound is not for you, you could return them.

Nov 3, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #697 of 785

I actually had the same rattle show up with mine as well, also on the right side, less than a month into ownership. I was still well within the Amazon return window, so they went back. Still haven't decided whether to order another pair or not. It looks like Hifiman may have a new closed back with Bluetooth coming in this price range, the HE-R9, so I've been considering checking that out when it gets released in the US. I did really enjoy the Amiron Wireless once I put new pads on it, so I may just order a new pair

Nov 3, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #698 of 785
I really, really wanted to like these, but being so disappointed they arrived defective, I went out and got a pair of AirPods Max. I still haven't set the Amirons back and have been doing a lot of comparisons in the meantime.

Honestly, for me, being quite deep into the Apple eco system, the APM are simply a superior product. Believe me, I really didn't wanna be an APM douche. But the build is nicer. The comfort is nicer. They actually hug your head rather that just hang on it. The Bluetooth is way more robust. The range is literally 5 times better. Handoff between Apple devices just works. There is no horrendous power button to fiddle with. They are just there, I put them on my head when I want to use them, I take them off when I'm done. That's literally it. No connection procedure, no nothing, it's literally like if they were wired, only they're wireless.

Now, when it comes to the sound, out of the box, the Amirons are superior. The APM sound like you'd expected a pair of headphones intended to please the mass market. There's too much bass and the mids are low and too boomy. But, with just a bit of EQ:ing, the sound can be drastically improved, and I'd say, they become a way more versatile pair of headphones than the Amirons. Listening to acoustic music with lots of vocals, I'd say the APM is about 80% there compared to the Amirons. However, the APM can provide a bass depth and punch - when needed - that the Amirons simply can't even come close to, making them also suitable for EDM and even movies.

I'll definitely be keeping my eyes out for a modernisation of the Amirons, where discussions about bending the stalks of your 700 euro headphones and having to immediately replace the brand new earpads just to make them sit right hopefully wont be a thing. Maybe even an actually usable power button. A man can dream!

Nov 3, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #699 of 785
I really, really wanted to like these, but being so disappointed they arrived defective, I went out and got a pair of AirPods Max. I still haven't set the Amirons back and have been doing a lot of comparisons in the meantime.

Honestly, for me, being quite deep into the Apple eco system, the APM are simply a superior product. Believe me, I really didn't wanna be an APM douche. But the build is nicer. The comfort is nicer. They actually hug your head rather that just hang on it. The Bluetooth is way more robust. The range is literally 5 times better. Handoff between Apple devices just works. There is no horrendous power button to fiddle with. They are just there, I put them on my head when I want to use them, I take them off when I'm done. That's literally it. No connection procedure, no nothing, it's literally like if they were wired, only they're wireless.

Now, when it comes to the sound, out of the box, the Amirons are superior. The APM sound like you'd expected a pair of headphones intended to please the mass market. There's too much bass and the mids are low and too boomy. But, with just a bit of EQ:ing, the sound can be drastically improved, and I'd say, they become a way more versatile pair of headphones than the Amirons. Listening to acoustic music with lots of vocals, I'd say the APM is about 80% there compared to the Amirons. However, the APM can provide a bass depth and punch - when needed - that the Amirons simply can't even come close to, making them also suitable for EDM and even movies.

I'll definitely be keeping my eyes out for a modernisation of the Amirons, where discussions about bending the stalks of your 700 euro headphones and having to immediately replace the brand new earpads just to make them sit right hopefully wont be a thing. Maybe even an actually usable power button. A man can dream!

I've looked seriously at the Airpods Max, but I'm Android only with no intentions to switch, so I don't know that they're worth it since so many of the features are Apple exclusive. I can definitely see the appeal for iPhone users

Nov 3, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #700 of 785
How do you test it with the 100hz and below? I mean, do you use a tool to test?

I've found sites to test and no rattle.

@danielcrk
I'm afraid you had a bad unit aswell as @HipHopScribe Too much bass and too boomy? My Meze Classics 99 with the stock cable has a too boomy bass and when using the silverplated upgrade cables, bass is about right. The fun thing is, I had to crank up the bass by EQ in the beginning. EQ never been my thing tbh but the love is starting to grow and never been EQ'ing any of my headphone.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #701 of 785
@danielcrk
I'm afraid you had a bad unit aswell as @HipHopScribe Too much bass and too boomy? My Meze Classics 99 with the stock cable has a too boomy bass and when using the silverplated upgrade cables, bass is about right. The fun thing is, I had to crank up the bass by EQ in the beginning. EQ never been my thing tbh but the love is starting to grow and never been EQ'ing any of my headphone.
I'm not doubting that mine was a bad unit. But too much bass and too boomy was referring to the out of the box experience with the AirPods, not the Amirons.

Nov 24, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #702 of 785
I got copper. They really have problems with squeezing. They are too loosely sitting on their heads squeeze enough and therefore little bass. Sound: alcantara = 7/10, velour (EDT 1770) = 8.5/10, velour (EDT 1770) + headband = 10/10. I want to disassemble and add the headband inside.
NvM9lD.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back