Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Nov 24, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #706 of 785
How did you do that?
Steel file and a little time :)
Headband from my old headphones:
GALTzl.jpg

Nov 24, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #707 of 785
Nov 24, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #709 of 785
I could not remove it. I'm bypass it. I cut off the desired length and pushed into the hole.
Damn, talking about unfriendly self-service. I (and others too) have used stuff like glue to fix the padding issue. But the sound is indeed amazing.

Nov 27, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #710 of 785
Just bought a pair of these on a whim. I'm aware of the pad issue, but did Beyer fix the issue in a subsequent release? If not, any Dekoni suggestions for better seal?

Dec 27, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #711 of 785
Proud owner of a new set of Amiron Wireless HP's here! As many of you I'm absolutely loving the sound signature of these cans, both wired and wireless. Before buying these I was aware of the clamping force issue and wanted to give them a try. Received them a couple of days ago and I'm sadly one of the people who are being hit by the clamping force issue. Seal is far from perfect for me, with a half-finger sized gab right underneath my ears. I got quite a thick set of hair above my ears and I noticed that most of that clamping force is directed specifically on that section which leaves not enough force to seal the bottom half of the cans. Most of you advised replacing the earpads with Dekoni or EDT 770 V's, and I've ordered the latter ones, which will hopefully arrive tomorrow.

My question is about the experience people have with the imperfect seal and the replacement pads, specifically the EDT 770 V's. Does anyone experience an imperfect seal due to having too much hair above the ears and does one reckon replacing them with the EDT 770 V's will be enough of an improvement to seal them enough for the bass to not leak away? Im curious if it may be the case I received a unit with even lower clamping force, because I can barely look downwards and not have them fall of my head :scream:

Dec 27, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #712 of 785
Proud owner of a new set of Amiron Wireless HP's here! As many of you I'm absolutely loving the sound signature of these cans, both wired and wireless. Before buying these I was aware of the clamping force issue and wanted to give them a try. Received them a couple of days ago and I'm sadly one of the people who are being hit by the clamping force issue. Seal is far from perfect for me, with a half-finger sized gab right underneath my ears. I got quite a thick set of hair above my ears and I noticed that most of that clamping force is directed specifically on that section which leaves not enough force to seal the bottom half of the cans. Most of you advised replacing the earpads with Dekoni or EDT 770 V's, and I've ordered the latter ones, which will hopefully arrive tomorrow.

My question is about the experience people have with the imperfect seal and the replacement pads, specifically the EDT 770 V's. Does anyone experience an imperfect seal due to having too much hair above the ears and does one reckon replacing them with the EDT 770 V's will be enough of an improvement to seal them enough for the bass to not leak away? Im curious if it may be the case I received a unit with even lower clamping force, because I can barely look downwards and not have them fall of my head :scream:
Sad to hear that. I must have missed that issue quite often or it doesn't apply to me. However, as cautious as I am, I like to keep all of my stuff in great condition so I protect them. I use Geekria earpads covers to protect them against dust, hair and also against sweating. And the comfort got unexpectedly enhanced with better seal and perfect seal. The earpads covers goes against your ears while the seal gets improved and bass doesn't leak. That's all I can share of my experience.

Dec 27, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #713 of 785
Sad to hear that. I must have missed that issue quite often or it doesn't apply to me. However, as cautious as I am, I like to keep all of my stuff in great condition so I protect them. I use Geekria earpads covers to protect them against dust, hair and also against sweating. And the comfort got unexpectedly enhanced with better seal and perfect seal. The earpads covers goes against your ears while the seal gets improved and bass doesn't leak. That's all I can share of my experience.
I've seen that product pop up in this thread a couple of times. Are you using them over the original earpads? I'll check them out after my experience with the new earpads.

Dec 27, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #714 of 785
I've seen that product pop up in this thread a couple of times. Are you using them over the original earpads? I'll check them out after my experience with the new earpads.
Yes, I use them over the original earpads, they enhance comfort too. Others have confirmed that.

Dec 27, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #715 of 785

770V pads helps with better seal, but for me it was more problem of comfort, because original pads were too hard and pressing strong above my ears that I can't listen more than one hour to these HP. 770V pads are softer and better accommodate head shape and thus are holding better in place on the head.

Dec 27, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #716 of 785
Yes, I use them over the original earpads, they enhance comfort too. Others have confirmed that.
I've checked the website, but I can't accurately tell which ones would be a good fit for it. Could I ask of you which ones you are using? I've found a post of user Povidlo on page 42 in this thread which I presume is sort of what you mean?

770V pads helps with better seal, but for me it was more problem of comfort, because original pads were too hard and pressing strong above my ears that I can't listen more than one hour to these HP. 770V pads are softer and better accommodate head shape and thus are holding better in place on the head.
I followed your history in this thread and I hope I'll find the same comfort and seal improvement as you found. At least I'll hope to see an improvement and maybe I'll just have to throw my hair back more to have it fit better :relaxed:. When they arrive I'll snap them on and keep you all posted on the resulting experience.

Dec 27, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #717 of 785
I've checked the website, but I can't accurately tell which ones would be a good fit for it. Could I ask of you which ones you are using? I've found a post of user Povidlo on page 42 in this thread which I presume is sort of what you mean?

I followed your history in this thread and I hope I'll find the same comfort and seal improvement as you found. At least I'll hope to see an improvement and maybe I'll just have to throw my hair back more to have it fit better :relaxed:. When they arrive I'll snap them on and keep you all posted on the resulting experience.
First I apply these:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07HCH3QHB?psc=1
And then:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07C6GHSWR?psc=1

Dec 28, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #718 of 785
Pads have arrived today and after strapping them on I can share the experience that they are more comfortable on the top side of the cans. Noted that I ordered the VB's because I personally liked the looks of the black ones. Sadly it didn't improve the seal in any significant way which was a huge disappointment. They still leave a gab underneath my ears. I'm sadly starting to believe these HP's are just not a good match for my head :sob:. I also personally didn't like the sound signature after replacing the pads, but that could have been a mind-play, because I forgot to test them before replacing. They sounded more muddier and flat.

I haven't tried the earpads cover yet, but given the size of the gab in the seal I'm wondering if that will make enough a change for it to seal properly.

If I were to go wired + closed + easily drivable (+ optionally wireless), which would be a good alternative? I really REALLY like the sound signature of the Amiron Wireless.

Dec 28, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #719 of 785
Pads have arrived today and after strapping them on I can share the experience that they are more comfortable on the top side of the cans. Noted that I ordered the VB's because I personally liked the looks of the black ones. Sadly it didn't improve the seal in any significant way which was a huge disappointment. They still leave a gab underneath my ears. I'm sadly starting to believe these HP's are just not a good match for my head :sob:. I also personally didn't like the sound signature after replacing the pads, but that could have been a mind-play, because I forgot to test them before replacing. They sounded more muddier and flat.

I haven't tried the earpads cover yet, but given the size of the gab in the seal I'm wondering if that will make enough a change for it to seal properly.

If I were to go wired + closed + easily drivable (+ optionally wireless), which would be a good alternative? I really REALLY like the sound signature of the Amiron Wireless.
Regarding the earpads altering the sound, I can't say anything because never swapped pads before. But muddier? I once could try out the Sony WH XM3 and now that's muddy! :p

You could always try the earpads covers, they are not expensive and they'll protect them anyway. For me personally, the seal and comfort has gotten better. The Amirons are one of a kind headphones, both Wireless and Home so any alternatives? I don't know which ones would that be.

The stock pads are indeed stiff when new. I had that issue too but it has gotten better and softer after some time.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #720 of 785

I wasn't able to get a good seal around my ears until I bent the yokes so that the angle of pressure changed AND swapped out the stock pads for pads that were thicker in the back than in the front, specifically Dekoni Fostex TH900 hybrid pads. I found hybrid closer to stock than full leather (too muddy) or velour (too lean), but I can't say they sound 100% the same as stock

https://dekoniaudio.com/product/elite-hybrid-ear-pads-for-fostex-th900-headphones/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back